Dzongsar Khyentse in Nova Scotia

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
Nilasarasvati
Location: Trāyastriṃśa. Just kidding. What a cool sanksrit word, huh?

Dzongsar Khyentse in Nova Scotia

Post by Nilasarasvati »

Tonight at 7:30 PM EST, Dzongsar Jamyang Khyenste Rinpoche will begin a two-day teaching on Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche's foreward to Rain of Wisdom a book of Songs of Realization of the Kagyu Gurus.

The teachings will be streamed for the benefit of the pretas in then nosebleed section like myself.

I thought I'd start this thread wherein we can discuss and comment and question.

http://www.siddharthasintent.org/rain-o ... tream.html
dzogchungpa

Re: Dzongsar Khyentse in Nova Scotia

Post by dzogchungpa »

It's at 7:30 PM Atlantic Daylight Time.
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbr ... a/adt.html
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

As a preparation, I find it is helpful to read the introduction to Rain Of Wisdom. It has been posted on the Chronicle Project website. Also good to listen to Robin Korman on the same subject and finally to hear David Rome read three of Trungpa Rinpoche's poems.

:namaste:
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.
Nilasarasvati

Post by Nilasarasvati »

Thank you oh my Kannadian friend for the correction.

Also, yes! Read the foreward. I should have included the link to the PDF:

http://www.siddharthasintent.org/files/ ... rungpa.pdf

Also, David Rome reading the Vidyadhara's poetry (is this what you had in mind, Malabeads?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_2186qGvI4
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

If you are referring to me, I am very happy to have been of service to the blue Devi, but I am not Kannadian or even Karnatakan, but Kalifornian.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Nilasarasvati

Post by Nilasarasvati »

Aw well I was looking for any excuse to use Walt Whitman's spelling.
Nilasarasvati

Post by Nilasarasvati »

<3 this is so necessary for me :P
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Well, that was quite interesting. I really laughed when he was talking about the cigar.
Nilasarasvati

Post by Nilasarasvati »

I really laughed a lot in general. I'm home with my family and they probably thought I was going insane.
Some points that were amazing for me:

1. Talking about how Trungpas description of "nevertheless, in spite of their encouragement (his Gurus), I have been left out in the cold as full-time garbageman, janitor, diaper service, and babysitter." and how this should be aspiration for the young Tulkus.

2. The whole ice to water metaphor. Problem/solution obstacle/path nondualism. It makes me realize, I have no idea what the path really is all about. How it works. What I'm supposed to do. At all.

3. Anything regarding Tilopa. I laughed so hard when he was talking about this out of pure glee; this is why I can't understand people who are scandalized by Trungpa Rinpoche's behaviors--look at the founding figures of the lineage! They were by all worldly standards, disgusting, insane, unfathomably weird, freakish, untouchable!

Anyway. Amazing. Will be watching early in the AM for certain. Sadhu for all those 800-900 people who were with us, and all those who had the incredible merit to be in that auditorium.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

He really seemed to enjoy saying 'pimp', although I think the word he was actually looking for was either 'panderer' or 'procurer'.
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

I always enjoy listening to him but was only able to listen in for few minutes today as my own teacher was teaching at the same time (what is it that we say in English - "when it rains it pours")? It was like that today.

Will be listening for sure tomorrow though. Wonder if they will post the replay?
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.
Nilasarasvati

Post by Nilasarasvati »

Malabeads, Siddhartha's intent has stated they will post the teachings on their site as soon as they are over, much to my great happiness.

Yes, when it rains it pours indeed! Haha. You must have been sweatin like a fat kid at a cupcake convention.
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

Nilasarasvati wrote:You must have been sweatin like a fat kid at a cupcake convention.
LOL!

I have no idea what that means but it made me laugh out loud so you must be onto to something!

Good to hear SI will post the talks on its website.

Ciao.
Nilasarasvati

Post by Nilasarasvati »

I'm onto the universal truth of cupcakes.
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

Nilasarasvati wrote:I'm onto the universal truth of cupcakes.
May I be reborn as a cupcake then!

Cause I've already spent this life as the fat kid!
Nilasarasvati

Post by Nilasarasvati »

IN times of fatkid famine,
may I be reborn as countless cupcakes
the frosting, the very sprinkles themselves.
Until all diabeetus is utterly inevitable.
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

Nila,

Do you (or anyone) know what Doha he read at the beginning - the one he wanted to read in 'the original language'?
Nilasarasvati

Post by Nilasarasvati »

Not offhand at all.
If I had to take a guess it was one of Gampopas because to my ear he said "Dagpo" but I'm not Kagyu nor familiar with the lineage masters nor this book at ALL so please ask a Kagyupa!
Punya

Post by Punya »

Nilasarasvati wrote: The whole ice to water metaphor.
This is something I want to listen to again because I haven't heard him say this before. What was your take on what he meant?
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
Punya

Post by Punya »

Nilasarasvati wrote:Malabeads, Siddhartha's intent has stated they will post the teachings on their site as soon as they are over, much to my great happiness.
Hopefully it will be the same as for the Hong Kong teachings: a free podcast.
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche

Return to “Media”