Vasubandhu Pure Land site

Vasubandhu Pure Land site

Postby Leo Rivers » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:23 am

While I was searching for Vasubandhu materials I found a Pure Land Sutra Supply SIte with a piece by Vasubandhu as well.
Pure Land Scriptures - translations

http://www12.canvas.ne.jp/horai/dharma-treasury-index.htm



VASUBANDHU'S DISCOURSE ON THE PURE LAND - JODORON
translated from Chinese by Hisao Inagaki
VASUBANDHU'S VERSES OF ASPIRATION FOR BIRTH: UPADESHA ON THE AMITAYUS SUTRA
Vasubandhu= Discourse on the Pure Land;
http://www12.canvas.ne.jp/horai/jodoron.htm


I'll peek around myself. :reading:
User avatar
Leo Rivers
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:52 am

Re: Vasubandhu Pure Land site

Postby Nosta » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:15 pm

Interesting site, thanks!!
User avatar
Nosta
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:28 pm

Re: Vasubandhu Pure Land site

Postby kalden yungdrung » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:39 pm

Leo Rivers wrote:While I was searching for Vasubandhu materials I found a Pure Land Sutra Supply SIte with a piece by Vasubandhu as well.
Pure Land Scriptures - translations

http://www12.canvas.ne.jp/horai/dharma-treasury-index.htm



VASUBANDHU'S DISCOURSE ON THE PURE LAND - JODORON
translated from Chinese by Hisao Inagaki
VASUBANDHU'S VERSES OF ASPIRATION FOR BIRTH: UPADESHA ON THE AMITAYUS SUTRA
Vasubandhu= Discourse on the Pure Land;
http://www12.canvas.ne.jp/horai/jodoron.htm


I'll peek around myself. :reading:



Tashi delek,

See here, that you are dealing with a topic from / attributed to Vasubandhu.
He is also wellknown to me as the brother of Asangha who came in contact with Buddha Maitreya.

I have so a question:

- Maybe could you help me to find the kosmological interpretations of Vasubandhu and maybe is it also explainable why his vision differs greatly from the Vajrayana opinion.

It would not clear at all where his Kosmological View does stem from........

Maybe you know more?

Thanks in advance for your attention and sorry to be :offtopic:

Mutsug Marro
KY
THOUGH A MAN BE LEARNED
IF HE DOES NOT APPLY HIS KNOWLEDGE
HE RESEMBLES THE BLIND MAN
WHO WITH A LAMP IN THE HAND CANNOT SEE THE ROAD
User avatar
kalden yungdrung
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: Vasubandhu Pure Land site

Postby Malcolm » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:08 pm

kalden yungdrung wrote:I have so a question:

- Maybe could you help me to find the kosmological interpretations of Vasubandhu



Chapter three of the Abhidharmakoshabhasyam.


and maybe is it also explainable why his vision differs greatly from the Vajrayana opinion.



It doesn't really. Kalacakra cosmology is unique -- but otherwise the model of the Meru cosmology used in Vasubandhu's presentation as the defacto cosmology used in Indian and Tibetan Vajrayāna accounts.

The origin of Vasubandhu's cosmology is the the Sarvastivada school.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 11738
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Vasubandhu Pure Land site

Postby Jikan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:27 pm

Related question that Malcolm is particularly well positioned to address:

in the volume Heart Drops of Dharmakaya, it's claimed that Vasubhandu's cosmology shares a common origin with Bonpo teachings. Is this a plausible claim? If so, does it contradict the claim that it derives from the Sarvastivada school? Or does it follow that the Bonpo tradition may share a common origin with the Sarvastivada school also?
Thanks to the help of generous sponsors (most of them from DharmaWheel), I'm doing a Vajra Armor (Dorje Kotrab) self-retreat this summer. May the merit be yours!
Jikan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4975
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Re: Vasubandhu Pure Land site

Postby Malcolm » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:47 pm

Jikan wrote:Related question that Malcolm is particularly well positioned to address:

in the volume Heart Drops of Dharmakaya, it's claimed that Vasubhandu's cosmology shares a common origin with Bonpo teachings. Is this a plausible claim? If so, does it contradict the claim that it derives from the Sarvastivada school? Or does it follow that the Bonpo tradition may share a common origin with the Sarvastivada school also?



see viewtopic.php?f=78&t=9553
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 11738
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am


Return to Pure Land

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

>