Recitation of Amitabha or Namo Amitabha

Recitation of Amitabha or Namo Amitabha

Postby LastLegend » Wed May 11, 2011 10:00 am

Reciting a Buddha's name such as Amitabha means the practitioner is no longer reciting thoughts are based on the three poisons of Greed, Anger, and Ignorance. Body does not participate in 1) Killing 2) Stealing 3) Sexual Misconduct. Mouth does not participate in 1) Lies (not limited to big lies such as you claim to be enlightened when you are not. You do this to gain fame and wealth and such. You will lead people to the realm of hells and you will also lead yourself to the realm of hells) 2) Sweet talks to seduce or trick people 3) Speech/talks to create conflict among people or groups 4) Speech/talks that make others feel hurt, uncomfortable, in short talks that will bring suffering to others.

Reciting a Buddha's name means reciting Dharma teachings, practicing Buddha's way (Dharma teachings), cultivating the Buddha's mind (which is is a pure mind), and all that is Buddha. Why? Because you no longer recite thoughts that are based on the 3 poisons. You no longer practice the way of the karma of body, speech, and mind. You no longer cultivate the karma of body, speech, and mind...you are now cultivating pure mind and not polluted mind by attachments.

Yes, you still have to recite Amitabha in your head or out loud. Employ methods that help you concentrate. All that said above is to help with practice of concentration. Reciting Amitabha is a method of practicing concentration. So reciting Amitabha is meditation.

And the foundation/base for all practices is Triple Jewels
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=4117
NAMO AMITABHA
NAM MO A DI DA PHAT (VIETNAMESE)
NAMO AMITUOFO (CHINESE)

Linjii
―Listen! Those of you who devote yourselves to the Dharma
must not be afraid of losing your bodies and your lives―
LastLegend

Re: Recitation of Amitabha or Namo Amitabha

Postby sinweiy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:44 am

Recitation of Namo Amitabha
• of respect and paying homage
• of gathering with other people
• of more for beginners

Recitation of Amitabha
• of already very close with Amitabha. don't have to so polite
• of reciting personally
• of people who are firm in reborning in PL
_/\_
Amituofo!

"Enlightenment is to turn around and see MY own mistake, Other's mistake is also my mistake. Others are right even if they are wrong. i'm wrong even if i'm right. " - Master Chin Kung
sinweiy

Re: Recitation of Amitabha or Namo Amitabha

Postby LastLegend » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:44 am

That is true.
NAMO AMITABHA
NAM MO A DI DA PHAT (VIETNAMESE)
NAMO AMITUOFO (CHINESE)

Linjii
―Listen! Those of you who devote yourselves to the Dharma
must not be afraid of losing your bodies and your lives―
LastLegend

Return to Pure Land