Halo During Amitabha Retreat

Seishin
Former staff member

Re: Halo During Amitabha Retreat

Postby Seishin » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:12 pm

True. But I can't help but wonder whether they would have said the same about a normal rainbow, or a rogue cloud, or any other natural phenomena. :shrug:

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Postby Johnny Dangerous » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:16 pm

"it must be coming from the mouthy mastermind of raunchy rapper, Johnny Dangerous”

-Jeff H.

sinweiy

Postby sinweiy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:58 am

found out that my younger brother also took a couple of photos, but don't see the "lotus" lens flare. case closed.
:smile:

ps: a normal rainbow is auspicious to me. as it can be the doing of devas paying a respect to dharma. but creating images in rocks/objects or some kind miracles could be the doing of spirits/preta wanting amusement.
like the recent event below:-
Hundreds turn up to see 'Virgin Mary' image in SDMC
http://my.news.yahoo.com/photos/hundred ... 51759.html
Last edited by sinweiy on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
_/\_
Amituofo!

"Enlightenment is to turn around and see MY own mistake, Other's mistake is also my mistake. Others are right even if they are wrong. i'm wrong even if i'm right. " - Master Chin Kung

Kaji

Postby Kaji » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:25 am

Nice photos of the circular rainbow, thanks sinweiy!
Namas triya-dhvikānāṃ sarva tathāgatānām!

Nosta

Postby Nosta » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:43 pm

Sinwei, one day (2 years ago perhaps) someone that was not Christian, from my town, died. I went to the funeral and tought to myself that dying without a place to go could be hard, so i tried to speak mentally with the deceased.

Of course that i didnt have a mean to know if he could "hear" my toughts, but i give it a try. Then, carefully and without to much words, i told him about Amitabha and the idea behind it. I told him that he could try to reborn there and then i said Namo Amitabha Buddha a few times.

It was not imediatly, but i remember seeing somewhere, during the funeral ceremony, a kind of rainbow in the clouds. Not a typical rainbow but more like this (see the pics in the link):

Of course that it could be just a pure coincidence, but we can also think that Amitabha has intervened in such a way that such rainbow could be created by natural phenomenon. The same applys for the rainbow in the retreat.

sinweiy

Postby sinweiy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:45 am

Amituofo.
(though i cannot say where a person without a religion would go when they die. karma from the past might surface and they might still be reborn in heaven. just like the sutra mentioning a cow died and reborn in heaven. ) but it's a good gesture. that's what there's these group of PL people do during "supportive recitation" for the dying. they tell them about Amitabha and PL and tell them to reborn there.
_/\_
Amituofo!

"Enlightenment is to turn around and see MY own mistake, Other's mistake is also my mistake. Others are right even if they are wrong. i'm wrong even if i'm right. " - Master Chin Kung

remm

Postby remm » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:00 pm

sinweiy

Postby sinweiy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:00 am

_/\_
Amituofo!

remm

Postby remm » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:34 am

sinweiy

Postby sinweiy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:05 am

_/\_
Amituofo!

remm

Postby remm » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Um... I think it's an image of the Virgin Mary on a window. What else should I infer about it? If I don't know the exact cause or event of it, I don't think I should disregard it immediately and say its fake. Who knows, could be a plethora of reasons as to why an image like that appeared.

Return to “Pure Land”