Jodo-E

Jodo-E

Postby rory » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:09 am

Today is Jodo-E the celebration of Shakyamuni's attaining Enlightenment; but as followers of the Lotus Sutra we should focus on Shakyamuni as the Eternal Buddha, he was always Enlightened and always will be, the human form is just an upaya. Shaka Butsu is at Eagle Peak discussing the sutra, when we practice enough and attain we'll hear it too....
gassho
Rory
Dharani of Amoghapasa Avalokitesvara:

Om amogha-padma-pasa-krodhakarsaya praveshaya maha-pashupati-yama-varuna-kuvera
brahma-vesa-dhara padma-kula-samayan hum hum

heart mantra: Om amogha vijaya hum phat
rory

Re: Jodo-E

Postby Masaru » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Happy Bodhi Day/Jodo-e a day late!

A certain man said to the priest Shungaku, "The Lotus Sutra Sect's character is not good because it's so fearsome." Shungaku replied, "It is by reason of its fearsome character that it is the Lotus Sutra Sect. If its character were not so, it would be a different sect altogether."
-- The Hagakure

Masaru

Postby Myoho-Nameless » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:37 pm

I honored Buddha by getting a christmas tree.
I seem to have been like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.

- Sir Isaac Newton
Myoho-Nameless

Postby Masaru » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:13 pm

Myoho-Nameless wrote:I honored Buddha by getting a christmas tree.

In SGI and Shoshu they put evergreens on each side of the Gohonzon to represent eternity of life. Just get another one and flank the Gohonzon with them and BLAM!

Instant Holiday crossover. :thumbsup:

Crass? Like a Jedi... :jedi:
A certain man said to the priest Shungaku, "The Lotus Sutra Sect's character is not good because it's so fearsome." Shungaku replied, "It is by reason of its fearsome character that it is the Lotus Sutra Sect. If its character were not so, it would be a different sect altogether."
-- The Hagakure

Masaru

Postby rory » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:37 am

Happy Bodhi Day back at you Masaru!! Hehe since the Budda is always at Eagle Peak, being a day late is no problem :twothumbsup:
:namaste:
Rory
Dharani of Amoghapasa Avalokitesvara:

Om amogha-padma-pasa-krodhakarsaya praveshaya maha-pashupati-yama-varuna-kuvera
brahma-vesa-dhara padma-kula-samayan hum hum

heart mantra: Om amogha vijaya hum phat
rory

Postby Myoho-Nameless » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:54 am

Masaru wrote:
Myoho-Nameless wrote:I honored Buddha by getting a christmas tree.

In SGI and Shoshu they put evergreens on each side of the Gohonzon to represent eternity of life. Just get another one and flank the Gohonzon with them and BLAM!

Instant Holiday crossover. :thumbsup:

Crass? Like a Jedi... :jedi:

I am SO doing that...also Indians often deck their shrines with "Christmas" lights and other gay apparel.
I seem to have been like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.

- Sir Isaac Newton
Myoho-Nameless

Return to Nichiren