Four Noble Truths in Nichiren Buddhism?

illarraza

Re: Four Noble Truths in Nichiren Buddhism?

Post by illarraza »

The Eighfold Path and its true implication in light of the Lotus Sutra:

Right View: Viewing the Lotus Sutra as the quintessence of the Buddha's teachings.

Right Thought: "By what shall I cause the masses of beings
To be able to enter the Supreme Way And rapidly achieve Buddhahood."(Lotus Sutra Chapter 16).

Right Speech: Telling everyone to chant Namu Myoho renge kyo.

Right Action: Action to spread the teachings of the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren Daishonin.

Right Living: Not begrudging one's life in order to spread the teachings of the Lotus Sutra.

Right Endeavor: Endeavor to attain Buddhahood and exhorting the masses of beings to do the same.

Right Memory: Memory that we are the original disciples of Shakyamuni Buddha of the 16th Chapter of the Lotus Sutra since the infinite past.

Right Meditation: Chanting Namu Myoho renge kyo.

illarraza
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

dsaly,
I don't know what happened to your last post - I had tried to respond yesterday but both your post and mine disappeared.
Whatever the case - thank you for sharing your experience with your children.
Q
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Queequeg wrote:dsaly,
I don't know what happened to your last post - I had tried to respond yesterday but both your post and mine disappeared.
Whatever the case - thank you for sharing your experience with your children.
Q
I split the thread, but I did it incorrectly. I forgot to give the URL for the new conversation. Here you go:

http://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... ead#unread" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My apologies.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

:) Thanks, Jikan.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,

Return to “Nichiren”