Buddhist Society for Compassionate Action

Forum for discussion of East Asian Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Khalil Bodhi

Buddhist Society for Compassionate Action

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Hi Everyone,

Don't normally post here but I have a question for any of you who might know. I've been looking into chaplaincy here in NYC and it appears that all of the groups that do so are Zen or Seon. Has any heard of Samu Sunim's Buddhist Society for Compassionate Action? I am interested in this group and am considering joining it in some capacity (either as a Dharma Guardian or priest) in order to pursue chaplaincy and spiritual counseling but would like to know more. Metta.
Looking for a true, virtual community to support your practice? Visit http://dharmapaths.com/
Nicholas Weeks

Re: Buddhist Society for Compassionate Wisdom

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Khalil Bodhi wrote:Hi Everyone,

Don't normally post here but I have a question for any of you who might know. I've been looking into chaplaincy here in NYC and it appears that all of the groups that do so are Zen or Seon. Has any heard of Samu Sunim's Buddhist Society for Compassionate Action? I am interested in this group and am considering joining it in some capacity (either as a Dharma Guardian or priest) in order to pursue chaplaincy and spiritual counseling but would like to know more. Metta.
Buddhist Society for Compassionate Wisdom is the name. Why not visit the place? You can get a better idea with personal contact.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.

Return to “East Asian Buddhism”