Dechan Jueren and Hanmi Buddhism

Forum for discussion of East Asian Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Dechan Jueren and Hanmi Buddhism

Post by Grigoris »

Well, that is a minor problem, I must say. Have they found his tulku yet or did he manage to pull off a rainbow body (being a living Buddha and all)?
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
BuddhasNoDieCancer

Post by BuddhasNoDieCancer »

"Another problem is that he is dead, passed away in 2011."

YES! Metastatic renal cancer! he ruined a ton of his disciples lives and manifested cancer in his kidneys. I'm really sorry for him, however he promoted ethical killing, Dechan Jueren entittled and empowered his disciples to be claimants of the only lineage where killing is allowed. Even to this day his disciples bicker over this, not over it's validity, yet over the sheer lawlessness they cultivate. *spits*

I challenge anyone who reads this to try and contact a disciple, and ask them these hard hitting questions. Believe me, after many interviews with the Hanmi, and cross referencing my research with other lineages, i'm disgusted by this cult-ish attitude and perversion on Lord Shakyamuni's stainless BuddhaDharma.
--
I'd like to append something here...when i told the Hanmi that I was researching this b/c of my friend who messed up his life from this cult's teachings, and that I had contacted other lineages, most of the Hanmi always has this to say, i'm paraphrasing here: "why are you communicating with them? They don't have Dharma."
--
"They don't have Dharma?" Are you referring to the union of mantra, mudra, and visualization? and that is has to be transmitted by Dechan Juren, as he's the only Mahavairocana Dharma King? Well, I have late breaking news for anyone who reads this...there's another Mahavairocana Dharma King, and his name isn't Dechan Jueren. Furthermore, there are other Buddhas here, even Dechan Juren names off a few he claims to know personally, and they too can transmit BuddhaDharma.
Last edited by BuddhasNoDieCancer on Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BuddhasNoDieCancer

Post by BuddhasNoDieCancer »

Sherab Dorje wrote:Well, that is a minor problem, I must say. Have they found his tulku yet or did he manage to pull off a rainbow body (being a living Buddha and all)?
The views are sporadic at least on this one, some say he faked his death to subvert certain conditions, some say he won't be back until another 40 years (according to the epithet posted on the dari-rulai-temple.org website), and some say that there are search parties looking for his reincarnation as I type this...
--
Furthermore, there were no sharira's found from "Living Buddha" Dechan Jueren, supposedly there was an incident involving the police, his son prematurely taking his body to the morgue over a dispute in regards to Dechan Jueren's last will and testament, and other such nonscence that supposedly inhibited the conditions for a "ritualistic cremation" and the proper conditions for any sharira, how convenient...
Snovid

Hanmi Buddhism

Post by Snovid »

http://vajra-acharya-zhiwu.blogspot.com

Mystic Traditional School Hanmi
http://hanmibuddhism.blogspot.com

It is a school that has a very practical approach to life, strengthen and support of the students , so that they have the longest life as well as favorable conditions for training , to the deepest work in the knowledge of their true nature , personal development , training and life everyday .
This tradition has remained hidden for over 1,300 years and Dechan Jueren MahaVairocana Dharma King , was the first teacher who got a recommendation from his master prevalence Line among all interested persons regardless of social origin , nationality , color, age and other criteria.
Forwarded to him information about the advent of the times in which it is more and more diseases for which there is and there will be drugs , medicine and in their face will be completely helpless.
Mystical School Hanmi has the very effective techniques and healing properties , and therefore has been disclosed in order to strengthen as many people enabling them to live longer , and the implementation of projects , work , improve their quality of life and reduce the global amount of suffering with which we are dealing in all our lives . Maha Sangh'i .

Very practical application has, in particular , in supporting students of any tradition and techniques , training schools , affecting a supporting , strengthening the indigenous practice of practitioners , trainers, and individual mystics in their own way to know ...

Very interesting :reading:
I need more informations
I am from Poland I use google translator I do not know English
treehuggingoctopus

Re: Hanmi Buddhism

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

"True wisdom comes from the connection to the divine and nature."

Buddhist these guys are not.

Do steer away from them. For all I know, it's a cult.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
matthewmartin

Post by matthewmartin »

This is part of the revival of esoteric (vajrayana) Chinese Buddhism.

I can't speak to how cultish or non-cultish it is, but it is a recognizable form of mantrayana/vajrayana Buddhism.

Esoteric Buddhism got squashed twice-- once by Tang Wuzong, which pretty much extinguished esoteric Buddhism in ancient China, and again during the communist era. Shingon in Japan is still alive (having got esoteric Buddhism from China) & some modern Chinese esoteric Buddhist resumed the lineage from there.

ref: http://www.esotericschool.net/hanmi-buddhism.html <-- Has picture of the same guy
ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tangmi <-- Wikipedia's article on esoteric Chinese Buddhism
eijo

Post by eijo »

Indrajala wrote:
Astus wrote:It doesn't take much to make up a lineage. One can also just say that it was a transmission from one of the buddhas, bodhisattvas or vajrasattvas.
Right, but in the case of Vajrayana you need, generally speaking, a master to disciple transmission. This is how it works in Shingon which is the extant representative of East Asian Vajrayana.

If this group could at least document their lineage and provide names of people who we could verify as actually having existed and practised at least some kind of Buddhism, it would lend credibility to their claims, though still not prove it.

I'm sceptical about a secret transmission of Vajrayana that supposedly lasted over 1000 years unknown. I've never heard or read any reference at all to such a group. That doesn't disprove its existence, but then the onus is on them to provide the proof.
Exactly. Such a secret transmission of a millenium or more is basically fantasy and smokescreen. Specifically, certain unique characteristics of Tang esoteric Buddhism (pre-Shingon) are missing. And of course the transmission lineage is unknown. Short of some proof at least, there is no reason to accept what they say.
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

Nah, it's not sympathy but a good example when the focus is on legitimacy instead of authenticity...
How would you characterize the difference between legitimacy and authenticity?
...on lineage instead of doctrine.
Well, at least the distinction between lineage and doctrine is clear.
There is a lesson to learn here for Western Buddhism.
How would you characterize that lesson?
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Schrödinger’s Yidam

I'm sceptical about a secret transmission of Vajrayana that supposedly lasted over 1000 years unknown. I've never heard or read any reference at all to such a group. That doesn't disprove its existence, but then the onus is on them to provide the proof.
Well…ya do know that historically all Vajrayana appears in India almost 1,000 years after Sakyamuni, and they claim legitimacy by tracing a secret transmission back to him. I consider the Vajrayana legitimate, and that justification a bit of a stretch. I just think that the reason for the legitimacy is different than Sakyamuni historically teaching the Vajrayana secretly. So what they are claiming isn't so different, but still a dubious proposition.

But it is very suspect for a lineage to 'pop up' in the 1980s when Tibetan Vajrayana was just getting its first major attention here in the wealthy West. Specifically it seems to have been a copy-cat of the Karmapa's Vajra Crown ceremonies.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Snovid

Post by Snovid »

In fact
I also do not consider myself to be a Buddhist :)
I adore Dzogchen and Bon because of shamanism
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Snowid wrote: In fact
That's good to know. Well, have at it then!
Snovid

Post by Snovid »

I dont understand :tongue:
I do not like misunderstandings so I explain what I mean.

I dont know whether I am or I am not a Buddhist
I have no need to be pigeonholed :)

I just try to practice Dzogchen,I do not feel the need to shave my head and wear robes of a monk.

Żmij/Naga Tree ;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_dragon

I have hair down to my knees :D so
if the practice of Dzogchen means being a Buddhist is ok
if not, ok :)

I Like Bon due to influence of shamanism
I read about Dzogchen and Mahamudra,tantra.Sutras... I'm not interested :D

I do not think that shamanism was better than Buddhism
or Buddhism better than shamanism

I find the common elements and on that I'm focus.

PS.But of course I am not associated with the New Age/Judeochristian tradition.
I am associated with pre-Christian indigenous tradition.
http://www.rodzimawiara.pl/
Last edited by Seishin on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Photos removed by request of the poster
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Snovid wrote:
In fact
Shamanism and Dzogchen have nothing to do with each other.
Snovid

Post by Snovid »

I know :) I say: 'and Bon because of shamanism',I dont say Dzogchen because of shamanism ;)
...but I have a relationship with Dzogchen and shamanism any way :rolling:
Schrödinger’s Yidam

I have hair down to my knees :D so
if the practice of Dzogchen means being a Buddhist is ok
if not, ok :)

PS.But of course I am not associated with the New Age/Judeochristian tradition.
I am associated with pre-Christian indigenous tradition.
You're a hippie? Ok, well that's clear now. :thumbsup:
Last edited by Schrödinger’s Yidam on Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
reddust

Post by reddust »

smcj wrote:
I have hair down to my knees :D so.
You're a hippie? Ok, well that's clear now. :thumbsup:
OMG what beautiful hair! :namaste:
Mind and mental events are concepts, mere postulations within the three realms of samsara Longchenpa .... A link to my Garden, Art and Foodie blog Scratch Living

Return to “East Asian Buddhism”