Blessed Bodhi Day

Blessed Bodhi Day

Postby plwk » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:07 am

Today, 8th Jan 2014, 8th Day/12th Lunar Month, the Chinese Mahayana world commemorates the Buddha's Enlightenment

Texts: Abhiniskrama Sutra: Abhisambodhi Buddha Carita: XIV Maha-Saccaka Sutta Itivuttaka #112

Also: Là Bā Festival 1 2
plwk

Re: Blessed Bodhi Day

Postby plwk » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:41 am

phpBB [video]
phpBB [video]

Chant to Sakyamuni Buddha:
南無本師釋迦牟尼佛 nán wú běn shī shì jiā móu ní fó Homage to Original (Fundamental) Teacher Sakyamuni Buddha
plwk

Re: Blessed Bodhi Day

Postby plwk » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:25 pm

“Shariputra, what is meant by ‘All Buddhas, World Honored Ones, appear in the world only because of the causes and conditions of the one great matter?’
The Buddhas, the World Honored Ones, appear in the world because they wish to lead living beings to open the knowledge and vision of the Buddhas and gain purity.
They appear in the world because they wish to demonstrate to all living beings the knowledge and vision of the Buddhas.
They appear in the world because they wish to lead living beings to awaken to the knowledge and vision of the Buddhas.
They appear in the world because they wish to lead living beings to enter into the Path of the knowledge and vision of the Buddhas.”

For the sake of these beings,
I give rise to the great compassion heart.
When first I sat in the Bodhimanda,
In contemplation, or walking about the tree,
For a full three times seven days,
I thought over matters such as these:
The wisdom which I have obtained,
Is subtle, wonderful, and foremost,
But living beings are dull-rooted,
Attached to pleasure, blinded by delusion;
Beings such as these,
How can they possibly be saved?

Expedient Devices

Today, 27th Jan 2015, 8th Day/12th Lunar Month, Upavasatha Day, the Chinese Mahayana world commemorates the Buddha's Enlightenment
plwk

Return to East Asian Buddhism