Dagchen Rinpoche & Other Lamas

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Dagchen Rinpoche & Other Lamas

Postby Karma Jinpa » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:41 am

As I understand it, HH Jigdral Dagchen Rinpoche is good friends with two of my main gurus, Khenpo Karthar Rinpoche and Kyabjé Garchen Rinpoche. I was wondering if anyone could give some anecdotes about their relationship.

Dagchen Rinpoche said some kind words in Khen Rinpoche's biography, Amrita of Eloquence, and he's been a great patron of the Drikungpas in Seattle by allowing them to host Gar Rinpoche at the Sakya temple on numerous occasions. Beyond knowing these things, however, I have no info.

Does anyone have stories about the bond they share? I'd be delighted to hear them. :popcorn:
"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, it happens that a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་རཱ་ག་ཨ་སྱ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།
ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

:namaste:
Karma Jinpa

Re: Dagchen Rinpoche & Other Lamas

Postby supermaxv » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:34 pm

I believe Venerable Tulku Yeshi, one of the resident monks at Sakya Monastery who I see and work with on a regular basis wrote H.H. Dagchen Rinpoche's (as of now still untranslated) biography a few years ago. I will ask him the next time I see him if he can recall / share any anecdotes.
supermaxv

Postby Karma Jinpa » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:29 am

:thanks:
"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, it happens that a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

Karma Jinpa

Postby Karma Jinpa » Sun May 18, 2014 1:22 am

supermaxv,

Did you get any traction with talking to Tulku Yeshi and getting stories of HH Dagchen Sakya out of him?

ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

Karma Jinpa

Postby supermaxv » Mon May 19, 2014 5:00 am

Karma Jinpa wrote:supermaxv,

Did you get any traction with talking to Tulku Yeshi and getting stories of HH Dagchen Sakya out of him?

Sorry, I haven't been around the monastery lately (I blame samsara!). I'll let you know next time I am able to ask.
supermaxv

Return to Sakya