Kurukulle

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Kurukulle

Postby namoh » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:47 am

does anyone know anything about the tradition of Kurukulle that comes through Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo? ie it's origins, is it from terma or from an earlier Sakya source?
Much thanks.
namoh

Re: Kurukulle

Postby heart » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:39 am

namoh wrote:does anyone know anything about the tradition of Kurukulle that comes through Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo? ie it's origins, is it from terma or from an earlier Sakya source?
Much thanks.

I think there are several. But I did receive a Kurukulle or Lotus dakini that was a terma by Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby namoh » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:01 am

Interesting, and thank you. Is it connected in any way to Chokgyur Lingpa's Padma Dakini/Kurukulle? Pardon an ignorant question.
namoh

Postby heart » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:14 am

namoh wrote:Interesting, and thank you. Is it connected in any way to Chokgyur Lingpa's Padma Dakini/Kurukulle? Pardon an ignorant question.

Not in any obvious way except that the deity is exactly the same. Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo has written a lot of sadhana's and commentaries to the Chokling Tersar so he might have written something about the Lotus Dakini also.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby Lhug-Pa » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:29 pm

It's been a while since I've read this so I don't know if it helps to answer your question directly, but it's a very good teaching:

http://vajranatha.com/teaching/Kurukulla.htm
Lhug-Pa

Postby namoh » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Thanks both. I just find myself woefully ignorant of Khyentse Wangpo's termas.
namoh

Postby heart » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:37 am

namoh wrote:Thanks both. I just find myself woefully ignorant of Khyentse Wangpo's termas.

http://rywiki.tsadra.org/index.php/Jamy ... tse_Wangpo

/magnus
- Longchenpa
heart

Return to Sakya