Chenrezig Practice Help

AdmiralJim

Chenrezig Practice Help

Post by AdmiralJim »

I recently bought a Chenrezig practice DVD from Samye Ling Monastery and I have worked my way through the tuition part of the DVD. There is also a bonus track which is the whole puja, much to my bemusement the bonus puja either has an extra added prayer or I cannot figure out which insert it is - it is quite frustrating as I can follow the whole thing apart from 22.44-25.40 minutes ( the dedication prayer for rebirth in dewachen ). I get too - toolpay drowa dren para sho - then it just falls apart from there until I get to - palden lamey shap pay ten pa tang. grrrrrrrrrrrr can anyone help?
I don't know where we are going but it will be nice when we get there
Karma Sherab

Re: Chenrezig Practice Help

Post by Karma Sherab »

Hi Admiral,

"In all my births may I not be separated from the perfect Guru,

And so enjoy the splendour of the Dharma

Perfecting the stages of the paths and Bhumis,

May I speedily atain the stage of Vajradhara"

This is my memory of the Nalanda translation commitee translation of that prayer to English. Hope that helps. :smile:

LKSP
One kind word can warm three winter months
Japanese Proverb
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Right before "Palden Lamay Shab Pay Ten Pa Dang,..." which is the general prayer for long life of the Lama, there will be a variety of specific long life prayers for various masters. These change, are amended, removed, etc., at centers--for example, when a teacher passes, the prayer may be amended or a line changed, or possibly a new prayer for "Swift Rebirth" may be substituted in,........so it's possible that there are long life prayers included in the bonus track, but not in your text, or vice versa.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Download wavepad from here http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (free audio editing software), it's virus free and easy to use. Open the audio track in wavepad, cut out the bits you don't want/know and burn it as a new cd.

If you want, I was asked by some vajra bros and sis of mine last year (at a Chenrezig tri lung retreat), to make an audio track of the melody for the basic practice (ie without any of the add-ons like long life prayers etc...). Now if you can handle some off pitch singing by yours truly, not completely awful but bad enough :tongue: , I can send you the dropbox link for you to download the file.
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
AdmiralJim

Post by AdmiralJim »

thanks for your help guys, greg I will take you up on your offer if you don't mind.....cheers
I don't know where we are going but it will be nice when we get there
Dhondrub

Post by Dhondrub »

Here you find the Puja sung by the Lord of Refuge Tenga Rinpoche

http://www.benchen.org.pl/Pudza%20Czenr ... 202000.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://buddyzm.eu/index.php?option=com_ ... 20&lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Kagyu”