YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Holidays - Dhamma Wheel

Holidays

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
erniefernandez

Holidays

Postby erniefernandez » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:17 am

I am sure this is somewhere on the forums, but I have been unable to find it:

Is there a 2010 calendar of holidays? I imagine this would probably be nation-specific (Sri Lankan, Thai, Burmese...).

I have recently begun observing the Uposatha and would like to know when the holidays are coming. ATI offers this article on the Uposatha Observance ( http://www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dham ... satha.html ) that lists some major holidays and recommends readings for some. If anyone would like to point me to recommended readings, that'd also be good. I generally like to read the account of any given observance's beginning, even when I observe Mahayana holidays with friends.

I would be very grateful for this information.

Metta!

NOte: I never use smileys, so I'm going to get it out of my system now -> :buddha1: :pig: :meditate: :rules: :coffee: :juggling: :toilet: :zzz: :jedi:

beeblebrox

Re: Holidays

Postby beeblebrox » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi Ernie, is this what you're looking for? --> . Someone linked to it , in the forum's Suggestion Box. Also you can find a printable .pdf file, and a discussion about the calendar.

With Metta

Return to “General Theravāda discussion”