Dharmakirti College

Dharmaswede

Dharmakirti College

Post by Dharmaswede »

Does anyone know anything about Dharmakirti College?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jens
Tarpa

Re: Dharmakirti College

Post by Tarpa »

I've never been there yet but looks a great center and a school for Buddhist studies, It's a Drikung Kagyu center but ri-me so they have teachings and teachers passing through from all 4 lineages, lots of mahamudra and dzogchen teachings. Affiliated with Drikung Namgyal Ling in Tuscon and Garchen center in Chino Valley ( all 3 are Drikung Kagyu ). Phoenix is a good place to be for Drikungpas we have 2 centers 2 hours east and Garchen center 2 hours north. All are very active centers, plenty of empowerments and teachings and great teachers. I know Garchen Rinpoche and Traga Rinpoche occasionally give teachings in Tucson. :smile:
The nonexistence of the transcendence of suffering
is what the protector of the world has taught as the transcendence
of suffering.
Knots tied on space
are untied by space itself.

May I never be seperated from perfect masters in all lives,
and delightfully experiencing the magnificent dharma,
completing all qualities of the stages of the paths
may I quickly attain the state of Vajradhara
threebit3

Post by threebit3 »

Here is a link to Dharmakirti college.
http://dharmakirti.org/tch_upcoming_teachings.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ROW ROW ROW YOUR BOAT
spanda

Post by spanda »

I wonder if anyone from here had direct contact with the teachings from this college. I think my question is: is this for "real"? They offer authentic teachings, or it's some kind of ARO lineage?
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

IMO, they are for real. I went down there a couple of years ago to receive Rig-pai Sal Wang and the Cho Ying Dzod from Khenchen Paljepa Dorje. As a bonus, I received Khenpo Jig-phung's Two-armed Vajrakilaya. Everything I perceived and received was on the up and up as far as I'm concerned. Lovely, sincere people and authentic lineages. I recently did the accomplishment of the Vajrakilaya sadhana and definitely got some ngo-drub. So for me, the proof is in the pudding. So, if you feel drawn to studying with these people, go for it. I'd love to be at the upcoming Guhygarbha wangs and teachings but I'll be in retreat elsewhere.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
mahabuddha

Post by mahabuddha »

Dharmakirti College is definitely real and a credible lineage of the Drikung Kagyu tradition.
Dharmaswede

Post by Dharmaswede »

Thank you all for your replies. I appreciate them.

Best Regards,

Jens
KoolAid900

Post by KoolAid900 »

Does anybody know who designed the cirriculum, what its based on, and who the class instructors are? How credible is a degree from here in the American Buddhist community? Thanks!

Return to “Kagyu”