Question about dharmaprotectress Achi Chokyi Drolma

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Question about dharmaprotectress Achi Chokyi Drolma

Postby Luke » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:04 pm

If that doesn't work, you could also email the Drikung Kagyu Institute and see what they think:
http://www.drikung.org/index.php?option ... Itemid=401

I was having trouble getting parts of their website to load so here is their email address:

info.drikung@gmail.com
Luke

Postby Pathom Chan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi
i am amazed and confused within Achi Chokyi Drolma Practice, there are different practice such as
a) The meditation of Achi Chokyi Drolma
b) Achi Chokyi Drolma Torma & Smoke Offering Practice
c) The unelaborated, easy to implement Sadhana of the Sole Mother Chokyi Drolma, Lady of Nanam
2-Even the text are different between the three practice
3-Hopefully knowledgeable ones, please enlighten me on the difference and the application
Best Regards
Pathom Chan
Pathom Chan

Postby adinatha » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:58 pm

There are different pujas and offering of torma and tsok, etc., generally for all dharma protectors. Achi is generally practiced like a deity yoga first, then you visualize Achi in front of you surrounded by her retinue of protectors and request her activities of protection, etc. Achi is the Drikung Kagyu dharma protector. She was Lord Jigten Sumgon's great grandmother, and was an emanation of Vajrayogini. There are other secret practices of Achi connected with getting rich or other specific powers. Achi practice is very serious business. If you have an opportunity to practice Achi, take it seriously and practice with love and devotion to her. You will probably quickly recognize her to be your main deity, guru, yogini, friend, all in one. She is very special. Very very special.
CAW!
adinatha

Postby udawa » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:49 pm

adinatha wrote:. She was Lord Jigten Sumgon's great grandmother, and was an emanation of Vajrayogini.

Could you say more about that?
Edwards: You are a philosopher. Dr Johnson: I have tried too in my time to be a philosopher; but, I don't know how, cheerfulness was always breaking in.
udawa

Postby adinatha » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:01 pm

udawa wrote:
adinatha wrote:. She was Lord Jigten Sumgon's great grandmother, and was an emanation of Vajrayogini.

Could you say more about that?

I believe the story is on the internet. You can google that.
CAW!
adinatha

Postby udyan » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:53 pm

Just want to add, from what I understand Achi is both a protector and an enlightened being, where one can take her as a main deity to practice and achieve enlightenment She is an emanation of Tara, when she was born she said, "Om Tare Soha" - thus she was called Drolma. Because she taught dharma to people she was called Chokyi Drolma. As she is grandmother of Lord Jigten Sumgon she is called Achi.
udyan

Postby adinatha » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:37 am

udyan wrote:Just want to add, from what I understand Achi is both a protector and an enlightened being, where one can take her as a main deity to practice and achieve enlightenment She is an emanation of Tara, when she was born she said, "Om Tare Soha" - thus she was called Drolma. Because she taught dharma to people she was called Chokyi Drolma. As she is grandmother of Lord Jigten Sumgon she is called Achi.

Emanation of Vajrayogini.
CAW!
adinatha

Postby udyan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:12 am

adinatha wrote:
udyan wrote:Just want to add, from what I understand Achi is both a protector and an enlightened being, where one can take her as a main deity to practice and achieve enlightenment She is an emanation of Tara, when she was born she said, "Om Tare Soha" - thus she was called Drolma. Because she taught dharma to people she was called Chokyi Drolma. As she is grandmother of Lord Jigten Sumgon she is called Achi.

Emanation of Vajrayogini.

Achi manifests differently. I believe our answers are both correct (Maybe more sources describe Achi being an emanation primary of Vajroyogini). From what I heard, Achi is embodiment of 3 kayas. Dharmakaya -Prajnaparamita, Sambhogakaya - Vajroyogini, Nirmanakaya - Tara.
udyan

Postby mad 3gem jewel » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:44 pm

Achi Chokyi Drolma is a buddha/bodhisattva/yidam/dharmapala.
She is mother of all buddhas.
She is grandmother tara of all taras.
She is a supreme emanation of dakini.
She is a supreme emanation of vajrayogini/vajravarahi.
She is the only protector with halo of fire AND smoke an indication of her supreme status.
OM
AH
HUNG
Jai guru ma!
:buddha1:
mad 3gem jewel

Postby mad 3gem jewel » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:58 pm

Also if you are at all worried about cannibalism, do not eat any Tibetan blessing pills or rinchen! It likely has pieces of a buddha's body! :lol: Hahahahahahaha!
mad 3gem jewel

Postby adinatha » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:47 am

Achi is very special.
CAW!
adinatha

Postby mad 3gem jewel » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:28 am

Yeah Adinatha as you said earlier very very special!!
I am so surprised she has so little fame compared to the other protectors and so little is written about her. I thought her great grandson Jigten Sumgon had given the biggest dharma teachings ever in Tibet with over 100,000 enlightened disciples at one time.
What happened?
She needs to come back down here on her high blue water horse and at least leave her celestial body for us to have some relics AND blessing rinchen pills hahahahaha!
I am convinced that she was really an alien and not human and that is why she took her body and left in the sky before she was old. I was told by a respected rinpoche that even highly advanced aliens not from earth are of human realm in buddhist cosmology not gods.
I painted her and her great grandson and was not told to burn it by rinpoche like my other attempts at Tibetan art hahaha! Message me and I will gladly send anyone a copy if they treat it with respect.
:heart:
mad 3gem jewel

Postby gnegirl » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:37 pm

"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
gnegirl

Postby Malcolm » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:31 pm

mad 3gem jewel wrote:I am so surprised she has so little fame

Achi is very Drigung specific. If you are not a dyed in the wool Drigiungpa, there is little need to practice Achi.

N
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
Malcolm

Postby gnegirl » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:27 pm

I'm not a Drikung, but I'll admit I'm intrigued by Achi Chokyi Drolma....
"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
gnegirl

Postby adinatha » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:55 pm

mad 3gem jewel wrote:Yeah Adinatha as you said earlier very very special!!
I am so surprised she has so little fame compared to the other protectors and so little is written about her. I thought her great grandson Jigten Sumgon had given the biggest dharma teachings ever in Tibet with over 100,000 enlightened disciples at one time.
What happened?

What do you mean what happened? Those who practice Achi know her power. There's no need to advertise. Devotees feel great friendship and loving relationship with Achi. Bragging about the results sullies the relationship.

She needs to come back down here on her high blue water horse and at least leave her celestial body for us to have some relics AND blessing rinchen pills hahahahaha!

Achi blessings are usually very instant. One easily becomes very convinced of her power.

I am convinced that she was really an alien and not human and that is why she took her body and left in the sky before she was old. I was told by a respected rinpoche that even highly advanced aliens not from earth are of human realm in buddhist cosmology not gods.

Cute. She is an emanation of Vajra Dakini, thus the embodiment of the Dharmakaya not an alien planet. Buddhists already acknowledge there are sentient beings throughout space. But all these beings are samsaric and not dharmakaya emanations. You should try to understand the difference.
CAW!
adinatha

Postby adinatha » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:03 pm

gnegirl wrote:I'm not a Drikung, but I'll admit I'm intrigued by Achi Chokyi Drolma....

Achi is a very appealing deity practice for female practitioners, because she has a very grandmotherly quality of good sense and wisdom and also (once one gets into the practice) like a very youthful and beautiful best friend who shows you the most beautiful things. There aren't too many female nirmanakayas in Buddhist history, so ladies can easily feel pride with this practice. It's wonderful.
CAW!
adinatha

Postby adinatha » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:05 pm

Namdrol wrote:

Achi is very Drigung specific. If you are not a dyed in the wool Drigiungpa, there is little need to practice Achi.

N

If you are not a dyed in the wool buddhist, there's little need to practice dharma. If you are not a dyed in the wool dzogchenpa, there's little need to practice dzogchen. If someone feels a connection to a practice, there's little need to discourage it.
CAW!
adinatha

Postby mad 3gem jewel » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:58 pm

I heard that there were buku drikung practitioners spread out in retreat a 1000 years ago!
Most likely that if Achi appeals to you now she appealed to you back then in a past life and were drikung.

Maybe the clinging of loyalty to a specific other lineage has made one able to resist her.

I understand what you say Adinatha but I still think her nirmanakaya was a human-like alien form. Her blue water horse was probably really a ship with all the smoke and fire.
She did not die and turn into a rainbow body,
she just left a sadhana and a promise and flew off!
How many other masters did this? :rolleye:
Only other I know of is Padmasambhava doing same kind of thing.
Even Nagarjuna died eventually.
Achi's parents were barren and prayed for a very long time and aliens are well known telepathics.
But yeah I am still looking for more personal proof one way or the other.
And will never get it from the Tibetan myths.
No writings direct from Padmasambhava. All we know written attributed to him is from tertons!!!
I need some working faith and it usually does not come from samsaric tulku tertons hahahaha!
But I digress as usual.
mad 3gem jewel

Postby Malcolm » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:19 pm

adinatha wrote:
Namdrol wrote:

N

If you are not a dyed in the wool buddhist, there's little need to practice dharma. If you are not a dyed in the wool dzogchenpa, there's little need to practice dzogchen. If someone feels a connection to a practice, there's little need to discourage it.

It's a littel more sensative with dharmapalas.

N
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
Malcolm

PreviousNext

Return to Kagyu