Kagyu Monlam Chenmo

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Kagyu Monlam Chenmo

Postby conebeckham » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:07 am

http://www.kagyumonlam.org/Webcast/live_webcast.html

Live webcast. Karmapa danced, I don't know if he'll dance again, but his is pretty great.
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Re: Kagyu Monlam Chenmo

Postby practitioner » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:25 am

Thank you!
Karmapa Chenno!
One should do nothing other than benefit sentient beings either directly or indirectly - Shantideva
practitioner

Postby T. Chokyi » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:02 am

BUMP!
T. Chokyi

Postby T. Chokyi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:01 am

conebeckham wrote:http://www.kagyumonlam.org/Webcast/live_webcast.html

Live webcast. Karmapa danced, I don't know if he'll dance again, but his is pretty great.

What makes this really enjoyable is the ability to listen to the umdze and the monks etc through the upper window on the player, and if you click the English below, you can then adjust the English to just blend over the Tibetan... this is really
amazing, been watching off and on since you put this link here, thanxs for the link, got to see the Great Gingchen Dance the other night which featured both monks and nuns doing the ritual dance at the same time (historical), got to hear HH Karmapa teach live, and have enjoyed other parts of this on and off for many hours. The fact this is live streaming from India and does not cut in and out very much at all is pretty amazing.

Wonderful stuff, thanx again Cone for linking folks up with this Monlam.

:thumbsup:
T. Chokyi

Postby WuMing » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:58 pm

Gyaltsab Rinpoche and Jamgon Rinpoche did attend the Monlam, too. Does anybody know why Situ Rinpoche did not attend the Monlam? He is rarely seen together with them.

今以佛眼觀之佛與眾生同住解脫之床。無此無彼無二平等。
Now, observing with the eye of the Buddha, both the Buddha and ordinary beings are in the same liberated state. There is neither this nor that: there is only non-duality and identity.
- 空海 Kūkai 弘法大師 in Unjigi 吽字義 The Meaning of the Letter Hūṃ
new translation: Kūkai on the Philosophy of Language by Takagi Shingen and Dreitlein Eijō
_______
Our life is very simple, very direct, very beautiful, very vast and very terrifying, but it is not at all convenient.
- Anzan Hoshin Roshi
WuMing

Postby conebeckham » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Wu Ming-
It's political. Let's just leave it at that, shall we? That's a can of worms that we shouldn't open.

Last night's ceremony was interesting--the monks who were wearing masks and various colored robes--that was a first. I'm trying to get more info about that.......will let you all know what I find out.
conebeckham

Postby WuMing » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:10 pm

conebeckham wrote:Wu Ming-
It's political. Let's just leave it at that, shall we? That's a can of worms that we shouldn't open.

OK, no problem. I just wondered.

conebeckham wrote:Last night's ceremony was interesting--the monks who were wearing masks and various colored robes--that was a first. I'm trying to get more info about that.......will let you all know what I find out.

That would certainly be great. Looking forward to learn more about it.
今以佛眼觀之佛與眾生同住解脫之床。無此無彼無二平等。
Now, observing with the eye of the Buddha, both the Buddha and ordinary beings are in the same liberated state. There is neither this nor that: there is only non-duality and identity.
- 空海 Kūkai 弘法大師 in Unjigi 吽字義 The Meaning of the Letter Hūṃ
new translation: Kūkai on the Philosophy of Language by Takagi Shingen and Dreitlein Eijō
_______
Our life is very simple, very direct, very beautiful, very vast and very terrifying, but it is not at all convenient.
- Anzan Hoshin Roshi
WuMing

Postby conebeckham » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:31 am

Looks like today is the day dedicated to those who have passed....they're doing prayers for Karma Chagme Rinpoche and Akong Rinpoche....
conebeckham

Return to Kagyu