Kham video, Karma Kagyu oriented.

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Kham video, Karma Kagyu oriented.

Postby smcj » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:36 pm

I found this link on another thread, but thought it should be posted in the Kagyu specific forum as well. It starts out in Derge and the Sakyapas there, then gets into some Borom Kagyu places and lamas. But the bulk of the video is about the Karma Kagyu places and living lamas (as of 2010) in Kham. For Karma Kagyu students it's a gem.

Have fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK8VuLYnzYA
A human being has his limits. And thus, in every conceivable way, with every possible means, he tries to make the teaching enter into his own limits. ChNN
smcj

Re: Kham video, Karma Kagyu oriented.

Postby justsit » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:28 am

Excellent! Perfect way to begin the new year.
Many thanks for posting.

E ma ho!
:bow:
justsit

Postby conebeckham » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:54 pm

Where's my "Like" button?

Happy New Year....
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Postby tellyontellyon » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:14 pm

Great video, thanks for posting. :smile:
“Don't you know that a midnight hour comes when everyone has to take off his mask? Do you think life always lets itself be trifled with? Do you think you can sneak off a little before midnight to escape this?”
― Søren Kierkegaard
tellyontellyon

Postby Punya » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:43 pm

Thank you too to Kirtu for originally posting. There's some great Sakya and Nyingma footage in there as well.
Unless the inner forces of negative emotions are conquered
Strife with outer enemies will never end.
~Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Punya

Postby smcj » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:29 pm

If I ever go to Kham I'm using this video as a travel guide.

Punya wrote:Thank you too to Kirtu for originally posting. There's some great Sakya and Nyingma footage in there as well.

I forget which thread the original post was. Do you know? The reason I started a new thread was because I couldn't find my way back to it.
A human being has his limits. And thus, in every conceivable way, with every possible means, he tries to make the teaching enter into his own limits. ChNN
smcj

Postby Punya » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:16 am

It's here viewtopic.php?f=63&t=15106. I have a chance to travel to Tibet later this year with one of my teachers. Even though I can't really afford it makes me think I should go.
Unless the inner forces of negative emotions are conquered
Strife with outer enemies will never end.
~Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Punya

Postby heart » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:13 am

Actually the main part of the movie (the first 45 minutes) are paces connected with the Dzongsar monastery which is Sakya. It is a rather good movie I must say.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby kirtu » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:21 pm

smcj wrote:If I ever go to Kham I'm using this video as a travel guide.

Punya wrote:Thank you too to Kirtu for originally posting. There's some great Sakya and Nyingma footage in there as well.

I forget which thread the original post was. Do you know? The reason I started a new thread was because I couldn't find my way back to it.

It's a pretty fantastic movie from Yogifilm.de. They have produced several films although only have two films listed on their website.

I originally saw this on another forum. I posted it here under Media with the title "Remains of Tibetan Buddhism in Tibet". The title of the longer English version on Youtube is "Remains of vajrayana buddhism in Tibet". The version on the Yogifilm site is titled "Looking for ancient Tibet".

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Postby smcj » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:53 pm

kirtu wrote:I originally saw this on another forum. I posted it here under Media with the title "Remains of Tibetan Buddhism in Tibet". The title of the longer English version on Youtube is "Remains of vajrayana buddhism in Tibet". The version on the Yogifilm site is titled "Looking for ancient Tibet".

Kirt

I'd like to publicly credit and thank Kirt for the original posting of this video. He posted it in the 'media' forum and I re-posted it in the 'Kagyyu' forum. Seems like there are more people here interested in Kagyu oriented videos than more generically titled and posted ones!

But thanks again Kirt for the original posting. I've forwarded the link to some other old Kagyu students that don't participate here. They've all loved it too. Thanks again!
smcj

Return to Kagyu