Passing of Karma Chagme Rinpoche

Glyn

Re: Passing of Karma Chagme Rinpoche

Post by Glyn »

heart wrote: :smile: Who is your Guru?

/magnus

I have many, but my main one is an anonymous village Lama you will not have heard of. Maybe I will talk about him in another thread one day, but now we should llet this one go back to news of the kudung of HH.
"It's not ok to practice Dharma sometimes, just when you feel like it. You have to practice all the time" - Lama Rigzin Rinpoche.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Glyn wrote:
heart wrote: :smile: Who is your Guru?

/magnus

I have many, but my main one is an anonymous village Lama you will not have heard of. Maybe I will talk about him in another thread one day, but now we should llet this one go back to news of the kudung of HH.
:namaste:
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

The precious kudung of His Holiness will be cremated on the 24th of November.
"It's not ok to practice Dharma sometimes, just when you feel like it. You have to practice all the time" - Lama Rigzin Rinpoche.
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

A tribute video was recently posted to Facebook. It includes several pictures of Rinpoche I hadn't seen before, and even has a couple new ones of the encased kudung.

phpBB [video]

Would be greatly appreciative if those who speak/read Tibetan could transcribe what's being said for the rest of us. I can pick up on the "Lama Khyenno" and "Jetsun Karma Chagme Khyenno" bits, but the rest goes by too fast for me to make sense of at the moment.

I no one feels confident in doing so, I suppose I can slow down the a/v and try, but it would take a lot of :coffee: on my part and patience on all of yours...

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

A quick stab at it...

"Lama, know me. Lama, Know me. Jetsun Karma Chagme know me. Sun of The Teaching, come from the Northern Direction,
I and other sentient beings, body and mind, having come together in the darkness, look on us with quick compassion, Jetsun Karma Chagme.

For the Sentient beings in the six realms, like the moon of the 15th, with no no obstacles or enemies, quickly Shine forth. Look at us quickly with compassion, Jetsun Karma Chagme.

Lama Know me. Lama Know me. Jestun Karma Chagme, know me."

That's the song. The last bit is the Request for Swift Rebirth.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

The prayer at the end isn't really a Swift Return prayer, but a prayer for the spread of Karma Chagme's teaching:

"Protector of the World, king of the teachings of Sutra and Mantra,
Continuous Rain of Amrita maturing beings.
Great Learned and Accomplished Karma Chagme.
May your teachings spread and increase for a long time."
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Is it in bad taste to post a picture of Rinpoche when he was in hospital? I have mixed feelings about it.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Well, I doubt many of us would like to have their pictures while on their deathbed made publicly available.
heart

Post by heart »

Clarence wrote:Well, I doubt many of us would like to have their pictures while on their deathbed made publicly available.
But Tenga Rinpoches picture was just awesome.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

heart wrote:
Clarence wrote:Well, I doubt many of us would like to have their pictures while on their deathbed made publicly available.

/magnus
Was that the one of his Kudun or one of him in the hospital?
heart

Post by heart »

Clarence wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus
Was that the one of his Kudun or one of him in the hospital?
He died at home, sitting up in meditation. Was all over the net at the time.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

heart wrote: He died at home, sitting up in meditation. Was all over the net at the time.

/magnus
Yeah, that's the one I have seen as well. I think that is very different than a pic of someone in his hospital bed.
Palzang Jangchub

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་རཱ་ག་ཨ་སྱ་ཁྱེན་ནོ།

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Namkha Rinpoche, Nupa Rinpoche and others will be leading the ritual proceedings on Sunday. Many special Lamas are arriving today for shitro and similar.
Palzang Jangchub

Glyn, does that mean the cremation is slated for the 24th, then? I'd seen it listed as having occurred on the 15th elsewhere...

Also, have your sources at Neydo Tashi Chöling told you that any particular practices are being recommended for those who want to participate from home? Would like to observe some sort of practice to connect with Rinpoche and the worldwide Sangha during this event, especially if it auspiciously occurs on Lha Bab Duchen!

And who exactly are Namkha Rinpoche & Nubpa Rinpoche, if I may be so curious? Is the latter the Drikungpa who heads retreats at Lapchi? Being woefully unaware of the vast array of connections that the 7th Chagme Rinpoche undoubtedly had, it would be lovely to know more about his friends and who he held in high esteem.

Glyn

Post by Glyn »

It's on Labab Duchen, which is the 24th. You have made comments implying you have some connections at Neydo, it's better if you ask them perhaps. I am going, but have not so much choice in the matter.
Kunga

Post by Kunga »

Rinpoche, how long will you stay in Nepal this time?
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

Kunga wrote:Rinpoche, how long will you stay in Nepal this time?
It's not set in stone. I am supposed to do some work in Lapchi and Pokara, but there are some tiring family matters I also need to attend to. Sometimes I wish I had done things differently.
Glyn

Post by Glyn »

It was quite a wonderful event. Many many great Lamas in attendance and doing the rituals. My phone played up so I don't have any pics to share unfortunately.
Palzang Jangchub

It looks to have been a very moving event. Wish I could've been there in person, but such is life (and karma). Perhaps I'll be able to visit his stupa at some point in the near future.

Despite being beyond coming and going, may Jetsun Karma Chagme return swiftly to guide and tame beings!

Return to “Kagyu”