Ways to show respect to Gampopa?

Luke

Ways to show respect to Gampopa?

Post by Luke »

Although I can't prove it, I have always had the feeling that reading the Jewel Ornament of Liberation by Gampopa and reading anecdotes about Gampopa's life were the cause of much of the good karma which I have experienced over the past couple years. Regardless of which Buddhist tradition I end up practicing, I would like to show some respect towards Gampopa. What are good ways to do this?

Are there any "Gampopa meditation retreats" (something like Konchog Chidu, but with Gampopa as the main focus instead of Guru Rinpoche) which I could give a donation to?

Or would it be best to give a donation for some Buddhist center to build a Gampopa statue?

Or from another perspective, maybe it's best to donate to a Kagyu monastery because Gampopa established the Kagyu monastic order, so showing respect towards a Kagyu monastery should equate to showing respect towards Gampopa? Is my thinking here correct?

I don't have the money now, but I might want to do something like this in the future.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Ways to show respect to Gampopa?

Post by Grigoris »

Gampopas guru yoga sadhana. You can get the lung from most Karma Kagyu lama, and then practice away.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Kagyu”