Retreat with Stewart Jarvis, Diamond Way - any experience??

Dan74
Former staff member

Retreat with Stewart Jarvis, Diamond Way - any experience??

Post by Dan74 »

Hello Folks!

A friend of my wife's has gone to this retreat and she is very worried after a few controversial things I told her about Lama Ole and the organisation.

Now I am not interested in stirring up a hornet's nest but wondering if anyone here has had personal experience with this teacher and what one can expect.

Thank you very much!
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: Retreat with Stewart Jarvis, Diamond Way - any experienc

Post by Grigoris »

I wouldn't worry about it too much, I have yet to meet a Diamond Way practitioner that eats babies or takes part in human sacrfices. Generally they are a pretty amiable and harmless bunch.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
emaho

Post by emaho »

Maybe this is interesting for you:

http://de.scribd.com/doc/138981728/E-Sa ... Discussion

it's the old E-Sangha discussion on Ole Nydahl. It's a couple of years old, but imho it contains some very interesting thoughts and information on the topic.
"I struggled with some demons, They were middle class and tame..." L. Cohen
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

Thanks, folks! The person in question came back from the retreat unscathed and fairly unimpressed from what I've heard. He's been frequenting a Theravada centre for some years, I believe and Diamond Way is probably more unlike Theravada than any other Tibetan lineage?
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Dan74 wrote:He's been frequenting a Theravada centre for some years, I believe and Diamond Way is probably more unlike Theravada than any other Tibetan lineage?
:shrug: Hard to say, as there are so many variables by which to measure this difference.

Return to “Kagyu”