The Six Points are as Follows:
1. The view which establishes a clear idea or determination of what must be understood
2. Maintaining the view through samaya of meditation
3. Progressing through the development stage through conduct
4. Receiving initiations and guarding samaya
5. Actualizing through empowerments
6. Fulfilling the aspiration to benefit self and others by implementing the lineage instructions.
Read further: http://www.turtlehill.org/khen/zong.html
We keep trying to tie knots in the vast, open sky, so we have something to hold onto to.