My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby Malcolm » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:31 am

mujushinkyo wrote:What's more, some of the things they're saying about me are quite serious. I see nothing wrong with appealing to other Buddhists, sane Buddhists, for help.


You may have noticed a remarkable importence on the part of the Tibetan ecclesiastical hierarchy to deal with problems of their own creation, whether eastern or western.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

" If he does not teach according to the words of the Buddha
even if he is a guru, one should remain indifferent. "

-- Sakya Pandita
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 11554
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby mujushinkyo » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:21 am

Malcolm wrote:
mujushinkyo wrote:What's more, some of the things they're saying about me are quite serious. I see nothing wrong with appealing to other Buddhists, sane Buddhists, for help.


You may have noticed a remarkable importence on the part of the Tibetan ecclesiastical hierarchy to deal with problems of their own creation, whether eastern or western.


Yes, I've noticed it, and by the way I like what you say about Atiyoga. Thanks.
mujushinkyo
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 5:58 am

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby mujushinkyo » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:33 am

BTW here is how a Buddhist wins a fight, it seems all of you missed that talk on the first day;

:bow: Overcome by my own mental afflictions and lack of empathy I have acted against the Dharma. I offer all victory to you and drive all blame into my personal demon of self cherishing. This is all my fault. I am sorry.



That's absolutely true for Buddhists, Tibetan tradition ones anyway. Or it should be. But the way people describe themselves or their ideal is rarely the way they behave. If I were a Tibetan Buddhist, I would do my utmost to live by those words.

I did write that "obese tulkus make better lovers" tweet. I really do enjoy satire and the absurd, and once it struck me that the people in question weren't going to let me alone no matter what, I indulged this enjoyment fully. I maintain that I have a right to satirize tulkus on my own Twitter page.

I'd like to publish a little book of "tulku tweets" -- not just by me but by a dozen other people at least -- because many of them are really funny, and cumulatively they seem to gain something, even becoming hilarious.

The other points you made I don't have any answer to. I appreciate what you say.
mujushinkyo
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 5:58 am

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby simhanada » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:27 am

There is a new KPC affiliated centre in my neck of the woods that I definitely won't be recommending to anyone any time soon.
simhanada
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:23 pm

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby heart » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:21 am

mujushinkyo wrote: I did write that "obese tulkus make better lovers" tweet. I really do enjoy satire and the absurd, and once it struck me that the people in question weren't going to let me alone no matter what, I indulged this enjoyment fully. I maintain that I have a right to satirize tulkus on my own Twitter page.

I'd like to publish a little book of "tulku tweets" -- not just by me but by a dozen other people at least -- because many of them are really funny, and cumulatively they seem to gain something, even becoming hilarious.


If you provoke people you should not be surprised when they get provoked, it is just ordinary cause and effect. Even if you don't consider yourself a Buddhist you should be careful with your actions. I think your expression "tulku tweets" show that your intention isn't the best.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
User avatar
heart
 
Posts: 3057
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby Malcolm » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:30 pm

heart wrote:
mujushinkyo wrote: I did write that "obese tulkus make better lovers" tweet. I really do enjoy satire and the absurd, and once it struck me that the people in question weren't going to let me alone no matter what, I indulged this enjoyment fully. I maintain that I have a right to satirize tulkus on my own Twitter page.

I'd like to publish a little book of "tulku tweets" -- not just by me but by a dozen other people at least -- because many of them are really funny, and cumulatively they seem to gain something, even becoming hilarious.


If you provoke people you should not be surprised when they get provoked, it is just ordinary cause and effect. Even if you don't consider yourself a Buddhist you should be careful with your actions. I think your expression "tulku tweets" show that your intention isn't the best.

/magnus



Dude, the FBI knocked down the door to his house, locked and loaded, looking for cyber terrorists. I think you would be venting a bit if it happened to you. This is Andrew's party....you would cry to if it happened to you...

M
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

" If he does not teach according to the words of the Buddha
even if he is a guru, one should remain indifferent. "

-- Sakya Pandita
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 11554
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby mujushinkyo » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:42 pm

heart wrote:
mujushinkyo wrote: I did write that "obese tulkus make better lovers" tweet. I really do enjoy satire and the absurd, and once it struck me that the people in question weren't going to let me alone no matter what, I indulged this enjoyment fully. I maintain that I have a right to satirize tulkus on my own Twitter page.

I'd like to publish a little book of "tulku tweets" -- not just by me but by a dozen other people at least -- because many of them are really funny, and cumulatively they seem to gain something, even becoming hilarious.


If you provoke people you should not be surprised when they get provoked, it is just ordinary cause and effect. Even if you don't consider yourself a Buddhist you should be careful with your actions. I think your expression "tulku tweets" show that your intention isn't the best.

/magnus


So you're saying that if I make fun of tulkus I should expect someone to frame me up with the FBI and try to get me killed?

This isn't "cause and effect." It's just criminal and sadistic behavior.

My intention is absolutely the best. It's to help liberate people from everything that keeps them from directly knowing their original nature, including "tulkus." Your judgement of my intention goes wide of the mark and it even sounds somewhat "heartless"!
mujushinkyo
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 5:58 am

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby Malcolm » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:11 pm

mujushinkyo wrote:So you're saying that if I make fun of tulkus I should expect someone to frame me up with the FBI and try to get me killed?


Around the world, in every religion, people are moving in a more fundamentalist direction. Yes, also in Buddhism. So, since you were perceived to be a threat by a minor league self-appointed Nyingma Taliban, they issued a fatwa against you which is apparently still in force. Rather than admit they made have been mistaken, they have no choice but to continue to harass you. So now you are the subject of a holy jihad. This is characteristic of the religious mentality. It is not a characteristic of the yogic or spiritual mentality. And converts to a religion, you will recall, are usually far more zealous in the prosecution of their new faith (embarassingly so) than people raised in it. Honestly, the only way to win is to not play (classic game theory). Twitter is a such a stupid service anyway.

M
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

" If he does not teach according to the words of the Buddha
even if he is a guru, one should remain indifferent. "

-- Sakya Pandita
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 11554
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby mujushinkyo » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Malcolm wrote:
mujushinkyo wrote:So you're saying that if I make fun of tulkus I should expect someone to frame me up with the FBI and try to get me killed?


Around the world, in every religion, people are moving in a more fundamentalist direction. Yes, also in Buddhism. So, since you were perceived to be a threat by a minor league self-appointed Nyingma Taliban, they issued a fatwa against you which is apparently still in force. Rather than admit they made have been mistaken, they have no choice but to continue to harass you. So now you are the subject of a holy jihad. This is characteristic of the religious mentality. It is not a characteristic of the yogic or spiritual mentality. And converts to a religion, you will recall, are usually far more zealous in the prosecution of their new faith (embarassingly so) than people raised in it. Honestly, the only way to win is to not play (classic game theory). Twitter is a such a stupid service anyway.

M


Certainly, you sum it up well -- all except for the part about Twitter being intrinsically stupid. In my forays into Twitter I"ve met people all over the world I never would have met otherwise -- a Japanese woman living in a seaside town in Japan who writes beautiful haiku in English, a cab driver in Austin, Texas who may be the greatest yogin in the Western Hemisphere, a great female Guru who lives in Catalonia, a dazzlingly smart woman in Tennessee who later told me that she didn't know what she would have done without some of the Haragei stuff that I showed her at a really hard time in her life, &c &c.

Twitter is just the starting point -- I end up e-mailing with these people, talking to them on the phone, and often meeting them.

Twitter is also a good way to bring people to my writings.

The cult attack experience has been my only bad experience on Twitter. It's a fairly intense one, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been worth it!

Thanks for your supportive messages, by the way.
mujushinkyo
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 5:58 am

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby kirtu » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:38 pm

heart wrote:
mujushinkyo wrote: I did write that "obese tulkus make better lovers" tweet. I really do enjoy satire and the absurd, and once it struck me that the people in question weren't going to let me alone no matter what, I indulged this enjoyment fully. I maintain that I have a right to satirize tulkus on my own Twitter page.

I'd like to publish a little book of "tulku tweets" -- not just by me but by a dozen other people at least -- because many of them are really funny, and cumulatively they seem to gain something, even becoming hilarious.

I think your expression "tulku tweets" show that your intention isn't the best.


So you are also harassing people. And you come here to get help after you have been acting like a feces throwing ape? So your statement about helping people to attain kensho, etc. is a lie. You are behaving as despicably as the tulku fanatics are. You just want advantage, power and control over others like those mostly uneducated people surrounding Akhon Lhamo do. You are just playing a cultural game.

Malcolm wrote:Dude, the FBI knocked down the door to his house, locked and loaded, looking for cyber terrorists. I think you would be venting a bit if it happened to you. This is Andrew's party....you would cry to if it happened to you...


If this actually happened then this needs to be taken to the national press for an investigation of how the FBI can be manipulated and used as a tool against other people. That is very dangerous and imperils the republic.

The talk about "Nyingma taliban" ect., death threats without evidence is simply incendiary. If there were death threats, etc. then this needs to be taken to a prosecutor.

However as you said Malcolm, the best thing to do on a personal level is simply to ignore the people. However the possible manipulation of the FBI and possible death threats have to be handled legally.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
 
Posts: 4350
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby Malcolm » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:43 pm

kirtu wrote:
Malcolm wrote:Dude, the FBI knocked down the door to his house, locked and loaded, looking for cyber terrorists. I think you would be venting a bit if it happened to you. This is Andrew's party....you would cry to if it happened to you...


If this actually happened then this needs to be taken to the national press for an investigation of how the FBI can be manipulated and used as a tool against other people. That is very dangerous and imperils the republic.



This is a matter of public record, it was published in the national media for crying out loud.

The talk about "Nyingma taliban" ect., death threats without evidence is simply incendiary. If there were death threats, etc. then this needs to be taken to a prosecutor.


I did not say they issued a death warrant, I said they issued a fatwa:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatwā

However as you said Malcolm, the best thing to do on a personal level is simply to ignore the people. However the possible manipulation of the FBI and possible death threats have to be handled legally.
Kirt


Andrew was arrested in connection with Bill Cassidy and then released when it was ascertained he and Cassidy were not the same person nor acting in concert.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

" If he does not teach according to the words of the Buddha
even if he is a guru, one should remain indifferent. "

-- Sakya Pandita
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 11554
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby Malcolm » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:44 pm

kirtu wrote:So you are also harassing people.


Probably not.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

" If he does not teach according to the words of the Buddha
even if he is a guru, one should remain indifferent. "

-- Sakya Pandita
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 11554
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby Jikan » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Malcolm wrote:
kirtu wrote:
Malcolm wrote:Dude, the FBI knocked down the door to his house, locked and loaded, looking for cyber terrorists. I think you would be venting a bit if it happened to you. This is Andrew's party....you would cry to if it happened to you...


If this actually happened then this needs to be taken to the national press for an investigation of how the FBI can be manipulated and used as a tool against other people. That is very dangerous and imperils the republic.



This is a matter of public record, it was published in the national media for crying out loud.



kirtu's correct that the FBI can be badly manipulated. Example: some hippies in Asheville, NC are assumed to be working in concert with the FARC (leftist militants in Colombia) and, hence, are also terrorists bent on attacking the DNC convention in Charlotte, NC, and also float and are made of wood and witches and flammable &c.

http://www.fightbacknews.org/2012/6/1/f ... -activists
Jikan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4823
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby Nemo » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:58 pm

So we have a guy who goes off on Twitter.

On the other side we have a cult that uses the full force of it's membership to harass two individuals, including hiring a high price Washington law firm to concoct new and never before laid charges to bully them emotionally and financially. Even now they send people to stalk them and lie to law enforcement about their activities. They put Cassidy in jail for a year over an internet flame war and tried to break him financially and physically.

Rumour is this started earlier when members would try to leave. They were probably used to intimidating weak minded former cult members. Obviously this never worked on Cassidy when he left. Hardened killers have been trying to intimidate him since Vietnam. A few PMSing nuns, a child molester and a neurotic Brooklyn housewife had no chance of shaking him down.

If KPC is correct about your backgrounds I admire your restraint. They have no idea how strongly you have been pulling your punches. I was just a medic but drank with some of the Int guys. Quite an eye opener. I'd mention some of the Machiavellian things they could do to KPC but I would worry that KPC would either think I was stalking them or try them out on Andrew.

Malcolm wrote:minor league self-appointed Nyingma Taliban
:twothumbsup:
User avatar
Nemo
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:23 am
Location: Canada

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby kirtu » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Jikan wrote:kirtu's correct that the FBI can be badly manipulated.


This then is the real issue rather than two groups behaving badly. The FBI being manipulated is literally a federal issue and has to be investigated. They were rumoured to have always infiltrated some anti-war groups and incredibly during the 90's Gay activist and AIDS activist groups.

The FBI is not the Stasi (the former East German secret police), or worse, and they cannot be permitted to behave like them.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
 
Posts: 4350
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby Nemo » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:25 pm

I was a fly on the wall when things went South in the Canadian security community. The older generation of spooks in Canada loved rule of law. They did do extralegal work but within a very limited envelope. They were very proud of that fact. They would rather destroy their illegally intercepted communications than let them be used by the courts. They only stopped bombers and terrorists. That was the only way the game they were playing made sense.

Perhaps it was hard earned wisdom or just a different generation. The new guys went to the Dick Cheney school. The ends always justified the means for them. To get promoted some would find losers and then turn then into terrorists. It promoted the wrong people to positions where they hired on more creeps like themselves. Now the system is wrecked for at least a generation. I wouldn't trust them to catch a real terrorist and would not be surprised if a politician could co opt them for domestic ops on dissident citizens. It's the combination of ruthlessness and stupidity that makes it such a loss. They don't have the instincts of the guys who caught the real terrorists.
:focus:

kirtu wrote:
Jikan wrote:kirtu's correct that the FBI can be badly manipulated.


This then is the real issue rather than two groups behaving badly.


What about the cult with deep pockets that hired a firm of former federal prosecutors to invent charges to bully and intimidate it's critics? Being Buddhist I have an issue with that as well.
Last edited by Nemo on Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Nemo
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:23 am
Location: Canada

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby heart » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:59 pm

mujushinkyo wrote:So you're saying that if I make fun of tulkus I should expect someone to frame me up with the FBI and try to get me killed?

This isn't "cause and effect." It's just criminal and sadistic behavior.

My intention is absolutely the best. It's to help liberate people from everything that keeps them from directly knowing their original nature, including "tulkus." Your judgement of my intention goes wide of the mark and it even sounds somewhat "heartless"!


I am not saying that. I am sorry if I sound heartless but you have not provided any links that gives a clear picture of what happened to you, I am not on twitter and I know nothing except what you say in this thread. My comment was directed at what your wrote in your post which to me seemed unnecessary provocative.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
User avatar
heart
 
Posts: 3057
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby kirtu » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Nemo wrote:
kirtu wrote:
Jikan wrote:kirtu's correct that the FBI can be badly manipulated.


This then is the real issue rather than two groups behaving badly.


What about the cult with deep pockets that hired a firm of former federal prosecutors to invent charges to bully and intimidate it's critics? Being Palyul I have an issue with that as well.


If they manipulated the FBI then they are subject to investigation for illegal activity.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
 
Posts: 4350
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby Nemo » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:39 pm

kirtu wrote:If they manipulated the FBI then they are subject to investigation for illegal activity.


Or we could get a hundred grand together hire the same law firm and invent some never before heard of illegal activity and tie them up in the courts for years until they were broke and exhausted. Unless some stupid do gooders like the ACLU or EFF get involved like in Cassidy's case.


"The ends justify the means."
Am I right in thinking this is what happened at KPC? Having watched this shift in the Army I am vaccinated against the poison. The brand gurus and marketers they have living their infected the group mind. Any activity is acceptable to protect the Living Buddha™ . If they do not protect the brand innumerable beings will not be saved from the depths of hell.

I'll just say you are what you do.
User avatar
Nemo
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:23 am
Location: Canada

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Postby mujushinkyo » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:39 pm

heart wrote:
I am not saying that. I am sorry if I sound heartless but you have not provided any links that gives a clear picture of what happened to you, I am not on twitter and I know nothing except what you say in this thread. My comment was directed at what your wrote in your post which to me seemed unnecessary provocative.

/magnus



But my "Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche" gives a precise and clear picture of what happened to me. http://diamondsutrazen.blogspot.com/201 ... poche.html. For details, one can take a look at "The Deadly Viper Assassination Buddhists." http://diamondsutrazen.blogspot.com/201 ... hists.html. I wrote this blog post in the summer of 2010 in response to the official Web site of the KPC Sangha posting my name as someone who was connected to William Cassidy, who was at that time still in jail.

On a personal note, I'm not sure many people can really imagine or appreciate what it is to live your life for a year under the threat (which was never officially withdrawn) of federal prosecution for ridiculing a bunch of crazy people.

As for the "tulku" wordplay thing, my friend:

"Dr. Zhivagtulku," "She wore Blue Tulku, Bluer than Tulku was the night," "Tulku Team Six," "Shiny Shiny Shiny Boots of Tulku," "They wouldn't let poor Rudolph play in any tulku games" -- it's not clear how these Dada-absurdist word games harm anybody. But for those who believe my use of the sanctified term "tulku" is provocative, consider that in the two weeks or so since I stopped using the T word on my Twitter page the cult's attacks on me have escalated to an all out feeding frenzy. Maybe the #Tulku hashtag isn't the real problem here.
mujushinkyo
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 5:58 am

PreviousNext

Return to Nyingma

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lelopa, namoh and 19 guests

>