My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

anikunzang

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Post by anikunzang »

claims which, if verified, would lead any serious Vajrayana practitioner to question Jetsunma/Catherine/Alyce's "qualities," not to mention her "qualifications."
I know I keep reiterating what HH Penor Rinpoche said from his Throne at Palyul Retreat, not once but during two different retreat years...that westerners want to argue with, question, doubt his recognition and enthronement as a lineage holder of Jetsunma. He commented that Tibetans would not do that, as having accepted the purity of Holiness himself (at one time Head of Nyingma-pa)and his own recognition, then they would honor, respect and trust his capacity to determine who or what is a pure Tulku.
I am not intending to create a Western/Tibetan debate, however as HH pointed out, it is westerners who seemed to have created and continue to perpetuate this debate.
As a serious Vajrayana practitioner, my judgement of qualities or qualifications becomes irrelevant as long as I ensure that recognised great Teachers honour and support the activities. That is to me the point of Vajrayana - to rely on that which is not ordinary in order to accomplish the state of pristine recognition and benefit beings. Until I have accomplished that, then my judgement (by definition) is flawed and unreliable.
It is also important review the actions of that Tulku or Teacher and ensure that it reflects the qualities of compassion and wisdom. I have done that, and have witnessed the support of other great Teachers, so there is no reason for me to perpetuate my ignorance in this way through doubt.
If it is a true letter, and not a forgery
Here you raise a critical issue....today's technology allows for things to be fabricated, which means we are living in a minefield where lies can be dressed up as Truth and create layer upon layer of confusion. Kaliyuga, here we are. Personally, I am very cautious about believing what appears online in this barrage against Jetsunma, so conveniently supporting that she is a sham and KPC is a "cult".
I will continue to rely on pure Teachers as the only source of Truth, knowing that a "letter" posted on-line could have been concocted by anyone.
I had the honor a few years ago at Palyul Retreat to act as chopon (sp?) serving both HH Penor Rinpoche and Karma Kuchen Rinpoche. I have no doubt in the purity of either of them. The purity of Palyul and the Dharma in order to bring benefit is essential to them. I do not believe they would allow a "cult member" and student of a sham to serve in this way, as it would damage the purity of the blessings they bring through wangs.
I will continue to trust in the decisions and actions of Pure Teachers as my guide through ordinary view.
mujushinkyo

Post by mujushinkyo »

Ogyen wrote:
mujushinkyo wrote:I was contemplating today the odd fact that, according to some brilliant Buddhists here, that little boy the insolent, vicious and stupid "Palzang" raped in Arizona had brought it all down on himself due to his misdeeds in a past life!

I look at it differently. I say if more Buddhists had spoken up a long time ago and publicized the truth about this cult, the boy wouldn't have gotten raped.

And the fact that Buddhists still won't do anything about it is what truly "stinks" in all this.

I could substitute every use of "Buddhist" above with "people" and think of my own life and that of many others. Perhaps, you attribute to "Buddhists" what is simply attributable to humans. Buddhists are humans suffering too... I'm not sure what bearing the Buddhist-iness of it all would have in any of that. Humans turn away in the face of atrocities. Humans rise to fight in the face of atrocities. Humans are ignorant, cowardly, brave, sometimes skillful, sometimes horrible. Many humans (more than they're given credit) are capable of infinite kindness as well. Some principles apply to all people. Anger in my experience fans the flames brighter, especially where atrocity is concerned. I only say something because I have experienced a thing or two on the subject above. Such things just are. I'm not excusing it, those who can counter ignorance and violence, MUST. Such is the responsibility (imo) when the nature of understanding hits awareness. If we can do something to help, we must. That is why there are teachers. Like older siblings helping younger ones. I'm simply stating, you must try to forget about Buddhists for a moment, they're no "rescuers of the world," most can barely get a grip on their own crap. That's why it's called practice. Simply most try to do their best and look through a lens of kindness and see that it's just human, all too human. No mud, no lotus.

Maybe the fact that this recognition is in most instances an epic fail for most of us humans on the simplest of truths is what 'stinks'...

:namaste:
That is very true, Ogyen, and thank you for it. I should clarify that what I meant by "Buddhists" specifically was the higher-up lamas (Gyatrul Rinpoche, Karma Kuchen, and when he was around, Penor Rinpoche). They all knew what was going in with the cult, or at least had strong inklings. I believe any of these lamas could have intervened in this mess at any time in the past few years, and "Palzang" wouldn't have been in any position to rape that boy. He wouldn't have been wearing Buddhist robes, for one thing. Also, if the Tibetan hierarchy had publicly distanced themselves from "Jetsunma," she wouldn't have been able to manipulate the FBI as she did. William Cassidy wouldn't have done 10 months in jail; I wouldn't have been raided. Many people would have been spared a long and sordid drama played out on the Internet. &c.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

gregkavarnos wrote:
anikunzang wrote:I am not saying, believe Jetsunma is a Tulku and a display of enlightened mind because I think she is. I am suggesting that if you review the many, many recognised pure Teachers who have recognised, honor and support her and her compassionate activity, and reflect on that, it makes no sense to me to refute that with anger and judgment based on ordinary view.
If you read my previous posts you would have seen that I made no judgement whatsoever on your teacher Jetsunma, actually I spent a large portion of my time trying to get Mujushinkyo to understand that what happened to him also had to do with him. But since you are here, instead of talking about whether Jetsunma is enlightened or not (another red herring), why not clarify your position regarding the actions taken by your vajra brothers and sisters against Mujushinkyo? Because if even half of what Mujushinkyo has to say is true, it is more than enough to cast doubt upon the purity of the intentions and actions of your sangha members.
BUMP!
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
mujushinkyo

Post by mujushinkyo »

simhamuka wrote: Mujushinkyo brought the FBI on himself.

He Tweeted things like "I'm coming tulku k-k-k-kill you" to @jalpalyul (her Twitter account) while there was an ongoing investigation of Bill Cassidy, a convicted felon indicted for rape (pled down to assault), who was also threatening her. Why say stuff like that?
No, I did not tweet that to @jalpalyul. Don't feel so clever because you can lie with a straight face. It's not a good quality in a person, Buddhist or not.

Look at the cut-and-paste on "Protecting Nyingma." Where does it say @jalpalyul? That's a modified line from a movie called A FISH CALLED WANDA.

Context: I recall that some Twitter friends and I were tossing movie lines back and forth, inserting "tulku" wherever it might create a ridiculous effect. We also did "You Only Tulku Twice." Is that a threat? What about "Tulku Melanzane." Is that a threat? What about "The rain is Spain falls mainly on the Tulku?"

We made a lot of jokes in 2010 and even in 2011 using the #Tulku hashtag. I believe I even made some jokes about JAL Paypal. These are witticisms, not threats. The KPC has not been able to trademark the word "Tulku." It's still in the public domain. I can use it on my own Twitter page if I like. I can even abuse it if I like. It's just a word.

I point this out even though you already know it, because the currency of the KPC is lying and slander, and you're shilling for the cultists. Shame.
mujushinkyo

Post by mujushinkyo »

gregkavarnos wrote:
gregkavarnos wrote:
anikunzang wrote:I am not saying, believe Jetsunma is a Tulku and a display of enlightened mind because I think she is. I am suggesting that if you review the many, many recognised pure Teachers who have recognised, honor and support her and her compassionate activity, and reflect on that, it makes no sense to me to refute that with anger and judgment based on ordinary view.
If you read my previous posts you would have seen that I made no judgement whatsoever on your teacher Jetsunma, actually I spent a large portion of my time trying to get Mujushinkyo to understand that what happened to him also had to do with him. But since you are here, instead of talking about whether Jetsunma is enlightened or not (another red herring), why not clarify your position regarding the actions taken by your vajra brothers and sisters against Mujushinkyo? Because if even half of what Mujushinkyo has to say is true, it is more than enough to cast doubt upon the purity of the intentions and actions of your sangha members.
BUMP!
Greg, What's with the private message you just sent telling me to keep my mouth shut? -Andrew
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

TOPIC LOCKED

This topic has run its course. There does not appear to be any kind of resolution. All those involved both here at Dharma Wheel, elsewhere online and in the meat world know the truth about what happened and where the responsibility lay and each person has to live with the consequences of their own thoughts, deeds and actions. If anyone is interested it is possible to research that which is publicly available about this entire unwholesome affair at Twitter for example. Further debate/argument here is a pointless exercise and is of benefit to no one.

Regards,

Return to “Nyingma”