My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

mujushinkyo

Re: My Open Message to Gyatrul Rinpoche

Post by mujushinkyo »

Malcolm wrote:
Andrew was arrested in connection with Bill Cassidy and then released when it was ascertained he and Cassidy were not the same person nor acting in concert.
Please note that I was not arrested. Although I know the cultists are saying loudly that I was.

My house was raided in a pre-dawn tactical operation to seize and search my computers. For what kind of "evidence"? Who knows what they thought they'd find. They spent a lot of time in the greenhouse and the basement searching for something that definitely wasn't computers.

There were never any charges made against me, although the prosecutor in Maryland later sent me a threatening letter advising me to talk to him (about Cassidy, presumably) or else. With this document I was able to get a federal defense lawyer appointed by the court. A very fine man. He put in inquiries to the prosecutor and the FBI to find out what their problem was with me but in a whole year his inquires were never answered. After a little over a year my laptops were returned. No explanation, no apology. In fact, the FBI agents here in Eugene, Oregon seemed genuinely confused about why they'd had to raid me at all.

That's all here: http://diamondsutrazen.blogspot.com/201 ... paste.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by mujushinkyo on Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mujushinkyo

Post by mujushinkyo »

kirtu wrote: So you are also harassing people. And you come here to get help after you have been acting like a feces throwing ape? So your statement about helping people to attain kensho, etc. is a lie. You are behaving as despicably as the tulku fanatics are. You just want advantage, power and control over others like those mostly uneducated people surrounding Akhon Lhamo do. You are just playing a cultural game.

Kirt
No, I'm not harassing anybody. I don't think my former "tulku" wordplay can be called harassment. It's more a way of liberating the word from pompousness. "They wouldn't let poor Rudolph play in any tulku games." "Dr. Zhivagtulku." How does that harm anybody? I insist on my right to free speech. If they can take it away from me, they can take it away from you. Do you want that?

As for talking about the cult fanatics and what they've done online, it's my prerogative to talk about what's happened to me. And yes, I am helping people to attain kensho.

Your leap to judgments that have no basis in fact is really startling. I've never denied that I satirized and ridiculed this group of people, after they began stalking me. Nor that I said a number of harsh and direct things about their leader -- again, after they began stalking me. http://diamondsutrazen.blogspot.com/201 ... paste.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; But I didn't set out to frame them up or manipulate the FBI to cause them harm.

This is not just a case of a cult harassing me because they don't like my message of direct realization through Zen. These people cross every possible line -- they don't shy away from trying to disturb people's minds with extreme threats nor even hold back from trying to cause physical harm. If you don't speak up when they come for me, who's going to speak up when they come for you?
Last edited by mujushinkyo on Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mujushinkyo

Post by mujushinkyo »

Nemo wrote:
If KPC is correct about your backgrounds I admire your restraint.
Malcolm wrote:minor league self-appointed Nyingma Taliban
:twothumbsup:
I've heard a little about Cassidy's background, and mine is nothing like that. Are the cultists saying I'm a former Black-Ops person now?
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

mujushinkyo wrote:
kirtu wrote: So you are also harassing people. And you come here to get help after you have been acting like a feces throwing ape? So your statement about helping people to attain kensho, etc. is a lie. You are behaving as despicably as the tulku fanatics are. You just want advantage, power and control over others like those mostly uneducated people surrounding Akhon Lhamo do. You are just playing a cultural game.

Kirt
No, I'm not harassing anybody.
You are and you said so. You are also generating speech intended to disturb people about whom you have formed judgements. It's a manifestation of bullying. Step 1 is to stop harming others even if you are "only teasing" them or whatever.
I don't think my former "tulku" wordplay can be called harassment. It's more a way of liberating the word from pompousness. "They wouldn't let poor Rudolph play in any tulku games." "Dr. Zhivagtulku." How does that harm anybody? I insist on my right to free speech. If they can take it away from me, they can take it away from you. Do you want that? ... I've never denied that I satirized and ridiculed this group of people. But I didn't set out to frame them up or manipulate the FBI to cause them harm.
and this (^^^^^) is another admission of harassment as well as your justification of it.

Take the manipulation of the FBI to the national press and your congressional representatives because that is really a danger. As for the group in Maryland, just ignore them, unless they have threatened you. If they have done that, then begin the legal process.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
mujushinkyo

Post by mujushinkyo »

kirtu wrote:
mujushinkyo wrote:

Kirt
No, I'm not harassing anybody.
You are and you said so. You are also generating speech intended to disturb people about whom you have formed judgements. It's a manifestation of bullying. Step 1 is to stop harming others even if you are "only teasing" them or whatever.
I don't think my former "tulku" wordplay can be called harassment. It's more a way of liberating the word from pompousness. "They wouldn't let poor Rudolph play in any tulku games." "Dr. Zhivagtulku." How does that harm anybody? I insist on my right to free speech. If they can take it away from me, they can take it away from you. Do you want that? ... I've never denied that I satirized and ridiculed this group of people. But I didn't set out to frame them up or manipulate the FBI to cause them harm.
and this (^^^^^) is another admission of harassment as well as your justification of it.

Take the manipulation of the FBI to the national press and your congressional representatives because that is really a danger. As for the group in Maryland, just ignore them, unless they have threatened you. If they have done that, then begin the legal process.

Kirt
Let me be even clearer and more direct. Playing with the word "tulku" on my Twitter page isn't harassment. Why? Because it's intended only for the enjoyment of my friends (about twenty people were playing the same #tulku hashtag game for a while there; it's over with now). If reading the word "tulku" in absurd contexts upsets anybody, there is no need for them to look at my Twitter page. In any case, all the cultists are blocked so they shouldn't be looking at my Twitter page, let alone cutting and pasting screenshots from it.

You do understand how Twitter works, don't you? I didn't address these messages to the cultists. I was not trying to "disturb" anyone with malicious tweets such as "Quid Pro Tulku." Or: "The Tulkuban." "The Tulku from Ipanema." Shudder!

There is a legal definition to "harassment." You may be using your own folk definition that you got from your grandfather or someone, but I assure you if I'd actually been harassing anyone the FBI would have charged me with it, and they didn't.

Look at it in context. The cult had been pursuing me online through Twitter and various crazed blogs for over six months before I began tossing out the occasional absurd tulku joke. What was their reason for it? There's no reason. It's a self-generating, self-perpetuating madness. I don't remember why I started the "tulku" thing. Maybe I felt humor would help to dispel the stupidity.
Josef

Post by Josef »

mujushinkyo wrote:
Let me be even clearer and more direct. Playing with the word "tulku" on my Twitter page isn't harassment. Why? Because it's intended only for the enjoyment of my friends (about twenty people were playing the same #tulku hashtag game for a while there; it's over with now). If reading the word "tulku" in absurd contexts upsets anybody, there is no need for them to look at my Twitter page. In any case, all the cultists are blocked so they shouldn't be looking at my Twitter page, let alone cutting and pasting screenshots from it.

You do understand how Twitter works, don't you? I didn't address these messages to the cultists. I was not trying to "disturb" anyone with malicious tweets such as "Quid Pro Tulku." Or: "The Tulkuban." "The Tulku from Ipanema." Shudder!

There is a legal definition to "harassment." You may be using your own folk definition that you got from your grandfather or someone, but I assure you if I'd actually been harassing anyone the FBI would have charged me with it, and they didn't.

Look at it in context. The cult had been pursuing me online through Twitter and various crazed blogs for over six months before I began tossing out the occasional absurd tulku joke. What was their reason for it? There's no reason. It's a self-generating, self-perpetuating madness. I don't remember why I started the "tulku" thing. Maybe I felt humor would help to dispel the stupidity.
You most certainly have a certain degree of responsibility in all this.
Denying it isnt going to do you any good.

Don't get me wrong, I think the other party involved has gone WAY too far.
However, you should accept your role in the situation.

I agree with Kirt.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

mujushinkyo wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Andrew was arrested in connection with Bill Cassidy and then released when it was ascertained he and Cassidy were not the same person nor acting in concert.
Please note that I was not arrested. Although I know the cultists are saying loudly that I was.

My house was raided in a pre-dawn tactical operation to seize and search my computers.
Apologies -- your computers were arrested and held for a year without being charged.

M
mujushinkyo

Post by mujushinkyo »

Josef wrote:
mujushinkyo wrote:

I agree with Kirt.
What's my role in the situation, exactly? Did I invite them to come after me? Did I ever do anything to them? Had I ever said anything about them before they began accusing me of being a violent felon?

What was I to do about the online harassment of all my friends, including the Guru calling some woman friends of mine "bitch" for speaking up on my behalf? Should I have called the police? Maybe.

Are you suggesting if I'd kept quiet they would have left me alone? How long would I have had to be quiet? What am I permitted to say online without risking an FBI raid? Can I tell someone to "F*** off" without getting raided and almost killed in my home?

Maybe these are questions that should concern you!
Pero

Post by Pero »

Josef wrote:
mujushinkyo wrote:

I agree with Kirt.
Sorry guys but I think you're being a bit ridiculous. A lot of things are said on this board for example, imagine now for example if the DC or the two Karmapa's groups or students of various tulkus etc. started harrasing individual people because of it. It's hardly the same thing if one person makes a comment on something (and not directly to the person or group being commented on), no matter what it is, and quite another if a group intentionally (and with coordination) harrasses an individual.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
justsit

Post by justsit »

Well, not having a dog in this fight and only getting one side of the story, I went on over to "Protecting Nyingma" to see what all the fuss is about.

Frankly, the whole thing is disgusting and pathetic, your side, their side, the whole mess.
It sounds like a bunch of spoiled 10th graders.
What any of this has to do with Buddhism - Vajrayana, Zen, or whatever - is beyond me.

Goodbye, and jolly good luck.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Pero wrote: Sorry guys but I think you're being a bit ridiculous. A lot of things are said on this board for example, imagine now for example if the DC or the two Karmapa's groups or students of various tulkus etc. started harrasing individual people because of it. It's hardly the same thing if one person makes a comment on something (and not directly to the person or group being commented on), no matter what it is, and quite another if a group intentionally (and with coordination) harrasses an individual.
I agree Pero.
The only point I think should be acknowledged is that muju does have to take some responsibility for his situation with the group in question.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
mujushinkyo

Post by mujushinkyo »

justsit wrote:Well, not having a dog in this fight and only getting one side of the story, I went on over to "Protecting Nyingma" to see what all the fuss is about.

Frankly, the whole thing is disgusting and pathetic, your side, their side, the whole mess.
It sounds like a bunch of spoiled 10th graders.
What any of this has to do with Buddhism - Vajrayana, Zen, or whatever - is beyond me.

Goodbye, and jolly good luck.
That's cool, but your message here on this board is just as "insulting" as many of the tweets I tossed at the KPC. Thus, you too sound like a spoiled -- well, maybe a spoiled 11th grader, sneering at spoiled 10th graders. Pathetic. Maybe the FBI should raid your house!

It's also somewhat odd that you would draw your conclusions based on an anonymous slander-defamation blog dedicated to telling lies! Did you bother to look at my blog? It's not anonymous, and it's actually about something. http://www.diamondsutrazen.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The question I'm putting to people on this "Nyingma" board is whether or not they need or want to be "protected" by this cult and its insane defamation blog and crazed cult-and-paste character assassinating activities. You seem comfortable with "Protecting Nyingma" protecting you, so goodbye to you, and jolly good luck with that religious superiority attitude!
Last edited by mujushinkyo on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mujushinkyo

Post by mujushinkyo »

Josef wrote:
Pero wrote: Sorry guys but I think you're being a bit ridiculous. A lot of things are said on this board for example, imagine now for example if the DC or the two Karmapa's groups or students of various tulkus etc. started harrasing individual people because of it. It's hardly the same thing if one person makes a comment on something (and not directly to the person or group being commented on), no matter what it is, and quite another if a group intentionally (and with coordination) harrasses an individual.
I agree Pero.
The only point I think should be acknowledged is that muju does have to take some responsibility for his situation with the group in question.
If you tell me what responsibility I should take, and explain why, and your explanation makes sense, I will certainly take it.

I made no bones in my "Open Letter to Gyatrul Rinpoche" about the fact that I used harsh language at times to try to shake this group off.
In 2009, "Jetsunma" publicly claimed that I was actually a man named William Cassidy, aka "Tenpa Rinpoche." I do not know this man and I have never talked to him. Because Alyce Zeoli said this, her followers began to stalk me on Twitter. They interfered dozens of times each day with my ability to communicate with other people who are interested in Zen. I had to delete or change the name of my account many times to evade them.

During that year I said a number of things, some of them polite and others a little harsh-sounding, in order to get "Jetsunma" and her group to leave me alone. Nothing worked.

I myself observed "Jetsunma" and her monks and nuns mocking, insulting, and threatening many people -- not just me. Their main object of hate was Tenpa Rinpoche, but they also regularly attacked a former Kunzang Palyul Choling nun named Nydia Alexander.

Also, I saw "Jetsunma" many times insult and disparage a woman named Clara Llum whom I revere as one of my teachers, who happens to be a lineage holder in Jodo (Pure Land) Japanese Buddhism. These interactions were all on Twitter and in full public view.

In 2010 "Jetsunma" was able to convince an FBI agent that she was being stalked by William Cassidy. As far as I know, this was a falsehood. She also gave the FBI agent a number of my postings on Twitter, claiming that they were actually by Cassidy. As a result, my home in Oregon was invaded in a predawn raid by FBI agents, who handcuffed my girlfriend and I at gunpoint and confiscated our computers using a search warrant. I was not charged with anything, but the experience was traumatic for my girlfriend.
Nothing worked. Harshness, politeness, mockery, silence, changing the name of my accounts, deleting my accounts, going offline for a month. &c. Nothing worked, nothing. I tried it all.

What should I have done? Please tell me.

When I finally started getting very harsh with these people, it was simply because I hoped that maintaining enough harshness, for a long enough time, would eventually drive them off. It didn't. There was nothing I could do at that point except go offline completely. I chose to stay online. And since they weren't going to relent, I told them and everybody else exactly what I thought about their nonsense. My language tends to be direct.

I'm not an ordained monk. Hakuin called ordained monks who don't pursue Zen in an honest way "worthless rice bags." Ikkyu was renowned for his diatribes against the monks of his home temple. In Zen we have a tradition of using pungent and direct language to describe people who act like this group does.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I'm sorry that you are late to the game. You will have an uphill battle Andrew. IIRC KPC has both marketers and professional PR people who have gotten ahead this long before you came here. The lies have already become accepted wisdom.

I advise patience. The way out is brutal honesty. Own your dickishness. Do you think KPC can withstand an equal amount of scrutiny?

I know with Cassidy their tweets were even worse than his IMO. Especially the ones they tweeted as his dead mother. Start recording their activites so they can't keep playing the victim.

I don't think KPC would have the guts to come here to defend themselves. Explaining the malicious prosecution and telling their sponsors how much of their money for stupas and monks was funneled to it would be nice to hear though. Finances are the weak spot of your opponent.
Last edited by Nemo on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Josef

Post by Josef »

mujushinkyo wrote:
If you tell me what responsibility I should take, and explain why, and your explanation makes sense, I will certainly take it.

I made no bones in my "Open Letter to Gyatrul Rinpoche" about the fact that I used harsh language at times to try to shake this group off.
You provoked and agitated them.
Don't get me wrong, they overreacted in an egregious manner but if you want to move on and be the bigger person which I have no problem believing you are, the (silly) provocations on your end should just be owned and discontinued.
mujushinkyo

Post by mujushinkyo »

Josef wrote:
mujushinkyo wrote:

You provoked and agitated them.
Don't get me wrong, they overreacted in an egregious manner but if you want to move on and be the bigger person which I have no problem believing you are, the (silly) provocations on your end should just be owned and discontinued.
Ha ha! Yes, I understand what you are saying Josef.

But how would a real Tulku react to my harsh words? How would real Buddha-following monks and nuns deal with being "provoked" and "agitated" by somebody online that they've mistaken for their worst enemy?

I recognize differences of opinion about exactly how much harsh language is too much. I've spent much of my life in Boston, and unfortunately we have a higher tolerance threshold for harshness. You know, in Boston if you haven't been called "A**hole" five times before noon, that just means you didn't get out of bed before noon (though even staying in bed isn't a sure thing, unless you're alone and your door is locked.)
Josef

Post by Josef »

mujushinkyo wrote: But how would a real Tulku react to my harsh words? How would real Buddha-following monks and nuns deal with being "provoked" and "agitated" by somebody online that they've mistaken for their worst enemy?
Hopefully they would behave a whole lot better than the KPC folks thats for sure.

It happens all the time really. HHDL is constantly ridiculed, provoked, slandered, etc. he has reacted to it in a way that is understanding, kind, patient, and respectful.
That's how we should all try to act in any situation.
mujushinkyo

Post by mujushinkyo »

Hey, I want to thank everybody who has posted here in response to my letter to the Venerable Gyatrul Rinpoche.

You've helped me to realize some important things.

I see more clearly now how the KPC has been able to use my rather reflexive harshness and bad language (although it really takes some provocation to get me to that point) as a smokescreen to cover up or in some cases to help them out in their long-term plot to imprison William Cassidy. The plot failed. But it was still a strong one, as obsessional revenge plots go.

I was, in fact, a naive fool.

I live from day to day. The bucket empties at night, and I fill it again the next day. I've been doing this for a long time and I've lost the ability to appreciate a certain kind of obsessively detailed scheming and plotting.

So when these KPC people threw shit at me, I'd just casually throw some back.

I couldn't appreciate that this was what they wanted.

They were using me, and I played into their hands.

However, although I may toss insults back to people who are insulting, there is one thing I don't do: scheme to hurt people. In this, the KPC are the masters, and "Jetsunma" is a genius. It's not something to be proud of, in my view, but I heartily applaud her for it anyway.

Knowing this has helped me to revise and focus this blog post, so I appreciate your help.

http://www.diamondsutrazen.blogspot.com ... paste.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Domo Arigato Gozaimasu.
Karma Dorje

Post by Karma Dorje »

Nemo wrote: Rumour is this started earlier when members would try to leave. They were probably used to intimidating weak minded former cult members. Obviously this never worked on Cassidy when he left. Hardened killers have been trying to intimidate him since Vietnam. A few PMSing nuns, a child molester and a neurotic Brooklyn housewife had no chance of shaking him down.
That is a completely unfair characterization. They are menopausal, not "PMSing".
"Although my view is higher than the sky, My respect for the cause and effect of actions is as fine as grains of flour."
-Padmasambhava
mujushinkyo

Post by mujushinkyo »

Nemo wrote:I'm sorry that you are late to the game. You will have an uphill battle Andrew. IIRC KPC has both marketers and professional PR people who have gotten ahead this long before you came here. The lies have already become accepted wisdom.

I advise patience. The way out is brutal honesty. Own your dickishness. Do you think KPC can withstand an equal amount of scrutiny?

I know with Cassidy their tweets were even worse than his IMO. Especially the ones they tweeted as his dead mother. Start recording their activites so they can't keep playing the victim.

I don't think KPC would have the guts to come here to defend themselves. Explaining the malicious prosecution and telling their sponsors how much of their money for stupas and monks was funneled to it would be nice to hear though. Finances are the weak spot of your opponent.
Hey, Nemo -- I finally went to "Protecting Nyingma" to see the new cut-and-pastes of mine they've put up, and maybe I'm crazy but I was amazed that in two and a half years of constant cyberbullying of me and my friends (plus an FBI raid) they weren't able to get anything worse out of me. I seemed to remember saying much harsher stuff than that.

All they got was some ordinary idle profanity, some vague threats of possible magical consequences, and some harsh and direct rebukes mentioning the cult's record and the cult leader's legendary excesses.

And some very carefully selected "tulku" witticisms apparently put there to prove misogyny, although you could cut-and-paste different of my tulku jokes to prove misandry, or misanthropy, or even miscegenation. Honestly, I still find "Horny Squirting Tulkus!" pretty funny.

The "tulku" tweets supposedly suggesting violent threats are, of course, slightly modified lines from Kill Bill and A Fish Called Wanda.

I think my cut-and-pastes of the cult's attack tweets are much more impressive in demonstrating the mean spirited relentlessness and stupidity of these fanatics:

http://www.diamondsutrazen.blogspot.com ... error.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I didn't see anything about my supposed Black Ops training -- but then I didn't read all the text. I find David Williams' prose style to be totally unreadable.

Return to “Nyingma”