Düpa Do - The Sutra which Gathers All Intentions

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Düpa Do - The Sutra which Gathers All Intentions

Postby mmm » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:53 am

to cone: In kama dzogchen semde contains 18 rigpai calwang, longde contains vajra bridge and mengngagde empowerment of 17 tantras,which is by nature given in rather tantric style. In Dupa Do there seems to be different ways of giving it. e.g. Trulshik Rinpoche gave a specific empoweremnt name for each of the 9 yanas wang are contained in it, also it took one day for one yana. For practise they say Narag Tongdrug contains the essence of all. Or just Vajrasattva single form. Something like this is given also to keep the blessing of the whole cycle. good luck, mmm
mmm

Postby Pero » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:00 pm

mmm wrote:to cone: In kama dzogchen semde contains 18 rigpai calwang, longde contains vajra bridge and mengngagde empowerment of 17 tantras,which is by nature given in rather tantric style. In Dupa Do there seems to be different ways of giving it. e.g. Trulshik Rinpoche gave a specific empoweremnt name for each of the 9 yanas wang are contained in it, also it took one day for one yana. For practise they say Narag Tongdrug contains the essence of all. Or just Vajrasattva single form. Something like this is given also to keep the blessing of the whole cycle. good luck, mmm

So the entire initiation lasts 9 days?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby Malcolm » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Pero wrote:
mmm wrote:to cone: In kama dzogchen semde contains 18 rigpai calwang, longde contains vajra bridge and mengngagde empowerment of 17 tantras,which is by nature given in rather tantric style. In Dupa Do there seems to be different ways of giving it. e.g. Trulshik Rinpoche gave a specific empoweremnt name for each of the 9 yanas wang are contained in it, also it took one day for one yana. For practise they say Narag Tongdrug contains the essence of all. Or just Vajrasattva single form. Something like this is given also to keep the blessing of the whole cycle. good luck, mmm

Yes, it is a very long initiation.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
Malcolm

Postby Pero » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Namdrol wrote:
Pero wrote:

Yes, it is a very long initiation.

Yeah, but the retreat in Poland will last a month, so 9 days doesn't seem so much in comparison (since I'm not interested in the other teachings) and would be more easy to pull off for me.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby Clarence » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Pero wrote:Yeah, but the retreat in Poland will last a month, so 9 days doesn't seem so much in comparison (since I'm not interested in the other teachings) and would be more easy to pull off for me.

Just make sure it is really nine days. When Rinpoche gave the Rinchen Terdzod it took almost 4 months or so I heard. Penor Rinpoche gave it in two. Penor Rinpoche also gave the Dupa Do in 3 days. Dodrupchen Rinpoche gave the Nyingthig Yabzhi in a week or so. Normally it takes more time.
Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche takes his time when he gives empowerments, because of his age but also because he spends at least an hour or two teaching on what he is doing. I would check with Poland to be sure. :-)
Clarence

Postby Pero » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:59 pm

Clarence wrote:
Pero wrote:Yeah, but the retreat in Poland will last a month, so 9 days doesn't seem so much in comparison (since I'm not interested in the other teachings) and would be more easy to pull off for me.

Just make sure it is really nine days. When Rinpoche gave the Rinchen Terdzod it took almost 4 months or so I heard. Penor Rinpoche gave it in two. Penor Rinpoche also gave the Dupa Do in 3 days. Dodrupchen Rinpoche gave the Nyingthig Yabzhi in a week or so. Normally it takes more time.
Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche takes his time when he gives empowerments, because of his age but also because he spends at least an hour or two teaching on what he is doing. I would check with Poland to be sure. :-)

Wow, thanks.
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby heart » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:44 am

Talkung Tsetrul Rinpoche give incredibly detailed empowerment's and he have his translator translate all instruction, like visualizations and prayers you do with him. Quite wonderful.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby conebeckham » Thu May 03, 2012 3:26 am

That thesis linked to earlier is fascinating stuff, for anyone interested in the history of tantra's dissemination in Tibet, and in the history of Nyingma in particular. A good read....
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Postby dorje e gabbana » Thu May 24, 2012 2:01 am

Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche will give The Sutra which Gathers All Intentions, one of the four main Anuyoga Tantras, during the summer retreat during the Khordong association of Poland summer retreat 5 August - 2 September. http://www.khordong.de/Engl/Events/2012 ... t2012.html

This teaching, Dupa do, is very precious and rare to receive. Thank you very much to have posted it.
I read the web site with the program of teaching but if I have correctly undesrtood Rinpoche will give only the Text commentary to the empowerment, but no the empowerment.

Anybody can tell me if Rinpoche will give also the dupa do empowerment during the retreat?

Many Thanks
dorje e gabbana

Postby heart » Thu May 24, 2012 3:32 pm

dorje e gabbana wrote:
Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche will give The Sutra which Gathers All Intentions, one of the four main Anuyoga Tantras, during the summer retreat during the Khordong association of Poland summer retreat 5 August - 2 September. http://www.khordong.de/Engl/Events/2012 ... t2012.html

This teaching, Dupa do, is very precious and rare to receive. Thank you very much to have posted it.
I read the web site with the program of teaching but if I have correctly undesrtood Rinpoche will give only the Text commentary to the empowerment, but no the empowerment.

Anybody can tell me if Rinpoche will give also the dupa do empowerment during the retreat?

Many Thanks

I think he will, you should email them and let us know. I can't go unfortunately.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby ReasonAndRhyme » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:35 am

heart wrote:Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche will give The Sutra which Gathers All Intentions, one of the four main Anuyoga Tantras, during the summer retreat during the Khordong association of Poland summer retreat 5 August - 2 September. http://www.khordong.de/Engl/Events/2012 ... t2012.html

/magnus

The program has been changed, Rinpoche will give the 'Do 'jo'i bum bzang transmission.

I received this e-mail today:

Dear Friends in Dharma,

We would like to inform you that dates of retreat with H.H. Taklung Tsetrul
Rinpoche not change. Retreat will strats on 5 August.

But the subject of retreat changed. Rinpoche will not give the Do pa`i do
transmission, but H.H. will give us 'Do 'jo'i bum bzang transmission.

Tulku Dakpa Rinpoche wrote some words about this teachings:

'do 'jo'i bum bzang - Wish fulfilling vase
Collection of the sadhanas of the Three Roots and Dharma Protectors.

In Vajrayana there are three different major teachings - bka ma or the
oral transmission lineage, gter ma or the treasure lineage, and dag
snang the pure vision lineage. Among these this teaching belongs to
the gter ma teachings. There are many different gter mas by different
treasure finders, and this is a collection of all ancient gter ma
teachings compiled by the dharma king Terdag Lingpa, who is the
founder of Mindrolling lineage.

This teaching is a collection of the Three Roots, as well as the
Dharma Protectors from different ancient treasures. It is the essence
of all treasures, and Rinchen Terdzod is based on it. It is one of
most blessfull and important terma teachings. It includes teachings by
different treasure masters such as Rinzin Godhen, Guru Cohwang,
Nyangral Nyima Ozer, as well as the dharma king Terdag Lingpa. In this
teaching one can find many sadhanas for accomplishing the Three Roots
from different lineages of different treasure finders. It includes all
together around 53 empowerments of Lama, Yidam, Khandro and Dharma
Protectors. It is an absolutely unbroken lineage, and the essence of
all terma teachings.

Best regards from Darnków,
Management Board
"Forget about being clever, and simply remain." Guru Rinpoche, Treasures from Juniper Ridge
ReasonAndRhyme

Previous

Return to Nyingma