Yeshe Tsogyal Empowerment - question

lasirene

Yeshe Tsogyal Empowerment - question

Post by lasirene »

Hi!
In June 2012 HE Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche will give abhisheka of Yeshe Tsogyal in Poland. I know that Yeshe Tsogyal was consort of Padmasambhava and she was known as dakini.
But I have one question. I am very interested in the practice of the Dakini. Just do not know whether the practice provided by Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche is the practice of guru-yoga or deity practice (such as Vajrayogini / Vajravarahi)?
ngodrup

Re: Yeshe Tsogyal Empowerment - question

Post by ngodrup »

Dakini Yeshe Tsogyal is a dakini practice.
heart

Post by heart »

lasirene wrote:Hi!
In June 2012 HE Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche will give abhisheka of Yeshe Tsogyal in Poland. I know that Yeshe Tsogyal was consort of Padmasambhava and she was known as dakini.
But I have one question. I am very interested in the practice of the Dakini. Just do not know whether the practice provided by Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche is the practice of guru-yoga or deity practice (such as Vajrayogini / Vajravarahi)?
Within the same cycle of teachings, or even the same sadhana, it is possible to combine both Guru-yoga and deity Yoga. There are countless cycles and sadhanas on the Dakini Yeshe Tsogyal within the Nyingma tradition. Unless some particular empowerment was requested by the organizers it will be impossible to know what empowerment she will give.
Also, sometimes Dharma centers request some empowerment without the intent to actually practice the sadhana, more like a blessing. It sounds strange but I have experienced this many times while I practiced in a Karma Kagyu center many years ago. Of course I might be mistaken about this. But if this is the case there will be no translated sadhana or any teachings on how to do the practice unless you request it yourself. I just mention this so that you don't get disappointed.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
lasirene

Post by lasirene »

Thank you very much for your response. I had to know if this is a dakini practice. Now I know. Let it be a combination of guru-yoga and practice of yidam, or whatever it might be. Thank you again. :namaste:
lasirene

Post by lasirene »

You know, I practice in the Karma Kagyu lineage. One of the centers invited HE Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche to give a lecture and empowerment. A moment ago I sent an email to the organizers asking about this practice. Now I'm waiting for their reply. When I get the answer I will let you know it.
MrDistracted

Post by MrDistracted »

Hi Lasirene

Have you come across Jnanasukha and Lama Yeshe Wangmo?
http://www.jnanasukha.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The website is a great resource about Khandro Yeshe Tsogyal in general, and in particular a complete cycle of teachings called the Dakini Heart Essence. There is a monthly newsletter that you can get emailed to you if you put yourelf on the mailing list.

I know it's not going to answer your question in your original post, but I thought you might be interested, since you mentioned your interest in dakini practices. There are recent photos of Yeshe Tsogyal sacred sites in Tibet on the website aswell.
lasirene

Post by lasirene »

Wooow. Thanks :). I did not know this site. About these teachings I also did not hear anything. I begin to read that. Today I read the book "Lady of the Lotus-Born: The Life and Enlightment of Yeshe Tsogyal." I plan to read more books in the near future: "Sky Dancer. The Secret Life and Songs of the Lady Yeshe Tsogyal," "Women of Wisdom" and "Wicca, Paganism, and Tantra." I also have a book "Dakini's Warm Breath," "Tantric Techniques", "A Guide to the Deities of the Tantra" and "Vajrayogini. Her visualisations, Rituals and forms". Perhaps in these books I'll also find something.
MrDistracted

Post by MrDistracted »

Nice one.
You might add this to the list, it's just been republished:
Magic Dance: The Display of the Self-nature of the Five Wisdom Dakinis by Thinley Norbu.
lasirene

Post by lasirene »

Ok, thanks. I'll try to get this book.
lasirene

Post by lasirene »

Lama Ole Nydahl talked about Yeshe Tsogyal in the article "Red Wisdom" in the Polish magazine "Diamond Way". The article was about Dorje Phagmo and her forms. Lama said that Yeshie Khandro is a trouble-free woman that everyone wants to know. Her naked body is decorated with flowers, because she expresses a basic female energy.
Jeszcze inną formą jest Jeszie Khandro, bezproblemowa kobieta, którą każdy chciałby poznać. Jej nagie ciało zdobią tylko kwiaty, gdyż wyraża ona podstawową żeńską energię.
TenzinDorje

Post by TenzinDorje »

I'm not sure where you reside so I don't know how accessible this is for you (in Iowa). Saraswati Bhawan has many practitioners that are actively practicing Yeshe Tsogyal.

The Yeshe Tsogyal Empowerment is provided by Lama Dawa Chodak and there are regular retreats at the Riverview Dharma Center for solo practitioners.
lasirene

Post by lasirene »

Thank you. :anjali: For now, this is not available to me. I live in Poland now, studying here. But who knows what the future holds ... But thank you for your message. Perhaps in the future, I use this.
Mariusz

Post by Mariusz »

lasirene wrote:Hi!
Perhaps this initiation will be the same as in 1998 was in Grabnik. According to a notes it was yidam "The great mother" (Junga) Rigdzin Chenpo from a terma of Jigme Lingpa. The form of the dakini is standing with curved knife and damaru as you see here http://benchen.org.pl/images/phocagalle ... cze_10.jpg .
After it Rinpoche presented short guru-yoga sadhana of 16-old Yeshe Tsogyal. Powodzenia:)
ngodrup

Post by ngodrup »

It likely is Longchen Nyingtik, I was guessing she'd be giving Dechen Gyalmo.
lasirene

Post by lasirene »

Thank you very much :namaste: . Do you know whether to perform this sadhana you need some ritual objects?
If I understand correctly, it will be a meditation on the white form of Yeshe Tsogyal. I like that :).
MrDistracted

Post by MrDistracted »

Hi Lasirene

You could email here for info : [email protected]

This is Khandro Rinpoche's organisation. I see that Khandro Rinpoche is offering the Yeshe Tsogyal empowerment elsewhere in here European tour, so they should have all the info that you need, if you can't get it from your local centre.
Mariusz

Post by Mariusz »

lasirene wrote:Thank you very much :namaste: . Do you know whether to perform this sadhana you need some ritual objects?
If I understand correctly, it will be a meditation on the white form of Yeshe Tsogyal. I like that :).
The guru yoga I mentioned above is a simple few pages guru yoga with the recitation of the mantra of Yeshe Tsogyal for everyone initiated. Here Yeshe Tsogyal is tibetan dressed in front of you, so no need for self-generation or some ritual objects. In contrast, the Yidam in the picture with HE Khandro Rinpoche belongs to Inner Tantra System of Nyingma where generation and completion stages with Dzogchen are practiced. For such practices you need traditionally first complete ngondro and so on.
lasirene

Post by lasirene »

Ok, I sent them an email. The Polish organizers said that for now they not have any information on this empowerment. So I'm waiting for response from lotusgardens.org.
MrDistracted

Post by MrDistracted »

Also it may well be the case that Rinpoche has not yet decided which Yeshe Tsogyal empowerment to give, or has not told anyone, so you may be searching for information that no one has :smile:
Lingpupa

Post by Lingpupa »

MrDistracted wrote:you may be searching for information that no one has
So... situation normal again. :popcorn:
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."

Return to “Nyingma”