Vajrapani in Dudjom Tersar

dakini_boi

Vajrapani in Dudjom Tersar

Post by dakini_boi »

Does anyone know if there's a Vajrapani practice commonly done in the Dudjom Tersar (and translated into English)?
Yontan

Re: Vajrapani in Dudjom Tersar

Post by Yontan »

Only one I know of is the rta phyag khyung gsum, which is Vajrapania with Hayagriva and Black Garuda. Not sure about a translation, but if you are able to get the empowerment, those there should point you in the right direction.
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Yontan wrote:Only one I know of is the rta phyag khyung gsum, which is Vajrapania with Hayagriva and Black Garuda. Not sure about a translation, but if you are able to get the empowerment, those there should point you in the right direction.
Those who have received the Dudjom Tersar Ta Chag Khyung Sum empowerment, lung, and instructions can easily purchase the daily practice sadhana (which is in both Tibetan and English) from Vimalatreasures.org.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Yes there is a short daily Vajrapani practice from Dudjom Rinpoche. There may be a more elaborate version but the one I'm familiar with is quite concise. This is just Vajrapani, not the rta phyag khyung gsum the others have referenced. You need the proper transmission. It is closely related with the Dorje Gotrab. I am sure any Dudjom Tersar Lama would be able to give it to you, if they think it appropriate for you to practice. There is no use in trying to find a text of this without the transmission, fyi.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha

Return to “Nyingma”