YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

Hello(originial title eh?) - Dhamma Wheel

Hello(originial title eh?)

Introduce yourself to others at Dhamma Wheel.
general0bvious

Hello(originial title eh?)

Postby general0bvious » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:40 am

Hello everyone! I'm a dude from Sweden, walking the path(and falling off sometimes :P). Buddhism is not new to me, since I used to practice it but stopped a few months ago(had only practiced for a few months before that) for some reason I can't even recall anymore! And that was terrible. I sank down into a state where I chased after one material pleasure after another, trying to force away the depression and anxiety that was steadily marching towards me. In the end I was so depressed that I considered ending my life(or doing drugs). I had obviously learned nothing from the first time around.
Really weird, since I feel that theravada-buddhism is the right path for me. But now I'm back on track, with a serious commitment to keep my practice on a healthy level! And I'm already a much happier person. Calmer and more kind as well, both towards myself and the people around me. So I've learned the hard way just how different life is with and without Buddhism :)

I'm looking forward to learn more and more and take my practice to new levels, and of course to take part in the interesting discussions here!
And I must say, this is the first forum that I've come across where pretty much every single topic holds some interesting information. I started out with a little more than 6 tabs and thanks to all the linking to accesstoinsight.com and other interesting resources, I have hours of reading material in front of me, so don't expect me to start any new topics in the near future, I'll be busy going through this vast amount of resources.

Metta,
general0bvious
Last edited by general0bvious on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

bodom

Re: Hello(originial title eh?)

Postby bodom » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:47 am

Welcome!

:anjali:
To study is to know the texts,
To practice is to know your defilements,
To attain the goal is to know and let go.

- Ajahn Lee Dhammadharo

With mindfulness immersed in the body
well established, restrained
with regard to the six media of contact,
always centered, the monk
can know Unbinding for himself.

- Ud 3.5

https://www.dhammatalks.org/index.html
http://www.ajahnchah.org/

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: Hello(originial title eh?)

Postby retrofuturist » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:53 am

Greetings,

Original title - somewhat obvious. ;)

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel.

:buddha2:

Metta,
Retro. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead" - Thomas Paine

Return to “Introductions”