Have you heard about Jatson Rinpoche ?

Sönam

Have you heard about Jatson Rinpoche ?

Post by Sönam »

Dashang Kagyu Ling, in Bourgogne France, is programming a teaching of Jatson Rinpoché in july on "tchetsun Nyingthig" http://www.mille-bouddhas.com/article.p ... rticle=858. Does anyone knows about him. I try to investigate, and I did'nt found anything about that "Rinpoché" ... more, Dashang Kagyu Ling says that he is an emanation of one of the 25th disciple of Guru Rinpoche ... but if one goes on http://www.palyul.org/eng_biotulku_dhrakmar.htm one can read that there is a Terton Rigzin Jatson, but in relation with Pema Jigme Wangdrag Thutob Gonpo.

Thank you for your help
Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
narraboth

Re: Have you heard about Jatson Rinpoche ?

Post by narraboth »

http://www.hwayue.org.tw/act/26th_Kagyu ... 090111.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It seems that he is the one who offer madala in the picture in 26th Kagyu Monlam?
Karmapa mentioned: 'Thanks to donors leaded by Jatson Rinpoche...'

That's all I can find for now :)
you can contact Kagyu masters see if they know him.
Sönam wrote:Dashang Kagyu Ling, in Bourgogne France, is programming a teaching of Jatson Rinpoché in july on "tchetsun Nyingthig" http://www.mille-bouddhas.com/article.p ... rticle=858. Does anyone knows about him. I try to investigate, and I did'nt found anything about that "Rinpoché" ... more, Dashang Kagyu Ling says that he is an emanation of one of the 25th disciple of Guru Rinpoche ... but if one goes on http://www.palyul.org/eng_biotulku_dhrakmar.htm one can read that there is a Terton Rigzin Jatson, but in relation with Pema Jigme Wangdrag Thutob Gonpo.

Thank you for your help
Sönam
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

merci narraboth ...

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

It seems no one have heard about him. Another transcription of his name is Rigzin Jatseun Rinpoche.
The two centers Mille Bouddhas in Bourgogne and Huy in Belgium have no more informations regarding him ... it is not usual not to know the lineage and others on any Rinpoché ... and I know that in term of organisation, some centers do not give, sometime, enough time (maybe they don't have) to validate who is who.

It would be harmful for the Dharma to have a (another) problem regarding unknown masters giving teaching in France ...

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Sorry, never heard of him either, but if you're able to find out he's legit, receiving Khyentse Wangpo's Chetsun Nyingthig would be an incredible opportunity.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

still no answers, from no one ... no one seems to know him. Waiting for the answer of His Holiness's Office.

It could be an opportunity ... if the transmission lineage has been respected. And I won't take such a risk !

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Sönam wrote:still no answers, from no one ... no one seems to know him. Waiting for the answer of His Holiness's Office.

It could be an opportunity ... if the transmission lineage has been respected. And I won't take such a risk !

Sönam

Sonam, there are some great Nyingma lineage teachers right there in France, I think they could be asked about this Lama because if he is authentic I think they would know of him. For instance ask Lama Tenzin Samphel or Tulku Pema Wangyal, if they didn't know anything about him I think it would be unusual if he is a reincarnation of a Terton. I think this would be a better bet than asking the Karmapa's office at this point, -especially since they seem quite preoccupied at the moment.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

If the person who holded madala in Kagyu Monlam 2007-8 photos was him, I don't think he would be a fake lama.

OK, I personally think the question is: whom you want to recieve this one of the highest Dzogchen empowerment from?

Chetsen Nyingthig is in Rinchen Terdzo, so I think he should have the lineage; and if he is a qualified lama, he should know what he is doing. So I guess the higher chance is that it would be a qualified empowerment.

However, as said this empowerment is very high, supposed to be very secret, and the students need to have strong faith to him. Although normally we say root guru means those who indicated rigpa for us, Jigmelingpa said those who give you Dzogchen empowerment, transmission and instruction should be considered as root guru too.

For this reason, if you decide to get this from him, you will have a very strong link with him, stronger than other empowerments you have got. So do try very hard to ask, make phone call to centers in europe, UK, india or even taiwan, ask all Kagyu lama (because I guess he is mainly a Kagyupa, probably not many Nyingmapa know him) you can access to confirm. Don't get the empowerment blindly. If you got a satisfying answer, take him as your very precious guru.

Ofcourse, some people do take Dzogchen empowerment as 'just an empowerment'. But I am not sure how much more benefits they can get with this kind of attitude.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

narraboth wrote:ask all Kagyu lama (because I guess he is mainly a Kagyupa, probably not many Nyingmapa know him)

If he is an emanation of one of the 25 heart disciples of Guru Rinpoche and also the reincarnation of a Terton whose Terma is collected in the Rinchen Terzod then Nyingma Lama's should know who he is.
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Thank you both of you, I will follow the Nyingma approach proposed by Adamantine.

Regarding "he should be a great master for it is a very secret teaching/empowerment", that is not enough, last year in France came up a similar "Rinpoché". At the last minute the teacher have been replaced by Namkha Rinpoche.

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Sönam wrote:Thank you both of you, I will follow the Nyingma approach proposed by Adamantine.

Regarding "he should be a great master for it is a very secret teaching/empowerment", that is not enough, last year in France came up a similar "Rinpoché". At the last minute the teacher have been replaced by Namkha Rinpoche.

Sönam
Why was he replaced?
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Because he was not what he pretended to be ...
- Longchen Rabjam -
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

What did he pretend to be?
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

Adamantine wrote:
narraboth wrote:ask all Kagyu lama (because I guess he is mainly a Kagyupa, probably not many Nyingmapa know him)

If he is an emanation of one of the 25 heart disciples of Guru Rinpoche and also the reincarnation of a Terton whose Terma is collected in the Rinchen Terzod then Nyingma Lama's should know who he is.
oh, i am not sure about that. that's not the way how Tibetan recognising system works. To recognise someone as a terton's emenation, the lineage leader doesn't need to inform Nyingma's leader. It's basically every lineage's own busniess.

If the recognition was from Karmapa or other kagyu leaders given to an originally Kagyu monk, it's still a real recognition, but probably not every Nyingmapa will know. It's actually very common in Tibetan Buddhism. There is a Rinpoche newly recognised by Garje Khamtrul Rinpoche, then confirmed by HHDL, the lama/rinpoche is belonged to drukpa Kagyu lineage so in the end it's Gyalwang Drukpa enthroned him, I don't think any Nyingma monastery was informed so if you ask someone in Palyul monastery I doubt they will know.

Anyway, I think he is mainly a Kagyupa, otherwise he won't be in Kagyu Monlam, he will be in Nyingma Monlam.
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

Sönam wrote:Thank you both of you, I will follow the Nyingma approach proposed by Adamantine.

Sönam
Namkha Rinpoche... anyone knows much about him?
heart

Post by heart »

narraboth wrote:

Sönam
He is the guy that recognized the American that calls himself "Traktrung Rinpoche" long time ago, afterward they had a falling out. This isn't the greatest story I heard about a Rinpoche but I have an other problem with this Namkha Rinpoche and that is that he support the false Chokling tulku that calls himself "Chokling Jigme Palden Rinpoche". "False" might sound harsh but this is what the lineage holders say.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

heart wrote:
narraboth wrote:

Sönam
He is the guy that recognized the American that calls himself "Traktrung Rinpoche" long time ago, afterward they had a falling out. This isn't the greatest story I heard about a Rinpoche but I have an other problem with this Namkha Rinpoche and that is that he support the false Chokling tulku that calls himself "Chokling Jigme Palden Rinpoche". "False" might sound harsh but this is what the lineage holders say.

/magnus
Really? I never heard of CJPR, but then Chokling is not my practice lineage.. Did a quick google and rigpa wiki says "Rinpoche’s supreme root teachers, H.H. 16th Gyalwa Karmapa Rangjung Rigpé Dorje, H.H. Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche (Vajradhara in person), H.H. the 2nd Adzom Drugpa Rinpoche/Thubten Pema Trinley (1921-2001) and H.H. Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche, Tenzin Gyaltsen, head of the Taklung lineage, all recognized in their same supreme wisdom that he is the incarnation of Chokgyur Lingpa."

heart

Post by heart »

Adamantine wrote:
Really? I never heard of CJPR, but then Chokling is not my practice lineage.. Did a quick google and rigpa wiki says "Rinpoche’s supreme root teachers, H.H. 16th Gyalwa Karmapa Rangjung Rigpé Dorje, H.H. Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche (Vajradhara in person), H.H. the 2nd Adzom Drugpa Rinpoche/Thubten Pema Trinley (1921-2001) and H.H. Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche, Tenzin Gyaltsen, head of the Taklung lineage, all recognized in their same supreme wisdom that he is the incarnation of Chokgyur Lingpa."

Yes, really. Of course I have no capacity to know these things but this is what I been told.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

heart wrote:
Adamantine wrote:

Yes, really. Of course I have no capacity to know these things but this is what I been told.

/magnus
But was he not really recognized by HH Karmapa, HH DKR, Tsetrul Rinpoche, etc. like the rigpa wiki says?.
heart

Post by heart »

Adamantine wrote:
heart wrote:
Adamantine wrote:

/magnus
But was he not really recognized by HH Karmapa, HH DKR, Tsetrul Rinpoche, etc. like the rigpa wiki says?.
No, he was a layperson, working in a bank in Switzerland, that did a retreat in Parping and came out of it sure of being a Chokling tulku I have been told. If you look at the history on the Rigpa wiki you will find these removed comments:

"lived for 23 years at Asura Cave. I was living there for the entire time that this man was doing his retreat there. Some of the statements which have been made in the article are absolutely false."

"Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche never came to visit this man at Asura Cave. Nor did he recognize him as an incarnate. This man is a charlatan and a fraud. Most of the things stated in the article are fabrications."

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Nyingma”