Travel to Shechen

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Travel to Shechen

Postby JohnJigmeHeimrShmidt » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:19 am

Hello all!

I have interest in traveling to Shechen monastery in Boudha, Nepal sometime in the near future and am looking for advice from any of you who have either been there (or currently live in Kathmandu).

I am looking to receive the transmission of the Longchen Nyingtik Ngondro. Would any of the Shechen lamas be available to give such a transmission? I understand that it is a shedra, so primarily for monks, but am curious as to how accessible the lamas and khenpos would be to lay visitor such as myself both for this transmission and English teachings, if they are typically given.

Also, I would be job searching in Kathmandu, so a longer stay could be in the works.

Any advice you may have would be greatly appreciated.

John
JohnJigmeHeimrShmidt

Re: Travel to Shechen

Postby pink » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:06 pm

If you traval in winter you could even meet Shechen rabjam Rinpoche and Khentse yangtse Rinpoche, Some time Khenchen Pema Sherab there. Yearly Khenchen Pema Sherab use to give very deep vajrayana teaching for a month there. there are also Trulku Rinzin Pema, Jangling Rinpoche , Ajom Gyaltse Rinpoche and several other Khenpos who is available all the time. Best of luck.
pink

Return to Nyingma