Dorje Drollo

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Dorje Drollo

Postby swampflower » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:22 am

I have several questions regarding the Dorje Drollo Wrathful Padmasambhava practice.
Unfortunately I live far from my Guru so I may ask my questions here if that will be appropriate.
:namaste:
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
swampflower

Re: Dorje Drollo

Postby Mr. G » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:03 am

Hi swampflower,

Please go right ahead. I'm sure the members here know what they can and cannot speak about on this practice. :namaste:
    How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Postby swampflower » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:34 pm

- edit.

Hi swampflower, I think I spoke to soon as I thought you were going to ask general questions about the practice. A question on the nuances of a sadhana may an issue to discuss openly. If you'd like, I'll consult with the admins before you repost your question. Sorry about that. - Mr. Gordo
swampflower

Postby Mr. G » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Hi swampflower,

I've submitted your question to the Admins to see if we can proceed. Sorry for the inconvenience. :namaste:
    How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Postby swampflower » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:18 pm

OK sorry for overstepping boundaries.
I have received transmission so perhaps a response could be made through private message?
swampflower

Postby Mr. G » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:42 pm

swampflower wrote:OK sorry for overstepping boundaries.
I have received transmission so perhaps a response could be made through private message?

Hi swampflower,

No, not a problem. I think it was a miscommunication on my end. I sent you a PM. If there are members who are knowledgeable in the form of Drollo you are practicing, I'm sure they can PM to help you.

Perhaps you can post which Drollo practice you are doing so others are aware. :smile:
    How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Postby swampflower » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:16 pm

My thanks again.
I expanded my consciousness using the Google practice and found some valuable insights. :smile:
I practice the Inner Guru - Dorje Drollo of the Younge terma or the Copper-Tube transmission.
:buddha1: :buddha1: :buddha1:
swampflower

Postby swampflower » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:03 pm

I have a more general question. about Dorje Drollo practice.
When concentrating on foes, enemies, and demons I consider them as my kleshas such as fear, doubt, anger, hatred, greed, ignorance, and ego clinging. I view these as inner demons.
What are examples of outer demons?
swampflower

Postby Mr. G » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:38 pm

How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Postby Josef » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:14 pm

swampflower wrote:My thanks again.
I expanded my consciousness using the Google practice and found some valuable insights. :smile:
I practice the Inner Guru - Dorje Drollo of the Younge terma or the Copper-Tube transmission.

Hi Swamp,
This Dorje Drollo practice is a part of my daily commitments.
Feel free to pm me if you would like.
n
Josef

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Nangwa wrote:
swampflower wrote:My thanks again.

Hi Swamp,
This Dorje Drollo practice is a part of my daily commitments.
Feel free to pm me if you would like.
n

Great, I'm glad you two connected :smile:

Best,
Laura
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Postby narraboth » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:27 am

swampflower wrote:I have a more general question. about Dorje Drollo practice.
When concentrating on foes, enemies, and demons I consider them as my kleshas such as fear, doubt, anger, hatred, greed, ignorance, and ego clinging. I view these as inner demons.
What are examples of outer demons?

hi, outer demons can be evil spirits or beings, or it can be beings 'with ten untoleratable behaviors.'

but actually outer demons are just inner kleshas' injected mirror image; as one terma said, five poisons correlate to five demons, such as attachment and greed link to poisonus Nagas etc.
narraboth

Postby kirtu » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:09 pm

narraboth wrote:but actually outer demons are just inner kleshas' injected mirror image; as one terma said, five poisons correlate to five demons, such as attachment and greed link to poisonus Nagas etc.

That's something HH Thinley Norbu said: the five poisons if indulged in become the five demons but in reality they are the five wisdoms.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Postby mmm » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:36 pm

Dear friends, i was looking for some teachings on Guru Dorje Drollo but I was unable to find any free teachings on the web, I mean general teachings on the meaning of the practice. It doesnt seem to be easily available.
thank you, good bye, mmm
mmm

Postby swampflower » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:30 pm

mmm wrote:Dear friends, i was looking for some teachings on Guru Dorje Drollo but I was unable to find any free teachings on the web, I mean general teachings on the meaning of the practice. It doesnt seem to be easily available.
thank you, good bye, mmm

Dorje Drolo is a wrathful manifestation of Guru Padmasambavha who uses great compassion to bring the teachings of Dharma to sentient beings.
swampflower

Postby Mr. G » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:36 pm

mmm wrote:Dear friends, i was looking for some teachings on Guru Dorje Drollo but I was unable to find any free teachings on the web, I mean general teachings on the meaning of the practice. It doesnt seem to be easily available.
thank you, good bye, mmm

Yes, surprisingly in the information age we live in, there are still some things that can't be gotten on the web....though this may be a good thing. :smile:

There is actually a book detailing some of the history of the drolo lineage described in this thread (Kagyu), but the name escapes me now.
    How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Postby swampflower » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:37 pm

thank you, good bye, mmm

I must also include that Dorje Drolo combines great compassion with deep insight/wisdom. This allows us to crush our demons of ignorance.
swampflower

Postby username » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Kyabje Thrinly Norbu is right, 5 Poisons are the 5 wisdoms.
http://www.samyeling.org/index/the-5-buddha-families-talk-3
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
username

Postby username » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:39 am

Transmuting Emotions by Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
http://www.prairiesangha.org/articles/displayArticles.cfm?ID=165
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
username

Postby username » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:26 am

Life as Cinema (Vajrayana's Transformations)-Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
http://www.shambhalasun.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=&id=2043&Itemid=0&limit=9&limitstart=765
username

Next

Return to Nyingma