Ngakpa International - Vajrayana Training

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Ngakpa International - Vajrayana Training

Postby Khechara » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Greetings everyone. Are there any Dharma brothers and sisters who could shed some light on the Ngakpa International's online course on Vajrayana? A friend of mine wishes to enroll for the course and wants some reviews from others who have studied the same.

Thank you

https://ngakpa.org/vajrayana-training/
Khechara

Re: Ngakpa International - Vajrayana Training

Postby Karma Dorje » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:11 pm

Khechara wrote:Greetings everyone. Are there any Dharma brothers and sisters who could shed some light on the Ngakpa International's online course on Vajrayana? A friend of mine wishes to enroll for the course and wants some reviews from others who have studied the same.

Thank you

https://ngakpa.org/vajrayana-training/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See this thread about Pema Khandro/Troma Rinpoche/Kalima:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=16819" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She is certainly controversial compared to other online programs such as Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche's Dharma Sun or FPMT. I would be cautious.
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."
~Arthur Carlson
Karma Dorje

Postby Jikan » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:17 pm

Is anyone familiar with the teacher, Pema Khandro? I remember a long-ago discussion on e-sangha about a yogini based in Nevada City, California, USA (or Grass Valley, right next door) with some similarities.

To me the first question is if the teacher behind this program is qualified & capable of leading students through such a program.
Jikan
Site Admin

Postby Khechara » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:40 pm

Karma Dorje wrote:
Khechara wrote:Greetings everyone. Are there any Dharma brothers and sisters who could shed some light on the Ngakpa International's online course on Vajrayana? A friend of mine wishes to enroll for the course and wants some reviews from others who have studied the same.

Thank you

https://ngakpa.org/vajrayana-training/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See this thread about Pema Khandro/Troma Rinpoche/Kalima:

http://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=16819" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

She is certainly controversial compared to other online programs such as Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche's Dharma Sun or FPMT. I would be cautious.

Thank you so much, my friend. I had my doubts over this 'lama' and that's why I wasn't in favour of agreeing with my friend's interest in her course. That's why I wanted to get some reviews about the Ngakpa International's expensive online program (they charge $108/month!) before asking my friend to go ahead with it. Thanks for recommeding Choki Nyima Rinpoche's Dharma Sun. I will look into this course.
Khechara

Postby Khechara » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:41 pm

Jikan wrote: To me the first question is if the teacher behind this program is qualified & capable of leading students through such a program.

I have the same question, Jikan. Would like to know more about this woman and her qualification as a lama.
Khechara

Postby conebeckham » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:58 pm

She's gone by many names, and morphed through many transformations, but the one over-riding element of stability is her interest in marketing herself.

I will say no more.
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Postby Jikan » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:59 pm

Karma Dorje anticipated my thinking. I think that's the same person.
Jikan
Site Admin

Postby tingdzin » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:00 am

She and her teachers were discussed on the previous incarnation of this board. I personally have met her and found her interesting as a person, but her formal credentials cannot even be called weak.
tingdzin

Postby orgyen jigmed » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:38 pm

Thank you

https://ngakpa.org/vajrayana-training/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best to ask a High Lama
"If the aspiration for enlightenment is your motivation in coming to see me, there is no remedy except meditative practice. I, too, will only practice." - Zurpoche Sakya Jungne
orgyen jigmed

Return to Nyingma