Abt Rinchen Terzod

Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod

Postby pensum » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:13 pm

Karma Jinpa wrote:Indeed. I do sincerely wonder if any of it will be webcast live, though. I've already emailed the gompa, so perhaps I should ask... Would you be interested in that?

Well done. i'd certainly be interested. Bechen Gompa has been somewhat progressive in sharing photos and videos of Tenga Rinpoche in tukdam, so they might just be open to streaming empowerments. Definitely worth asking.
pensum

Postby Karma Jinpa » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:21 pm

Yeah, I do seem to remember photos of him. Didn't realize that was "progressive," but that's good to know. Will email them and let you know what they say. Thus far I only know that there's no tuition (so it'll be donation-based) and that Benchen Vihar (their guesthouse) has been booked for months, so I won't be able to stay there for the duration.
"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, it happens that a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་རཱ་ག་ཨ་སྱ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།
ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

:namaste:
Karma Jinpa

Postby pensum » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:36 pm

Karma Jinpa wrote:Yeah, I do seem to remember photos of him. Didn't realize that was "progressive," but that's good to know. Will email them and let you know what they say. Thus far I only know that there's no tuition (so it'll be donation-based) and that Benchen Vihar (their guesthouse) has been booked for months, so I won't be able to stay there for the duration.

Don't worry about where to stay, when Chokling Rp. gave the Chokling Tersar empowerments at Bechen, i drove from Bodha everyday for the entire 6 weeks in order to attend, and there are lots of guesthouses etc. closer so you'll be fine.
pensum

Postby pensum » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:09 pm

Karma Jinpa wrote:Indeed. I do sincerely wonder if any of it will be webcast live, though. I've already emailed the gompa, so perhaps I should ask... Would you be interested in that?

Looking through the contents, a large part is just reading transmissions of commentaries and teachings, as receiving lungs by live stream is not as debatable as receiving empowerments in the same manner, perhaps you could find out if they would be willing to at least stream those lungs. I will see if i can contact my connections at Bechen and encourage it as well.
pensum

Postby heart » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:32 pm

pensum wrote:

Looking through the contents, a large part is just reading transmissions of commentaries and teachings, as receiving lungs by live stream is not as debatable as receiving empowerments in the same manner, perhaps you could find out if they would be willing to at least stream those lungs. I will see if i can contact my connections at Bechen and encourage it as well.

Great idea, I would really like to have the "lung" for the Nyingma part.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby Karma Jinpa » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:53 pm

I've asked about streaming the event, and just the lung if he objects to the whole thing being webcast. Will let you know what I hear, though I realized that most of my correspondence has been with the vihar, rather than the gompa itself.

That means your connections may prove more valuable in this case, Pensum. Do let us know what you find out, as I may have budgeted poorly and might need to take advantage of streaming myself if money proves tighter than expected...
:broke:
"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, it happens that a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

Karma Jinpa

Postby pensum » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:17 pm

Okay, i'll make some queries and let you know. May take a while for the communications to all connect, so hang in there.
pensum

Postby Karma Jinpa » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:41 pm

I just realized that the 3 of us totally hijacked this thread. :tongue:

Should we split it to another topic?

ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

Karma Jinpa

Postby conebeckham » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:51 pm

pensum wrote:

Although it's true that there are a lot of lungs, there are quite a few empowerments as well, and the empowerements in this collection are pretty "major." I can't imagine them webcasting the wangs.
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Postby Sherab » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:39 am

Update:
https://www.facebook.com/ck.chang.10/po ... 8378627763" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"(转自师兄微信)以前,其他仁波切要三、四个月才能灌完的《大宝伏藏》灌顶,洛呷仁波切为了照顾求法众生的种种不便,不辞辛苦的仅仅用了26天灌完,也打破了他前几次的纪录。其美堪布问他辛不辛苦?仁波切回答:一点也没有感觉辛苦。仁波切无比的慈悲与愿力,已然达到忘我境界。感动,感恩![玫瑰][玫瑰][玫瑰]"

HH Lhoga Rinpoche has completed the Rinchen Terzod empowerment. It took 26 days, the shortest time that he has ever taken.
The program apparently started very early in the morning (5:30am) and ended in the night.
Sherab

Postby Sherab » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:37 am

Sherab wrote:Update:
https://www.facebook.com/ck.chang.10/po ... 8378627763" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"(转自师兄微信)以前,其他仁波切要三、四个月才能灌完的《大宝伏藏》灌顶,洛呷仁波切为了照顾求法众生的种种不便,不辞辛苦的仅仅用了26天灌完,也打破了他前几次的纪录。其美堪布问他辛不辛苦?仁波切回答:一点也没有感觉辛苦。仁波切无比的慈悲与愿力,已然达到忘我境界。感动,感恩![玫瑰][玫瑰][玫瑰]"

HH Lhoga Rinpoche has completed the Rinchen Terzod empowerment. It took 26 days, the shortest time that he has ever taken.
The program apparently started very early in the morning (5:30am) and ended in the night.

Oral transmission will end only 4 to 5 days later.
Sherab

Previous

Return to Nyingma