Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:10 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:09 am
Posts: 6
Does anyone know about any Rinchen Terzod wang that may take place this year, or in a near future? I really want to receive it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 630
Only rarely given.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:12 pm
Posts: 354
Also it takes a long time. When it was given at Mindrolling in 2008-9 it took 5 months. So best to prepare your life accordingly for when the opportunity does arise for you to receive it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:28 am
Posts: 806
HH Lhoga Rinpoche, 84th throne holder of Kathok Monastery, will be giving the Rinchen Terdzod empowerment in the month of June this year at Chamo Monastery in Ma Er Kang county, Aba prefecture, Sichuan province in China. I don't think there will be any translation facility.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:14 pm
Posts: 854
How long will it take?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:28 am
Posts: 806
Sherlock wrote:
How long will it take?

A month, maybe a little longer. Oral transmission is included, but I don't know who will be giving the oral transmission.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:14 pm
Posts: 854
That's pretty short. Do you know what dates precisely?

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:28 am
Posts: 806
Sherlock wrote:
That's pretty short. Do you know what dates precisely?

Thanks

Starting date is 3 June 2014.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:09 am
Posts: 6
i think it takes at least 3 months to confer Rinchen Terdzod wang ^^ I really hope that there will be Rinchen Terdzoz wanglung in India or Nepal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:28 am
Posts: 806
yeshi wrote:
i think it takes at least 3 months to confer Rinchen Terdzod wang ^^ I really hope that there will be Rinchen Terdzoz wanglung in India or Nepal.

HH Lhoga Rinpoche has given the Rinchen Terdzod a number of times and 1 month or slightly more is all he need to complete the entire set of empowerments.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:09 am
Posts: 6
Sherab wrote:
yeshi wrote:
i think it takes at least 3 months to confer Rinchen Terdzod wang ^^ I really hope that there will be Rinchen Terdzoz wanglung in India or Nepal.

HH Lhoga Rinpoche has given the Rinchen Terdzod a number of times and 1 month or slightly more is all he need to complete the entire set of empowerments.


wonderful! did u ever receive this from Kyabje Lhoga Rinpoche?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:28 am
Posts: 806
yeshi wrote:
Sherab wrote:
yeshi wrote:
i think it takes at least 3 months to confer Rinchen Terdzod wang ^^ I really hope that there will be Rinchen Terdzoz wanglung in India or Nepal.

HH Lhoga Rinpoche has given the Rinchen Terdzod a number of times and 1 month or slightly more is all he need to complete the entire set of empowerments.


wonderful! did u ever receive this from Kyabje Lhoga Rinpoche?

No, I've not taken the Rinchen Terdzod.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:10 pm
Posts: 34
Hi I was in Mindrolling in Rinchen terdzo when HH Takluing Tsetrul Rinpoche gave it in 2008-9. It can be given in simple way like for example Penor Rinpoche gave it in Namdroling in south India in 2001, which took 2 month. Then medium length and then elaborate, which was the case of Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche gave it in MIndrolling 1978 and again HH Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche in 2008-9 giving wang and Namkhai Nyingpo Rinpoche giving lung. It took 5 month - lung was given daily 7-1130 and wang 1 to 7 pm. It is good to know some tibetan otherwise you loose much of the teachings transmitted. There is a rumor Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche wants to confer it all in English, maybe its tru or not I dont know. Some time ago it was given by Situ Rinpoche in Sherabling, and by Namkha Drime Rinpoche in Orrisa, also by Kathok Moktsa somewhere in Nepal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 2808
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Just to add to the thread, Kyabje Yangthang Rinpoche gave the whole RTD here in the Bay Area a while back.....it took, what, three months or so? There was a fair amount of English "Commentary" involved, I think...I only attended one day, but it was a good day!

_________________
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:19 pm
Posts: 460
If anyone wants to receive this wang but can't find where it's being given in India/Nepal, you should know that Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche will be giving the Dam Ngak Dzod ---one of Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche's other treasuries --- in Kathmandu, Nepal from October 8 to December 6, 2014.

http://www.benchen.org/en/monastery-nep ... ns-in-2014


The Dam Ngak Dzod includes a good deal of Nyingma/Dzogchen empowerments & transmissions, though obviously not as much or all the same things as the Rinchen Ter Dzod. In the DNgDz, volumes 1 and 2 are entirely focused on Nyingma/Dzogchen teachings, though traditionally these are given last and the Kadampa teachings are given first.

Here's a list of the contents: http://gdamsngagmdzod.tsadra.org/index. ... ngag_mdzod

_________________
"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, it happens that a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་རཱ་ག་ཨ་སྱ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།
ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།


:namaste:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:12 pm
Posts: 354
Karma Jinpa wrote:
If anyone wants to receive this wang but can't find where it's being given in India/Nepal, you should know that Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche will be giving the Dam Ngak Dzod ---one of Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche's other treasuries --- in Kathmandu, Nepal from October 8 to December 6, 2014.

http://www.benchen.org/en/monastery-nep ... ns-in-2014


If anyone is going, could you please record it and send me a copy so that i can receive everything at my leisure? thanks. :coffee:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm
Posts: 3142
pensum wrote:
Karma Jinpa wrote:
If anyone wants to receive this wang but can't find where it's being given in India/Nepal, you should know that Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche will be giving the Dam Ngak Dzod ---one of Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche's other treasuries --- in Kathmandu, Nepal from October 8 to December 6, 2014.

http://www.benchen.org/en/monastery-nep ... ns-in-2014


If anyone is going, could you please record it and send me a copy so that i can receive everything at my leisure? thanks. :coffee:


:smile:

/magnus

_________________
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:19 pm
Posts: 460
pensum wrote:
Karma Jinpa wrote:
If anyone wants to receive this wang but can't find where it's being given in India/Nepal, you should know that Sangye Nyenpa Rinpoche will be giving the Dam Ngak Dzod ---one of Jamgon Kongtrul Rinpoche's other treasuries --- in Kathmandu, Nepal from October 8 to December 6, 2014.

http://www.benchen.org/en/monastery-nep ... ns-in-2014


If anyone is going, could you please record it and send me a copy so that i can receive everything at my leisure? thanks. :coffee:


Unfortunately for you, Garchen Rinpoche won't be giving it, so no... :stirthepot: :rules: :tongue:

_________________
"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, it happens that a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་རཱ་ག་ཨ་སྱ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།
ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།


:namaste:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:12 pm
Posts: 354
Karma Jinpa wrote:
Unfortunately for you, Garchen Rinpoche won't be giving it, so no... :stirthepot: :rules: :tongue:


hehe… that was just too good of an opportunity to pass up giving everyone a chuckle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Abt Rinchen Terzod
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:19 pm
Posts: 460
Indeed. I do sincerely wonder if any of it will be webcast live, though. I've already emailed the gompa, so perhaps I should ask... Would you be interested in that?

_________________
"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, it happens that a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་རཱ་ག་ཨ་སྱ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།
ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།


:namaste:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group