Yangsi Penor Rinpoche found!

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Penor Rinpoche Yangsi

Postby Glyn » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:27 pm

Has anyone heard anything about this?

I suspect that soon there will be an announcement about the Penor Rinpoche Yangsi. I suspect that he will have a twin brother and will have been found in the Pharping area outisde Kathmandu, with some sort of recognition letter written by a very hard to see Nyingma Lama who lives nearby.

Sorry if this post is wrong somehow.
"It's not ok to practice Dharma sometimes, just when you feel like it. You have to practice all the time" - Lama Rigzin Rinpoche.
Glyn

Re: Penor Rinpoche Yangsi

Postby dzogchungpa » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:39 pm

Glyn wrote:I suspect that soon there will be an announcement about the Penor Rinpoche Yangsi. I suspect that he will have a twin brother and will have been found in the Pharping area outisde Kathmandu, with some sort of recognition letter written by a very hard to see Nyingma Lama who lives nearby.

Why do you suspect this?
Note that, in the higher tantras, there is talk of a self and an I, even though in the lower teachings the absence of self and the absence of I is what is always proclaimed. - Tony Duff
To educate the educated is notoriously difficult. - Jacques Barzun
སརྦ་དྷརྨ་དྷཱ་ཏུ་ཨཱཏྨ་ཀོ་྅ཧཾ༔
dzogchungpa

Postby Glyn » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:44 pm

dzogchungpa wrote:Why do you suspect this?

Because of the letter.
"It's not ok to practice Dharma sometimes, just when you feel like it. You have to practice all the time" - Lama Rigzin Rinpoche.
Glyn

Postby conebeckham » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:14 am

OK, I'll ask....

What letter? :stirthepot:
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Postby Alfredo » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:36 am

Okay, let's pretend that some of us have no idea what you are talking about. Could you please summarize the situation, much as a journalist would, focusing on the who/what/when/where/why?
(no longer participating on this board)
Alfredo

Postby AnShen » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:53 am

Alfredo wrote:Okay, let's pretend that some of us have no idea what you are talking about. Could you please summarize the situation, much as a journalist would, focusing on the who/what/when/where/why?

Yes, the OP seems to assume that all posters here are familiar with the internal politics of his particular tradition of Tibetan Buddhism.
AnShen

Postby Sherab » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:41 am

Sherab

Postby invisiblediamond » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Clarence wrote:I heard about it but a little differently. Same Lama who recognized him though.

Anyway, I am still deciding whether I find your style of writing to be truely informative or whether you purposely try to create an aura of secrecy and mystery around your person. You are a Rinpoche yet do not want to make your identity known. And now you come on this board with somewhat secret information almost begging other posters to ask you more questions. From the looks of it, you want attention. And this forum might be a great place for that or a really bad place. We will see.

Glyn is a Rinpoche?
invisiblediamond

Postby philji » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:30 pm

I love a Christmas puzzle... Let's see. I am guessing he refers to Chatral Rinpoche as the hard to find Nyingma Teacher in Pharping....can anyone else add to this?
philji

Yangsi Penor Rinpoche found!

Postby Karma Jinpa » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:05 pm

What started as whispers and rumors circulating on Facebook has now officially been confirmed by a letter from Namdroling monastery: Kyabjé Drubwang Pema Norbu's reincarnation has been found!!!

:woohoo:

All Palyulpas and Nyingmapas in general should rejoice; a great being---an emanation of Vajrasattva and reincarnation of Vimalamitra---has returned to tame beings once more!

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, it happens that a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་རཱ་ག་ཨ་སྱ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།
ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོ།

:namaste:
Karma Jinpa

Re: Yangsi Penor Rinpoche found!

Postby Tara » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:47 pm

Please note: Two topics on the same subject have been merged.
It's not a competition. It's a choice.
Tara
Tara
Site Admin

Postby Malcolm » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:50 pm

Karma Jinpa wrote:reincarnation of Vimalamitra

He can't be a reincarnation of Vimalamitra since Vimalamitra, according to legend, attained 'pho ba chen po, and still lives at Wutai Shan.

He would be an emanation of Vimalamitra. As the legend has it, Vimalamitra returns to Tibet every one hundred years.

M
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
Malcolm

Postby smcj » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:01 pm

Ok, I nominate this thread for the highest percentage of "wtf" type postings, such as:
Is he coming back to enthrone Van Damme? That would be kick ass.

Van Damme too? Or do you mean Steven Segall?
You are a Rinpoche yet do not want to make your identity known.

Glyn is a rinpoche? Where is that info from?
I am guessing he refers to Chatral Rinpoche as the hard to find Nyingma Teacher in Pharping....can anyone else add to this?

I thought Chatral R. died some time ago.

wtf?
Last edited by smcj on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A human being has his limits. And thus, in every conceivable way, with every possible means, he tries to make the teaching enter into his own limits. ChNN
smcj

Postby philji » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:13 pm

smcj wrote:Ok, I nominate this thread for the highest percentage of "wtf" type postings, such as:
Is he coming back to enthrone Van Damme? That would be kick ass.

Van Damme too? Or do you mean Steven Segall?
You are a Rinpoche yet do not want to make your identity known.

Glyn is a rinpoche? Where is that info from?
I am guessing he refers to Chatral Rinpoche as the hard to find Nyingma Teacher in Pharping....can anyone else add to this?

I thought Chatral R. died some time ago.

wtf?

Chatral Rinpoche still alive and powerful. He is resident at Pharping, not very accessible any more....
philji

Postby narraboth » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Very much rejoice!

Not rejoice for some silly posts above.
narraboth

Postby T. Chokyi » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:39 pm

Glyn wrote:Has anyone heard anything about this?

Yes, last night. :group:

Glyn wrote: I suspect that he will have a twin brother.

...interesting, you know of the family...well, word will spread, this is great news, seems Palyul
folks I know agree that this is the real deal, rejoice!

:woohoo:

:thumbsup:
T. Chokyi

Postby T. Chokyi » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:33 pm

Also Copy of Official Announcement:

Official Announcement of the Recogition of His Holiness Penor Rinpoche’s Reincarnation
December 5th, 2013 It is a matter of great joy and pleasure to inform all the disciples and well-wishes of His Holiness Penor Rinpoche residing around the globe that our beloved root guru has been reborn in Tibet. According to His Holiness Jadrel Rinpoche’s prophecy letter, Penor Rinpoche’s Yangsi (reincarnated being), was born near Leten Tramo Drag or Dung Lung Tramo Drag, the sacred place where the Nyingthing Yabshyi (The Four Cycles of Heart Essence Teachings) was revealed. Based upon this prophecy letter, combined with pure visions of Tulku Thubten Palzang Rinpoche, the Yangsi was authentically recognized.

On 31st July 2014, the auspicious day of the Buddha’s First Turning of the Wheel of Dharma, the 4th Day of the Sixth Tibetan month–2141 Royal Year–the Yangsi will be enthroned.

We request all our Dharma brothers and sisters to carry out the following prayers for the long life of the Yangsi and to overcome all the obstacles thereby ensuring the success of the enthronement ceremony.

1. Barche Lamsel (Prayer to Avert Obstacles on the Path)
2. Sampa Lhundrub (Prayer to Spontaneously Accomplish All Wishes)
3. Neten Chagchoe (Supplication Prayer and Offering to the Sixteen Elders)

We will inform later about additional prayers needed in times to come.

Thank you,
General Secretary
Namdroling Administration

Source:
http://news.palyul.org/
T. Chokyi

Postby Johnny Dangerous » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:54 am

off topic posts removed, topic split to here:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=14884
"Just as a lotus does not grow out of a well-levelled soil but from the mire, in the same way the awakening mind
is not born in the hearts of disciples in whom the moisture of attachment has dried up. It grows instead in the hearts of ordinary sentient beings who possess in full the fetters of bondage." -Se Chilbu Choki Gyaltsen
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Postby ReasonAndRhyme » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:08 am

Glyn wrote:I suspect that soon there will be an announcement about the Penor Rinpoche Yangsi. I suspect that he will have a twin brother and will have been found in the Pharping area outisde Kathmandu, with some sort of recognition letter written by a very hard to see Nyingma Lama who lives nearby.

Glyn, I'm not a native speaker and maybe I'm getting this wrong, but in my understanding the word "suspect" implies that you assume there is something going wrong. Similarly, the phrase "some sort of recognition letter" sounds a bit pejorative to me.

Are you insinuating there is something wrong with the recognition? Or the letter? Could you please just clarify if and what you are trying to imply here - or not?
"Forget about being clever, and simply remain." Guru Rinpoche, Treasures from Juniper Ridge
ReasonAndRhyme

Postby tomamundsen » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:36 am

AnShen wrote:
Alfredo wrote:Okay, let's pretend that some of us have no idea what you are talking about. Could you please summarize the situation, much as a journalist would, focusing on the who/what/when/where/why?

Yes, the OP seems to assume that all posters here are familiar with the internal politics of his particular tradition of Tibetan Buddhism.

He's posting in the Nyingma forum...
tomamundsen

Next

Return to Nyingma