Garchen giving Ratna Lingpa's Vajrakilaya

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Garchen giving Ratna Lingpa's Vajrakilaya

Postby Pero » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:58 pm

heart wrote:I sent a question asking if Rinpoche gave the Sabdhun (which he done in the past) or the Sangtik Purbha from the Chokling Tersar. I also asked fro the "lung". This is the answer.

"It was the "Sangtig" and Rinpoche regretfully cannot do lungs anymore that
he does not know by heart, as it hurts his eyes and head so much."

/magnus

So we're not going to get the lung of the Sadhana or does he know this one by heart and he already gave it?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby heart » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:06 pm

Pero wrote:
heart wrote:I sent a question asking if Rinpoche gave the Sabdhun (which he done in the past) or the Sangtik Purbha from the Chokling Tersar. I also asked fro the "lung". This is the answer.

/magnus

So we're not going to get the lung of the Sadhana or does he know this one by heart and he already gave it?

This I don't know, but he don't remember the Sangtik sadhana anymore. But you can easily get it from one of Tulku Urgyen's sons.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby Pero » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:10 pm

heart wrote:
Pero wrote:

/magnus

This I don't know, but he don't remember the Sangtik sadhana anymore. But you can easily get it from one of Tulku Urgyen's sons.

How? Do they Skype? :D

I'm still confused, is the Sangtig sadhana the same as Ratna Lingpa's?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby Lhasa » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:51 pm

Anyone have the lineage prayer?
Lhasa

Postby conebeckham » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:11 am

Sangtik Phurba sadhana is different from the Ratna Lingap practice they're going to do.
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Postby Pero » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:23 am

conebeckham wrote:Sangtik Phurba sadhana is different from the Ratna Lingap practice they're going to do.

Thanks. Was there lung for that already during the empowerment? If not, is the empowerment enough?
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby heart » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:25 am

"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby heart » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:30 am

Pero wrote:How? Do they Skype? :D

I'm still confused, is the Sangtig sadhana the same as Ratna Lingpa's?

Maybe, I am not sure. :smile:

Not at all the same, Sangtik is defined as an ati sadhana, the development stage is instantaneous and the text is very short.

/magnus
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby Shemmy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:30 am

So…I guess most of us in all the various far flung haunts and hollows, hilltops and dales will be using the sadhana as written by Sangye Lingpa:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/149130531/Puj ... tna-Lingpa

Would be fantastic to somehow get hold of the lineage prayers and the dorma section that Lama Garchen mentioned he'd added.

Otherwise, I'm assuming for the purposes of our drubchen the above text will be solid and good as it is going to get.
Shemmy

Postby Sherab Dorje » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:41 am

conebeckham wrote:He said "vajravidarana," Greg. Or, rather, the translator said that.
Dorje Namdjom. Okay! Thanks Cone.
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby Sherab Dorje » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:45 am

Pero wrote:Was there lung for that already during the empowerment? If not, is the empowerment enough?
No and (normally) no, unfortunately.
So…I guess most of us in all the various far flung haunts and hollows, hilltops and dales will be using the sadhana as written by Sangye Lingpa
If you have the lung for it. It might be a good idea to request that one of the lama at the Garchen Rinpoches centre (doesn't have to be the big man himself) to organise a webcast of the lung for us "far flung" types.
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby KonchokZoepa » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:00 am

what is vajrakilayas bija mantra?
If the thought of demons
Never rises in your mind,
You need not fear the demon hosts around you.
It is most important to tame your mind within....

In so far as the Ultimate, or the true nature of being is concerned,
there are neither buddhas or demons.
He who frees himself from fear and hope, evil and virtue,
will realize the insubstantial and groundless nature of confusion.
Samsara will then appear as the mahamudra itself….

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6P9tOYmdo
KonchokZoepa

Postby Pero » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:35 pm

Sherab Dorje wrote:
Pero wrote:Was there lung for that already during the empowerment? If not, is the empowerment enough?
So…I guess most of us in all the various far flung haunts and hollows, hilltops and dales will be using the sadhana as written by Sangye Lingpa
If you have the lung for it. It might be a good idea to request that one of the lama at the Garchen Rinpoches centre (doesn't have to be the big man himself) to organise a webcast of the lung for us "far flung" types.

Yes I know normally it's like that, I was just thinking it might be different here since he hasn't given it (which I wasn't sure about till you confirmed it). Well, I think if we attend the first session of the Drubchen that will count too unless Garchen Rinpoche won't be participating or something.
- Shabkar
Pero

Postby Norwegian » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Does the livestream start automatically at exact time? Because now there's an older video recorded being played.
Norwegian

Postby Lhasa » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Norwegian wrote:Does the livestream start automatically at exact time? Because now there's an older video recorded being played.

It will show a 'live' button on the screen, you may have to reload the player. It was live for a few minutes and then went off air.
Lhasa

Postby Shemmy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:15 pm

Sherab Dorje wrote:

So no lung, no dice, eh? About 10 minutes till blast off…

Doesn't make sense tho', there were no requirements stated, seemed there was an open invite for all and sundry.

I've worn out my welcome with them I think. I asked them how we could participate if we don't have a text and the answer was not really anything anyone could do anything with just, "yeah, sure, you can do any Vajrakilaya sadhana you like, Lama Garchen is very liberal about that kind of thing. And you know there are many translators whose work is being used without their permission." Sigh...

I also asked if we could practice our usual yidam practice and still participate, but no answer to that question. I am probably going to go with that option if none of this is addressed by Lama Garchen.
Shemmy

Postby Shemmy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Pero wrote:
Sherab Dorje wrote:

Yes I know normally it's like that, I was just thinking it might be different here since he hasn't given it (which I wasn't sure about till you confirmed it). Well, I think if we attend the first session of the Drubchen that will count too unless Garchen Rinpoche won't be participating or something.

That seems to make sense Pero…I hope your're right that the first session of drubchen constitutes a lung, if I understand you right.
Shemmy

Postby bryandavis » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:36 pm

If you have the sadhana that they are using in the drupchen i.e. the Ratna Lingpa Sadhana, you dont need an additional lung for it. If you received the empowerment you may practice with the text that they are using, period. You may practice it daily as well. You received the empowerment from Garchen Rinpoche, his blessing is inconceivable, he is giving all of us permission to practice in the drubchen, as long as you receive the empowerment. Actually if you were in arizona and came late and missed the empowerment you could still practice in the drupchen.

As far as using another sadhana, don't see how one would be able to follow along with the prayers, the recitation, and the visualization. Its not really relevant to this drubchen right now. Just order the text online from the GBI bookstore and you can use it to practice as your own time allows.
bryandavis

Postby lelopa » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:52 pm

What is the name of the lama who gave the lung at the beginning today?!?
I do not have any solutions - but i admire the problems!
lelopa

Postby Sherab Dorje » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:00 pm

bryandavis wrote:If you have the sadhana that they are using in the drupchen i.e. the Ratna Lingpa Sadhana, you dont need an additional lung for it. If you received the empowerment you may practice with the text that they are using, period.
Sez who?
You may practice it daily as well. You received the empowerment from Garchen Rinpoche, his blessing is inconceivable, he is giving all of us permission to practice in the drubchen, as long as you receive the empowerment. Actually if you were in arizona and came late and missed the empowerment you could still practice in the drupchen.
Group practice (at drubchen or practice at a "temple") does not require a lung, but individual practice (or, basically, possession and use of the text) normally requires lung.
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Nyingma