Garchen giving Ratna Lingpa's Vajrakilaya

Pero

Re: Garchen giving Ratna Lingpa's Vajrakilaya

Post by Pero »

heart wrote:I sent a question asking if Rinpoche gave the Sabdhun (which he done in the past) or the Sangtik Purbha from the Chokling Tersar. I also asked fro the "lung". This is the answer.

"It was the "Sangtig" and Rinpoche regretfully cannot do lungs anymore that
he does not know by heart, as it hurts his eyes and head so much."

/magnus
So we're not going to get the lung of the Sadhana or does he know this one by heart and he already gave it?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
heart

Post by heart »

Pero wrote:
heart wrote:I sent a question asking if Rinpoche gave the Sabdhun (which he done in the past) or the Sangtik Purbha from the Chokling Tersar. I also asked fro the "lung". This is the answer.

/magnus
So we're not going to get the lung of the Sadhana or does he know this one by heart and he already gave it?
This I don't know, but he don't remember the Sangtik sadhana anymore. But you can easily get it from one of Tulku Urgyen's sons.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Pero

Post by Pero »

heart wrote:
Pero wrote:

/magnus
This I don't know, but he don't remember the Sangtik sadhana anymore. But you can easily get it from one of Tulku Urgyen's sons.
How? Do they Skype? :D

I'm still confused, is the Sangtig sadhana the same as Ratna Lingpa's?
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Anyone have the lineage prayer?
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Sangtik Phurba sadhana is different from the Ratna Lingap practice they're going to do.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Pero

Post by Pero »

conebeckham wrote:Sangtik Phurba sadhana is different from the Ratna Lingap practice they're going to do.
Thanks. Was there lung for that already during the empowerment? If not, is the empowerment enough?
- Shabkar
heart

Post by heart »

~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
heart

Post by heart »

Pero wrote: How? Do they Skype? :D

I'm still confused, is the Sangtig sadhana the same as Ratna Lingpa's?
Maybe, I am not sure. :smile:

Not at all the same, Sangtik is defined as an ati sadhana, the development stage is instantaneous and the text is very short.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

So…I guess most of us in all the various far flung haunts and hollows, hilltops and dales will be using the sadhana as written by Sangye Lingpa:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/149130531/Puj ... tna-Lingpa

Would be fantastic to somehow get hold of the lineage prayers and the dorma section that Lama Garchen mentioned he'd added.

Otherwise, I'm assuming for the purposes of our drubchen the above text will be solid and good as it is going to get.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

conebeckham wrote:He said "vajravidarana," Greg. Or, rather, the translator said that.
Dorje Namdjom. Okay! Thanks Cone.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Pero wrote:Was there lung for that already during the empowerment? If not, is the empowerment enough?
No and (normally) no, unfortunately.
So…I guess most of us in all the various far flung haunts and hollows, hilltops and dales will be using the sadhana as written by Sangye Lingpa
If you have the lung for it. It might be a good idea to request that one of the lama at the Garchen Rinpoches centre (doesn't have to be the big man himself) to organise a webcast of the lung for us "far flung" types.

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
KonchokZoepa

Post by KonchokZoepa »

what is vajrakilayas bija mantra?
If the thought of demons
Never rises in your mind,
You need not fear the demon hosts around you.
It is most important to tame your mind within....

In so far as the Ultimate, or the true nature of being is concerned,
there are neither buddhas or demons.
He who frees himself from fear and hope, evil and virtue,
will realize the insubstantial and groundless nature of confusion.
Samsara will then appear as the mahamudra itself….

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6P9tOYmdo
Pero

Post by Pero »

Sherab Dorje wrote:
Pero wrote:Was there lung for that already during the empowerment? If not, is the empowerment enough?
So…I guess most of us in all the various far flung haunts and hollows, hilltops and dales will be using the sadhana as written by Sangye Lingpa
If you have the lung for it. It might be a good idea to request that one of the lama at the Garchen Rinpoches centre (doesn't have to be the big man himself) to organise a webcast of the lung for us "far flung" types.
Yes I know normally it's like that, I was just thinking it might be different here since he hasn't given it (which I wasn't sure about till you confirmed it). Well, I think if we attend the first session of the Drubchen that will count too unless Garchen Rinpoche won't be participating or something.
- Shabkar
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Does the livestream start automatically at exact time? Because now there's an older video recorded being played.
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Norwegian wrote:Does the livestream start automatically at exact time? Because now there's an older video recorded being played.
It will show a 'live' button on the screen, you may have to reload the player. It was live for a few minutes and then went off air.
Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

Sherab Dorje wrote:
So no lung, no dice, eh? About 10 minutes till blast off…

Doesn't make sense tho', there were no requirements stated, seemed there was an open invite for all and sundry.

I've worn out my welcome with them I think. I asked them how we could participate if we don't have a text and the answer was not really anything anyone could do anything with just, "yeah, sure, you can do any Vajrakilaya sadhana you like, Lama Garchen is very liberal about that kind of thing. And you know there are many translators whose work is being used without their permission." Sigh...

I also asked if we could practice our usual yidam practice and still participate, but no answer to that question. I am probably going to go with that option if none of this is addressed by Lama Garchen.
Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

Pero wrote:
Sherab Dorje wrote:
Yes I know normally it's like that, I was just thinking it might be different here since he hasn't given it (which I wasn't sure about till you confirmed it). Well, I think if we attend the first session of the Drubchen that will count too unless Garchen Rinpoche won't be participating or something.
That seems to make sense Pero…I hope your're right that the first session of drubchen constitutes a lung, if I understand you right.
bryandavis

Post by bryandavis »

If you have the sadhana that they are using in the drupchen i.e. the Ratna Lingpa Sadhana, you dont need an additional lung for it. If you received the empowerment you may practice with the text that they are using, period. You may practice it daily as well. You received the empowerment from Garchen Rinpoche, his blessing is inconceivable, he is giving all of us permission to practice in the drubchen, as long as you receive the empowerment. Actually if you were in arizona and came late and missed the empowerment you could still practice in the drupchen.

As far as using another sadhana, don't see how one would be able to follow along with the prayers, the recitation, and the visualization. Its not really relevant to this drubchen right now. Just order the text online from the GBI bookstore and you can use it to practice as your own time allows.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

What is the name of the lama who gave the lung at the beginning today?!?
Lost In Transmission
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

bryandavis wrote:If you have the sadhana that they are using in the drupchen i.e. the Ratna Lingpa Sadhana, you dont need an additional lung for it. If you received the empowerment you may practice with the text that they are using, period.
Sez who?
You may practice it daily as well. You received the empowerment from Garchen Rinpoche, his blessing is inconceivable, he is giving all of us permission to practice in the drubchen, as long as you receive the empowerment. Actually if you were in arizona and came late and missed the empowerment you could still practice in the drupchen.
Group practice (at drubchen or practice at a "temple") does not require a lung, but individual practice (or, basically, possession and use of the text) normally requires lung.

Return to “Nyingma”