conebeckham

Re: Garchen giving Ratna Lingpa's Vajrakilaya

Post by conebeckham »

She is indeed fantastic......
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Pero

Post by Pero »

Was this really Ratna Lingpa's Vajrakilaya? Because unless I misheard Garchen Rinpoche said it was revealed by Orgyen Chogyal Dechen Lingpa? :shrug:
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

I heard Dechen Linpa too.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
ratna

Post by ratna »

Pero wrote:Was this really Ratna Lingpa's Vajrakilaya? Because unless I misheard Garchen Rinpoche said it was revealed by Orgyen Chogyal Dechen Lingpa? :shrug:
Yeah, I heard something like that too. I wondered if he said Orgyen Chokgyur Dechen Lingpa.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

When he was talking about the tradition he mentioned the peaceful aspect of Vajra..., then Vajrasattva, Vajrapani and Vajra Kumara. Did anybody catch the full name of the peaceful aspect?
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

This mornings recording is up on ustream.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

He said "vajravidarana," Greg. Or, rather, the translator said that.

The "history" was from Chogling's work, but I didn't hear that it was the Chogling tersar wang....it could have been though, as it was similar to that one, from my experience.

Could he be using the RatLing text for retreat, but based on Chogling Sangtik wang?

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

Pero wrote:Was this really Ratna Lingpa's Vajrakilaya? Because unless I misheard Garchen Rinpoche said it was revealed by Orgyen Chogyal Dechen Lingpa? :shrug:
I didn't hear the second word of the name, but certainly heard Orgyen ______ Dechen Lingpa. Was thinking maybe it was alternate name for Ratna, but it looks more likely to have been Chokgyur.

Perhaps it's a bit of false advertising on my part, and if that's the case I'd like to apologize to everyone. I've only seen Rinpoche give Ratna Lingpa's terma before, and the text that GBI sells in their webstore (for use in the Drubchen) is definitely RatLing Vajrakilaya. That's what I get for having expectations and playing into the whole hope and fear game!

:oops:

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

How about sending them an email and ask for clarification? They are very friendly.
[email protected]
Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

An awesome collection of Vajrakilaya images on the Mahakala Facebook page for your inspiration.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 844&type=3

Many other fantastic deities, Boshisattvas, and other themes as well.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I believe, based on a bit of research, that the empowerment was Chogling Tersar's Sangtik Korsum Phurba. The text mentioned in this thread is associated with RatLing Phurba, but it is indeed written by Sangye Lingpa.

So, perhaps it's all a multi-Lingpa thing..pa.

:smile:

Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

Lhasa wrote:How about sending them an email and ask for clarification? They are very friendly.
[email protected]
Might want to give them a heads up tho, they haven't responded to anything that I have asked them. Good thing Dharma Wheel is here for back up!
Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

OK, I just fired off more questions about which text.

I have done my best to outline the confusion about texts out in Streamcast land for the info@ guys. I told them we've been assuming that Ratna Lingpa's terma with sadhana text by Sangye Lingpa was being used, but that Lama Garchen mentioned something during the teachings yesterday that indicated it might actually b Chogyur Lingpa's terma we are using.

Hope that will get us going in the right direction.
Palzang Jangchub

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

conebeckham wrote:So, perhaps it's all a multi-Lingpa thing..pa.

:smile:
:rolling:

:cheers:

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
Lhasa

Post by Lhasa »

Shemmy wrote:
Lhasa wrote:How about sending them an email and ask for clarification? They are very friendly.
[email protected]
Might want to give them a heads up tho, they haven't responded to anything that I have asked them. Good thing Dharma Wheel is here for back up!
Questions like this probably have to go to the Lamas, it's a small staff who wear many hats. :smile:
Pero

Post by Pero »

Maybe we'll find out during the teachings today.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Shemmy

Post by Shemmy »

I got the following answer regarding which Lingpa should we speak straight from info@ peeps:

"Rinpoche used Orgyen Chokyur Dechen Lingpa’s empowerment text, and we use Ratna Lingpa’s practice text. We regretfully do not have an electronic copy of the latter. There have been a lot of advance purchases through our webstore, and it is still available through the webstore at:

http://www.garchen.net/GBI-Shop/index.p ... b633ddbf3d

With kind regards,
Trisha"
Pero

Post by Pero »

Thanks.
- Shabkar
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Thought so--the Chogling Sangtik relies on the torma alone, pretty much, as the object.....I think the RatLing Wang is a much more elaborate deal. Still, it's sufficient, if Rinpoche says it is!

The sadhana by Sangye Lingpa is quite beautiful--I may do it sometimes instead of my normal Phurba recitation.

heart

Post by heart »

I sent a question asking if Rinpoche gave the Sabdhun (which he done in the past) or the Sangtik Purbha from the Chokling Tersar. I also asked fro the "lung". This is the answer.

"It was the "Sangtig" and Rinpoche regretfully cannot do lungs anymore that
he does not know by heart, as it hurts his eyes and head so much."

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Return to “Nyingma”