Life-Release induced anxiety?

MaitriYNOD

Life-Release induced anxiety?

Postby MaitriYNOD » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:34 am

Hello everyone

Earlier today I decided to buy and release some feeder crickets from my local pet store in honor of the last day of Saga Dawa. I took them to a close-by wooded area with some redwood duff and ivy, which I read are good conditions for crickets. Towards the end of the practice, I started to feel very anxious without any clue as to why. It's been about 30 minutes and I still have an objectless panic feeling that I can't discern. Is it possible that this is some kind of karmic effect of doing the life release wrong somehow?

Any feedback and speculation is appreciated.
I am a lustful, angry dullard with no power of realization. Do not put anything I say into practice without first confirming it with a qualified teacher.

tingdzin

Re: Life-Release induced anxiety?

Postby tingdzin » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:53 am

Just speculation ,but I doubt it had anything to do with the cricket release. My thought is that your unconscious mind was picking something up from your surroundings while you were in the woods; maybe there was a predator or snake nearby, or the surroundings reminded you of something in your forgotten past, or you had ignored a "No Trespassing" sign. I don't think you can release a few crickets wrongly, provided that they are native to the habitat you released them in, and they weren't carrying a disease.

MaitriYNOD

Postby MaitriYNOD » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:20 am

I did as much research as I could before hand. This wasn't my first cricket release and this hasn't happened before. I know crickets live in Santa Cruz (I'm listening to some chirp right now) but I couldn't figure out the exact species of the feeder crickets. I have no idea how to tell if they were diseased. I figured I would err on the side of benefiting beings, thinking that even if they died quickly in the while that beats wasting away in a plastic box or being fed right to a lizard, and this way they might form a connection to Chenrezig. But the animal real is so complex and brutal, I'm still second guessing as to whether or not I did something right.
I am a lustful, angry dullard with no power of realization. Do not put anything I say into practice without first confirming it with a qualified teacher.

lobster

Postby lobster » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:07 am

Anything is possible. Do some mantra for the crickets and all beings suffering for or from release . . . :sage:

Grigoris
Former staff member

Postby Grigoris » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:20 am

"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Nyingma”