Namthar of Terton Migyur Dorje Available

kirtu
Former staff member

Namthar of Terton Migyur Dorje Available

Post by kirtu »

I just found out yesterday that there is a namthar of Terton Migyur Dorje, the terton who revealed the Nam Cho treasures, and that there is an English translation. In fact there are three namthars, all written by Karma Chagme. The outer namthar has been published by Palri Publications in Nepal and is titled: "The All-Pervading Melodious Sound of Thunder: The Outer Liberation Story of Terton Migyur Dorje", by Karma Chagme, translated by Lopon Sonam Tsewang and Judith Amtzis with a foreword by HH Penor Rinpoche.

I'm trying to find out how to order copies now. However, the entire work has also been broken down into multiple pdf files and is available from the Tibetan Buddhist Resource Center.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
heart

Re: Namthar of Terton Migyur Dorje Available

Post by heart »

kirtu wrote:I just found out yesterday that there is a namthar of Terton Migyur Dorje, the terton who revealed the Nam Cho treasures, and that there is an English translation. In fact there are three namthars, all written by Karma Chagme. The outer namthar has been published by Palri Publications in Nepal and is titled: "The All-Pervading Melodious Sound of Thunder: The Outer Liberation Story of Terton Migyur Dorje", by Karma Chagme, translated by Lopon Sonam Tsewang and Judith Amtzis with a foreword by HH Penor Rinpoche.

I'm trying to find out how to order copies now. However, the entire work has also been broken down into multiple pdf files and is available from the Tibetan Buddhist Resource Center.

Kirt
Hi Kirt,

I did, but I don't remember how you do it anymore (it was complicated). I still have the copy (as one file) if anyone have problem downloading it.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
muni

Post by muni »

http://www.wisdom-books.com/ProductDetail.asp?PID=19159" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
username

Post by username »

Terton Migyur Dorje's namthar "Melodious Sound of Thunder", PDF ebook direct link 62 MB, right-mouse-click -> save (link/target) as: http://neozen888.files.wordpress.com/20 ... hunder.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Intro: http://neozen888.wordpress.com/2011/05/ ... on-seeing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

What is the meaning of the term 'namthar'?
"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

"Namthar" Means "Liberation Story" if one translates it literally.

It's a spiritual hagiography, really.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")

Return to “Nyingma”