Dorje Phurba/ Vajrakilaya

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: Dorje Phurba/ Vajrakilaya

Postby heart » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:43 am

You know Earth Dragon the normal way in Vajrayana to approach a deity like Vajrakilaya is like this;

1. Request the empowerment, the oral transmission and explanation of the practice from your heart while presenting an offering. Repeat many times if necessary until your Guru accepts your request. Please understand that it is a major commitment on your side, you have to do many years of practice every day. It is also a big responsibility for the Guru. So don't do this if you are not very serious and dedicated.

2. Receive the empowerment, the oral transmission and explanation of the practice. This can take quite some time if there are texts that need translation and so on.

3. Do the practice and study the commentary or commentaries. Ask your Guru questions when possible to resolve doubts. Learn how to perform the various rituals as well as you can.

Eventually, if you practice very well for many years, the full meaning of Vajrkilaya and many of its rituals and teachings will arise in your own mind. At that point you can check with your Guru if your understanding and realization is correct.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
heart

Postby Earth Dragon » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:58 am

heart wrote:You know Earth Dragon the normal way in Vajrayana to approach a deity like Vajrakilaya is like this;

1. Request the empowerment, the oral transmission and explanation of the practice from your heart while presenting an offering. Repeat many times if necessary until your Guru accepts your request. Please understand that it is a major commitment on your side, you have to do many years of practice every day. It is also a big responsibility for the Guru. So don't do this if you are not very serious and dedicated.

2. Receive the empowerment, the oral transmission and explanation of the practice. This can take quite some time if there are texts that need translation and so on.

3. Do the practice and study the commentary or commentaries. Ask your Guru questions when possible to resolve doubts. Learn how to perform the various rituals as well as you can.

Eventually, if you practice very well for many years, the full meaning of Vajrkilaya and many of its rituals and teachings will arise in your own mind. At that point you can check with your Guru if your understanding and realization is correct.

Thank you for your simple but effective advice

/magnus
Earth Dragon

Postby karma naheb » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:30 pm

Venerable Sangha,
I have received the initiation or empowerment of Longchen Nyinthing Vajrakilaya From $th Dodrupchen Rinpoche,I do have the text and all other things but I have not much explanation in english,if anyone has the complete explanation of the mandala generation of the main and another deities and possibly a photo ,I would be greatly helped and feel grateful
thanking you
Regards,
Karma Naheb
karma naheb

Postby Yeti » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:40 am

karma naheb wrote:Venerable Sangha,
I have received the initiation or empowerment of Longchen Nyinthing Vajrakilaya From $th Dodrupchen Rinpoche,I do have the text and all other things but I have not much explanation in english,if anyone has the complete explanation of the mandala generation of the main and another deities and possibly a photo ,I would be greatly helped and feel grateful
thanking you
Regards,
Karma Naheb

Normally one receives the "tri" or instructions on the practice from a qualified lama, then one can use the explanations as a support. But you need to receive the tri directly. Most lamas in the Longchen Nyingthig tradition will give you this if you are sincere, especially if you have received the empowerment from the likes of Dodrupchen Rinpoche.
"When a Dzogchen Yogi hears Shakyamuni Buddha turning the Wheel of the Dharma of the Four Noble Truths he hears Samathabhadra proclaiming the most profound Dzogpachenpo." - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
Yeti

Postby lama tsewang » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:28 am

the most extensive practical instructions in english on phurba is from lama tharchin, on the friends of lama tharchin website .
lama tsewang

Postby ReasonAndRhyme » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:59 am

mahabuddha wrote:"Hey teacher tell me all the secret information." No, it's probably better you find it on the internet ;)

Isn't it sometimes really a bit like that? ;)

Guru Mountain vs Internet.jpg
Guru Mountain vs Internet.jpg (49.77 KiB) Viewed 309 times
"Forget about being clever, and simply remain." Guru Rinpoche, Treasures from Juniper Ridge
ReasonAndRhyme

Postby michaelb » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:21 pm

lama tsewang wrote:the most extensive practical instructions in english on phurba is from lama tharchin, on the friends of lama tharchin website .

But at $495 I think the DVDs are remarkably expensive. So much so that it would surely price all but the richest out of the market.

You can get 9 and a half hours of teaching from HH Getse Rinpoche on the same practice for $15 on vimalatreasures.org
michaelb

Postby byamspa » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Garchen-la's teachings from the last Drubchen are available on CD, i think its like 16$.

http://www.garchen.net/GBI-Shop/index.p ... ajrakilaya
Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
byamspa

Previous

Return to Nyingma