The Song of Vajra

Blue Garuda

Re: The Song of Vajra

Post by Blue Garuda »

Pero wrote:
Blue Garuda wrote:Anyone know when the SOV was first taught to humans?
I imagine when the Union Of Sun And Moon tantra was first transmitted.
I was sort of hoping for a stab at which century or even decade when it was first spoken of or written down by a human. :)
Left
muni

Post by muni »

Sönam wrote:Any one for explanation ? ... The Shang Shung Institute is named! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqmW9h_nhNw)

phpBB [video]
No worries. I read here the man is a genuine practicioner, so is Soname as well. :smile: She is a very devoted practicioner and singer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_FRAQUEGrE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :namaste:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRpkE9N7vgE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pero

Post by Pero »

Blue Garuda wrote:
Pero wrote:
I was sort of hoping for a stab at which century or even decade when it was first spoken of or written down by a human. :)
I think that was in the 11th century or so.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Pero wrote:
Blue Garuda wrote:
I think that was in the 11th century or so.
Left
simhanada

Post by simhanada »

Blue Garuda wrote:
Pero wrote:
The Upadesha Tantra Nyida Khajor (Union of Sun and Moon) was written down by Vairocana in the 8th century.

Rinpoche first received it when he was 13 in a dream before reading or hearing it. He then recounted the dream to one of his uncles who identified it as being a mantra of the tantra of thadrol which he was told was an important tantra that gives different thadrols. He then recieved the lung. He asked if he could teach him how to sing it but he didn't know and suggested he ask his Uncle Togden Ugyen Tendzin. He asked him but their way of singing was different to Rinpoche's dreams. Afterwards over several dreams he learnt the melody. The first time he taught the melody was his second retreat in Italy and Adriano requested him to teach them how to sing it. He spoke about this during the Namgyalgar North retreat earlier this year.
Pero

Post by Pero »

simhanada wrote:
Blue Garuda wrote:
Pero wrote: I imagine when the Union Of Sun And Moon tantra was first transmitted.
The Upadesha Tantra Nyida Khajor (Union of Sun and Moon) was written down by Vairocana in the 8th century.
No, that was the tantra for Yantra Yoga. The song of the vajra is not in this tantra but in the Upadesha tantra of the same name.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
simhanada

Post by simhanada »

Pero wrote:No, that was the tantra for Yantra Yoga. The song of the vajra is not in this tantra but in the Upadesha tantra of the same name.
I see, thanks for the clarification. I have no idea of what the origins of the Upadesha are then.
simhanada

Post by simhanada »

Pero wrote: No, that was the tantra for Yantra Yoga. The song of the vajra is not in this tantra but in the Upadesha tantra of the same name.
So, for further clarification, we are talking about the Nyida Khajor as one of the 17 tantras? or different?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

simhanada wrote:
Pero wrote: No, that was the tantra for Yantra Yoga. The song of the vajra is not in this tantra but in the Upadesha tantra of the same name.
So, for further clarification, we are talking about the Nyida Khajor as one of the 17 tantras? or different?

The upadesha for Yantra Yoga is Called Nyi zla kha sbyor.

There is also an upadesha tantra, one of the seventeen, called Nyi zla kha sbyor as part of its title.

M

Return to “Dzogchen”