Capacity for following Dzogchen

muni

Re: Capacity for following Dzogchen

Post by muni »

By Mipham Rinpoche.

http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?title=Four_reliances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:namaste:
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

muni wrote:By Mipham Rinpoche.

http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?title=Four_reliances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yup!

:twothumbsup:

:heart:
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

"If you wish to attain enlightenment in a single lifetime, kill your procrastination and laziness."
- Longchen Rabjam - Precious Treasury of Pith Instructions -
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
heart

Post by heart »

MalaBeads wrote:
heart wrote:
Ah well, what else is there to communicate.

/magnus
True enough, Magnus. With respect to communicating, the most authentic approach is to remain within the sphere of one's own experience.

With respect to practice, authenticity is to remain within the sphere of one's own experience.

My two cents.
And you feel I didn't MalaBeads?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

Actually, I thought your post was great, Magnus. I've thought about it quite a bit, especially in light of what someone else (was it Andrew?) posted subsequently about how he knows many senior practioners who after so many years get stuck with 'no achievement' (hope I'm remembering that post correctly).

In any case, I was just blithering, adding what was most likely, just something extra. Most people simply ignore what I post as they should.
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Homage to the Dzogchen Masters,

Many excellent posts including MalaBeads above,

Dear all and All,

If everyone has Tathagata Garbha, the Buddha Seed, then everyone has capacity for following Dzogchen.

It is a birthright issue. It is not something you gain through effort, or achieve through accumulation of merit.

You cannot loose it through bad actions. This is why they say, "beyond karma."

Pure from the beginning, it is beyond any characteristic, name or naming: you can't even say "no-name."

You can't say anything, even if you wanted to: like writing on air or water.

Recognized, or unrecognized, its' nature does not change.

Spontaneously arising, all dharmas (and Dharmas) manifest as energetic display.

In the great sphere (Ying), everything is OK, just as it is. There is nothing to be corrected.

As karmic propensities manifest as Theravada, Mahayana, Vajrayana or Dzogchen forms, to the undifferentiating mirror of the pure mind, each is equally a precious path to/of Lord Buddha.

There is no better or worse - just different roads home.

Informed by this understanding, It remains for each of us to work out our salvation with diligence.

Hence, Lord Buddha taught 84,000 different Teachings so that there would be something for everyone.

:heart:
muni

Post by muni »

For beings' poor exhausted mind, all is real and solid. That sadly creates suffering by mental states which are the traps for worldly concern, worldly preocupations (pain, pleasure...) Then emotions are the boss of rolling thoughts, the army for stealing peace.

Do not rely on the individual, but on the Dharma: samsara is build with the rocks of me and others. In Dzogchen is not such me and others.

Do not on the words, but on the meaning; words should not be taken as being solid through analysis based on right mental fabrication (get the moon reflection out with a bucket) to understand what is always, not to find out there behind the correct expressed corner.

Do not rely on the provisional meaning, but on the definitive meaning; In which no grasping is available.

Do not rely on the ordinary mind, but rely on wisdom; Bodhichitta.

Homage to the Dzogchen masters!
I bow down for all beings having the capacity to realize how all appaers and how all is!

:bow:

Shechen Gyaltsap:
"Just as sesame oil pervades seeds,
the essence of the tathagatas
is primordial present and inseparable from
the basis state of all beings."

In equanimity.
florin

Post by florin »

Sönam wrote:"If you wish to attain enlightenment in a single lifetime, kill your procrastination and laziness."
- Longchen Rabjam - Precious Treasury of Pith Instructions -
We are masters of procrastination.
And we take our time , don't we?
Actually we take entire life times .We are very good at that.

But with time any act of procrastination turns into a perfect moment.

Return to “Dzogchen”