FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby Pero » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:10 pm

SuryaMitra wrote:By saying they never took Refuge , I meant they did n`t took the Refuge ceremony.
Thank you very much guys :namaste:

Ah, that is a completely different matter. Yes, Rinpoche doesn't do formal refuge ceremonies.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero
 
Posts: 1841
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby Malcolm » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:23 pm

SuryaMitra wrote:By saying they never took Refuge , I meant they did n`t took the Refuge ceremony.
Thank you very much guys :namaste:



Oh, right -- this is not necessary at all.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12145
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby Snovid » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:38 pm

I want ask what will be concern next webcats in Tenerife?
I found only the information Dzamling Gar.

What are Dzamling Gar teachings?
I am from Poland I use google translator I do not know English
User avatar
Snovid
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby heart » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:54 pm

Snowid wrote:I want ask what will be concern next webcats in Tenerife?
I found only the information Dzamling Gar.

What are Dzamling Gar teachings?


http://www.melong.com/retreats.html

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
User avatar
heart
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby SuryaMitra » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:31 pm

Malcolm wrote:
SuryaMitra wrote:By saying they never took Refuge , I meant they did n`t took the Refuge ceremony.
Thank you very much guys :namaste:



Oh, right -- this is not necessary at all.


And this is something I don`t understand...Why it is not necessary ? I know that for Dzogchen teachings one doesn`t need formal refuge, but what about the tantric teachings and transmissions? Chod, Guru Dragpur, Simhamukha and many others secondary practices ?
I`m just trying to understand , I`m not criticizing here, but my teachers from Karma Kagyu, Sakya and Ningma traditions always taught me, that for any tantric practice, taking formal Refuge ceremony is indispensable. So, for instance, when they give initiation, they will always make sure that new people can take Refuge before initiation...So could you please explain that to me ?
User avatar
SuryaMitra
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby heart » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:46 pm

SuryaMitra wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
SuryaMitra wrote:By saying they never took Refuge , I meant they did n`t took the Refuge ceremony.
Thank you very much guys :namaste:



Oh, right -- this is not necessary at all.


And this is something I don`t understand...Why it is not necessary ? I know that for Dzogchen teachings one doesn`t need formal refuge, but what about the tantric teachings and transmissions? Chod, Guru Dragpur, Simhamukha and many others secondary practices ?
I`m just trying to understand , I`m not criticizing here, but my teachers from Karma Kagyu, Sakya and Ningma traditions always taught me, that for any tantric practice, taking formal Refuge ceremony is indispensable. So, for instance, when they give initiation, they will always make sure that new people can take Refuge before initiation...So could you please explain that to me ?


I think you misunderstand, ChNNR don't give refuge vows but refuge and bodhicitta is although always present in the practices he give.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
User avatar
heart
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby Malcolm » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:04 pm

SuryaMitra wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
SuryaMitra wrote:By saying they never took Refuge , I meant they did n`t took the Refuge ceremony.
Thank you very much guys :namaste:



Oh, right -- this is not necessary at all.


And this is something I don`t understand...Why it is not necessary ? I know that for Dzogchen teachings one doesn`t need formal refuge, but what about the tantric teachings and transmissions? Chod, Guru Dragpur, Simhamukha and many others secondary practices ?
I`m just trying to understand , I`m not criticizing here, but my teachers from Karma Kagyu, Sakya and Ningma traditions always taught me, that for any tantric practice, taking formal Refuge ceremony is indispensable. So, for instance, when they give initiation, they will always make sure that new people can take Refuge before initiation...So could you please explain that to me ?



Every initiation has a refuge ceremony, as well as a bodhisattva vow ceremony built right into it. So it is completely unnecessary to insist that people take refuge and bodhisattva vows according to their respective systems of conferring vows. It simply isn't necessary.

Their attitude come from the traditional Buddhist custom of "cutting the hair". For them, it marks one's serious commitment to the path -- this is why these kinds of traditional teachers are likely to insist that one has to have had a formal and separate refuge ceremony. Even so, it is not necessary.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
User avatar
Malcolm
 
Posts: 12145
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby SuryaMitra » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:34 pm

Ok. Thank you.
User avatar
SuryaMitra
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby bryandavis » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:33 pm

I have a question regarding the upcoming Adzom Drugpa transmission. I am planning on participating online and am happy to finally make a connection finally with Rinpoche in a formal way. I mainly practice under the guidance of Garchen Rinpoche but have a very strong affinity to the yantra yoga practices and these feel very natural and correct to me.

Any how, the question is: I know there is an explanation one must listen to via conference call before the transmission and there is book / manual needed. I contacted shang shung bookstore but have not heard back as of yet. Is this something I can find directly on that site? Would like to get it sent quickly since the time is coming up soon.

Thanks in advanced.

Bryan.
User avatar
bryandavis
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby Inge » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:44 pm

bryandavis wrote:I have a question regarding the upcoming Adzom Drugpa transmission. I am planning on participating online and am happy to finally make a connection finally with Rinpoche in a formal way. I mainly practice under the guidance of Garchen Rinpoche but have a very strong affinity to the yantra yoga practices and these feel very natural and correct to me.

Any how, the question is: I know there is an explanation one must listen to via conference call before the transmission and there is book / manual needed. I contacted shang shung bookstore but have not heard back as of yet. Is this something I can find directly on that site? Would like to get it sent quickly since the time is coming up soon.

Thanks in advanced.

Bryan.

There is a pdf file on the webcast site: http://www.shangshunginstitute.net/webcast/files/AdzomDrugpa.pdf
User avatar
Inge
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 am

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby shunyata » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:27 am

Hi, how long the worldwide transmission will take? 1 hour? what we should do for the preparation?
shunyata
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:36 am

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby heart » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:00 pm

shunyata wrote:Hi, how long the worldwide transmission will take? 1 hour? what we should do for the preparation?


Read Inge's pdf above, it takes perhaps 20 minutes or so.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
User avatar
heart
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby SuryaMitra » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:15 pm

I have another two questions...

1) The white AH, Padmasambhava and Garab Dorje Guru Yogas that are included in the thun book, are this ChNN termas?

2) What exactly is happening when we pronounce the third Ah in the White AH guru yoga?
Do we still visualize the Ah in a thigle, do we rest the mind in a natural state, or...
I`ve read some explanations, but it is not entirely clear to me, and since I`m doing this practice every day after receiving transmission , I want to do it correctly.
User avatar
SuryaMitra
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby heart » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:31 pm

SuryaMitra wrote:I have another two questions...

1) The white AH, Padmasambhava and Garab Dorje Guru Yogas that are included in the thun book, are this ChNN termas?

2) What exactly is happening when we pronounce the third Ah in the White AH guru yoga?
Do we still visualize the Ah in a thigle, do we rest the mind in a natural state, or...
I`ve read some explanations, but it is not entirely clear to me, and since I`m doing this practice every day after receiving transmission , I want to do it correctly.


1) Yes.

2) Rest in the natural state, to the best of your ability of course.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
User avatar
heart
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby Pero » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:12 pm

heart wrote:
SuryaMitra wrote:I have another two questions...

1) The white AH, Padmasambhava and Garab Dorje Guru Yogas that are included in the thun book, are this ChNN termas?

2) What exactly is happening when we pronounce the third Ah in the White AH guru yoga?
Do we still visualize the Ah in a thigle, do we rest the mind in a natural state, or...
I`ve read some explanations, but it is not entirely clear to me, and since I`m doing this practice every day after receiving transmission , I want to do it correctly.


1) Yes.

Padmasambhava is from Konchok Chidu.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pero
 
Posts: 1841
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby heart » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Sorry, Pero is right. I didn't read your question properly.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
User avatar
heart
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby RikudouSennin » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:34 pm

So I received DI, GY, from Blessed Rinpoche last year, then regressed into my former spiritual tradition of rasa, and at first began traveling here and there and mixing the two. Finally I completely stopped practicing trying to recognize natural state....

As of the last few months I have been having a sort of new nativity, I removed veiled mystery...and have been feeling rather exceedingly joyful lately.

Anyway, the root question I need to ask is can I re-continue my practices, or by stopping practice for months did i break transmission?

thanks

peace
“You have some good connection with the Dzogchen Teaching - you have arrived to the Dzogchen Teaching, you have met a Dzogchen Master; you must understand that it means you are very fortunate.” ChNNR
User avatar
RikudouSennin
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby heart » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Of course you can start practicing again.

/magnus
"To reject practice by saying, 'it is conceptual!' is the path of fools. A tendency of the inexperienced and something to be avoided."
- Longchenpa
User avatar
heart
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby RikudouSennin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:26 pm

I'm studying, and this question keeps arising
Is GY and SOV all that is required to recognize Dzogchen?

I know there are other/secondary practices, from my understanding the most important are rushan, semdzin and lojongs, and these are important for trechod and thogal practices, if i'm not mistaken which lead to rainbow body.

since my mind is easily distracted, I would like to keep the practices as simple as possible but with full benefit.

i hope I have made myself clear

peace
“You have some good connection with the Dzogchen Teaching - you have arrived to the Dzogchen Teaching, you have met a Dzogchen Master; you must understand that it means you are very fortunate.” ChNNR
User avatar
RikudouSennin
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:19 am

Re: FAQ: Dzogchen Community of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Postby futerko » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:00 pm

RikudouSennin wrote:I'm studying, and this question keeps arising
Is GY and SOV all that is required to recognize Dzogchen?

I know there are other/secondary practices, from my understanding the most important are rushan, semdzin and lojongs, and these are important for trechod and thogal practices, if i'm not mistaken which lead to rainbow body.

since my mind is easily distracted, I would like to keep the practices as simple as possible but with full benefit.

i hope I have made myself clear

peace



Three Essential Practices in Daily Life
http://www.melong.com/
we cannot get rid of God because we still believe in grammar - Nietzsche
User avatar
futerko
 
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:58 am

PreviousNext

Return to Dzogchen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lucian and 14 guests

>