Interview with Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche about Dzogchen....

Sönam

Re: Interview with Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche about Dzogchen....

Post by Sönam »

ram peswani wrote:
muni wrote:Interview for Vajradhatu Sun.

The special feature of Dzogchen is as follows: "Primordial pure essence is Trekcho, Cutting Through." This view is actually present in all the nine vehicles, but the special quality of Dzogchen is what is called "The spontaneously present nature is Togal, Direct Crossing." The unity of these two, Cutting Through and Direct Crossing, Trekcho and Togal, is the special or unique teaching of Dzogchen. That is how Dzogchen basically is. That's it.
KY wrote:

Tashi delek,

Good interpretation!

Sure Thogal is that kind of special experience which is not exisitng in other Paths.

- Then the attainment would be different?

But there is no Trekchod / emptiness aspect and / + Thogal / clearity aspect, in Nature they are inseparable connected but didivded for some reasons.
It is also reflected in the partial experience of Nature by the practitioner......

I read that there is in that way real Dzogchen and partial Dzogchen......... :D

Mutosg marro
KY

ram..
here i agree. This is the best method for direct crossing, while Buddhas have to sacrifice direct crossing for the benefit of existence
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Yudron

Post by Yudron »

username wrote: After decades Erik and Marcia have just published the only other "Lotsawa" in their publishing house's history, Chonyi Drolma, who is new and a student of the late great siddha Thinley Norbu Rinpoche and the supreme master known as Lama Tharchin Rinpoche. She finished one three year retreat and after being published has now started another three year Dzogchen retreat. She is new but apart from her technical mastery and expertise in the context of Dzogchen, you can see why her work is great because she too has meaningful insights like true lotsawas and that is the whole point ultimately, never mind being free of error in content's context and intention. T
My vajra sister Chonyi's first three year retreat was actually more like four, then she joined our group for the last 2 years of the subsequent three year retreat, just concluded. Her translation mentor is Lama Ngawang Zangpo, who assisted her with this amazing first translated book. She is amazing, and there are other equally amazing youngish people in Lama Tharchin Rinpoche's stable. About 8 people have completed 6 years in retreat under LTR's guidance... under the overall direction of Dungse Thinley Norbu Rinpoche. Dungse Rinpoche, sadly, passed away during our retreat--but he made sure to visit us before he went.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

ram peswani wrote:Buddhas perceived Dzogchen. They knew that ultimate result is Pratyekbuddha. Lotus sutra tells that Buddhas went for higher purpose. They deliberately put a desire in this process to create a better and bigger universe, so that coming existence takes advantage of their experience. Bigger universe lasts for long and better universe protects existence from sufferings.
Did we come to any sort of conclusion regarding this in our past conversation?

Because I still don't understand; are you saying that the result of Dzogchen is Pratyekabuddha-hood?

Maybe it's possible that the practice of Dzogchen could result in Pratyekabuddha-hood for some, but I wouldn't know how.

Mahayana is subsumed with Dzogchen/Mahasandhi, so I don't see how Dzogchen could result in Pratyekabuddha-hood.

*Edit*

Here's the thread:

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... &start=100" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Dzogchen”