The Future of Dzogchen Teachings

Norwegian

Re: The Future of Dzogchen Teachings

Post by Norwegian »

frank123 wrote: Is it meant everyone will be recognizing their true nature not necessarily practicing 'Dzogchen' so to speak?
This is what Malcolm wrote:
"ChNN has often spoken of a time in the future on this planet when all teachings apart from Dzogchen have completely disappeared, and all people practice only Dzogchen. "

And:
"There are predictions to this effect in the original tantras of Dzogchen."
frank123

Post by frank123 »

Norwegian wrote:
frank123 wrote: Is it meant everyone will be recognizing their true nature not necessarily practicing 'Dzogchen' so to speak?
This is what Malcolm wrote:
"ChNN has often spoken of a time in the future on this planet when all teachings apart from Dzogchen have completely disappeared, and all people practice only Dzogchen. "

And:
"There are predictions to this effect in the original tantras of Dzogchen."
So Dzogchen will the the only path to awakening ...hmmmmmm
florin

Post by florin »

dzogchungpa wrote:
alpha wrote:
RobertoKhorviano wrote:One thing bothers me guys.

In this context... how should we see predictions about everyone practising Dzogchen?
What predictions are you talking about ?
Maybe this:
http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... 20#p104097

If rinpoche's claim is based on kalachakra prophecies than this could only happen in the very distant future, more like thousands of years from now.Because first the islam has to dominate the world and be destroyed and only then we can talk about the right conditions for vajrayana and dzogchen to flourish again or so i understood it.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

alpha wrote:
If rinpoche's claim is based on kalachakra prophecies than this could only happen in the very distant future, more like thousands of years from now.Because first the islam has to dominate the world and be destroyed and only then we can talk about the right conditions for vajrayana and dzogchen to flourish again or so i understood it.
More like 450 years from now, that is when the Kalacakra war is supposed to happen. But I don't think this idea is based at all on Kalacakra, but rather a prediction in the srga thal gyur tantra, where it says that Dzogchen teachings will continue to spread until the time when the lifespan decreases to ten years, at which point it will disappear. Given that the notion that the Śākyamuni's Dharma supposed to last 5000 years before it disappears and so on, we can see the inference that Dzogchen will be the last surviving system of Dharma.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Malcolm wrote:
alpha wrote:
More like 450 years from now, that is when the Kalacakra war is supposed to happen. But I don't think this idea is based at all on Kalacakra, but rather a prediction in the srga thal gyur tantra, where it says that Dzogchen teachings will continue to spread until the time when the lifespan decreases to ten years, at which point it will disappear. Given that the notion that the Śākyamuni's Dharma supposed to last 5000 years before it disappears and so on, we can see the inference that Dzogchen will be the last surviving system of Dharma.
So at that time Dzogchen will be transmitted and practiced by people under the age of 10?
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dzogchungpa wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
alpha wrote:
So at that time Dzogchen will be transmitted and practiced by people under the age of 10?
No, at that time, Dzogchen too will gave vanished. And when we say life span of ten years, it does not mean everyone has a life span of ten years, it means that there is such violence, that the average lifespan is ten years.

For example, we live now in an age where the life span for humans is considered to be a one hundred. This does not mean everyone lives to a hundred, or that one cannot live longer, etc.
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Malcolm wrote:No, at that time, Dzogchen too will gave vanished. And when we say life span of ten years, it does not mean everyone has a life span of ten years, it means that there is such violence, that the average lifespan is ten years.

For example, we live now in an age where the life span for humans is considered to be a one hundred. This does not mean everyone lives to a hundred, or that one cannot live longer, etc.
So what will the average lifespan be when everything but Dzogchen is gone?
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dzogchungpa wrote:
Malcolm wrote:No, at that time, Dzogchen too will gave vanished. And when we say life span of ten years, it does not mean everyone has a life span of ten years, it means that there is such violence, that the average lifespan is ten years.

So what will the average lifespan be when everything but Dzogchen is gone?
One assumes 100 years.
frank123

Post by frank123 »

My apologies for sounding like a broken record but i am just trying to get my head around that at some time in the future Dzogchen will be the only practice remaining on earth.Surely if it spreads across the whole globe so widely would it be accurate to say that the essence of the teachings will remain but there will not be cultural 'baggage' so to speak remaining.

For example Tibetan terminology will not be so important,the name Dzogchen wont be used to describe our true nature etc but the main essentials will still be intact.I know we cant know for sure but does this outcome seems most probable?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

frank123 wrote:My apologies for sounding like a broken record but i am just trying to get my head around that at some time in the future Dzogchen will be the only practice remaining on earth.Surely if it spreads across the whole globe so widely would it be accurate to say that the essence of the teachings will remain but there will not be cultural 'baggage' so to speak remaining.

For example Tibetan terminology will not be so important,the name Dzogchen wont be used to describe our true nature etc but the main essentials will still be intact.I know we cant know for sure but does this outcome seems most probable?

I have no idea.
frank123

Post by frank123 »

I guess time will tell :smile:
Reibeam
Location: On the Western continent In the mountains close to space

Re: Dzogchen and Buddhism

Post by Reibeam »

Malcolm wrote:

Well you see, Sally, it means the New Dzogchen World Order will start in the Southwest, with the former USA as the central capital of the world.

:woohoo:
Well, I certainly feel good now about moving to the southwest this year. It must have been the glowing light of the white A I saw peaking over the mountains last night. :twothumbsup:
Saoshun

Post by Saoshun »

Malcolm wrote:
kalden yungdrung wrote: What is left here that is utopia which resembles Dzogchen new age a la 2012. :shock:
What is left here is my conviction that Dzogchen will leave behind its traditional trappings and spread to all human beings on this planet. If you consider this utopian, fine. I consider this inevitable.

M

I agree and wish for it also, but should be more teachers and more people who can introduce you into natural state and experience of rigpa. I wish to read restricted texts with practices like unrestricted but it's still a wish. (I have couple but still looking for teacher to not break restriction. :spy: )
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

:namaste:

Things are slowly opening up.

Attended a 2 day retreat with Lama Glenn Mullin, this last weekend, and he did a creditable job of teaching all the 6 yogas of Niguma which, while not Dzogchen, helped to clarify many of the secondary practices of Dzogchen.

I strongly recommend Lama Glenn as an excellent Tantric teacher. (He may know Dzogchen also, but I have not heard these teachings from him.)

http://www.glennmullin.com/new/index.php

This afternoon I found a webcast of Fabio teaching Khumbaka on the DC Webcast site and it was very helpful. Before today, I believe, Khumbaka had always been presented as a closed retreat subject within the world of Dzogchen secondary practices. Nice that Fabio felt to teach Khumbaka in an open webcast. Nice that the IG permitted this.

Perhaps in the future it will be possible to receive all of the Dzogchen secondary practice instructions on the web, for free, with appropriate reading lungs from lineage holders.

A Dzogchen Master will always be required to give the pointing out, direct introduction, on or off the web.

:heart:
MalaBeads

Post by MalaBeads »

PadmeSamadhi wrote:I consider inevitable too.
hmm, well if enough people believe this, then it will happen. However, it seems to me that the teachings on emptiness teach us that nothing is set in stone, that nothing is inevitable. I really really think human beings underestimate how much belief effects what occurs.

Just what i think.

Ciao.
I am well aware of my idiocy. I am also very aware that you too are an idiot. Therein lies our mutuality.
Konchok Namgyal

Post by Konchok Namgyal »

:good:
Recognize that your mind is the unity of being empty and cognizant, suffused with knowing. When your attention is extroverted, you fall under the sway of thoughts. Let your attention recognize itself. Recognize that it is empty. That which recognizes is the cognizance. You can trust at that moment that these two – emptiness and cognizance – are an original unity. Seeing this is called self-knowing wakefulness. ~ Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

* deleted double posting*

SORRY :emb:
Last edited by lelopa on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lost In Transmission
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

lelopa wrote:
Konchok Namgyal wrote: :good:

oh yes - it is a good posting :applause:
Lost In Transmission

Return to “Dzogchen”