Protectors in DC question

florin

Re: Protectors in DC question

Post by florin »

Dronma wrote:
alpha wrote:
Dronma wrote: Rinpoche has told many times that for offering our daily meals is enough to spell only OM A HUM. If we cannot spell, then say it under breathing is always sufficient.
to my knowledge there is one more line to add after om ah hung.om ah hung blesses the food.and after that we enjoy our meal while in a state of integration.
We can add many lines before and after OM A HUM! But we are not here for teaching each other, since we all have Gurus and we study and take part in retreats for learning how to apply all these things. ;)
i am not here to teach you or anybody.i was mainly highlighting the need of using the complete instruction when one is transforming their meal into ganapuja as per Rinpoche's advice.
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

Namdrol wrote:
Just a remainder offering. Three roots are inside you, as well as protectors
Why is the remainder offered to the "guardians of the remains." These are really offered to the guests of compassion, having nothing to do with dharmapalas - correct?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dakini_boi wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
Why is the remainder offered to the "guardians of the remains." These are really offered to the guests of compassion, having nothing to do with dharmapalas - correct?
They are offered to those outside the mandala.
heart

Post by heart »

Namdrol wrote:
dakini_boi wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
They are offered to those outside the mandala.
Among others that is the Dharmapalas.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

Namdrol wrote: They are offered to those outside the mandala.
but why are they called "guardians?"
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

heart wrote:

/magnus
I thought the remains are offered to sentient beings of the 6 realms after the main offerings to the 3 roots and dharmapalas. - and therefore the dharmapalas are not included among the recipients of the remains.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dakini_boi wrote:
Namdrol wrote: They are offered to those outside the mandala.
but why are they called "guardians?"
Becuase they also have some function of guarding place.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

dakini_boi wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus
I thought the remains are offered to sentient beings of the 6 realms after the main offerings to the 3 roots and dharmapalas. - and therefore the dharmapalas are not included among the recipients of the remains.
They are not.
dakini_boi

Post by dakini_boi »

Thank you, all is clear :thanks:
heart

Post by heart »

According to one sadhana the remainder is offered to the "hosts of oath-bound realm protectors", which is what I been taught. Namdrol feel free to elaborate this point a little because "oath-bound realm protectors" are protectors if I am not mistaken, right? In fact I been told that the protectors can't enter the mandala.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

The remains are offered to the guests of compassion, and the local guardians; but not to the main Lineage Guardians (since the latter are to take part in receiving the main offerings).
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

alpha wrote:
i am not here to teach you or anybody.i was mainly highlighting the need of using the complete instruction when one is transforming their meal into ganapuja as per Rinpoche's advice.
Yes, of course. But we have to be in the state of integration 24 hours/day, 365 days/year!!! :D
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

dakini_boi wrote: Why is the remainder offered to the "guardians of the remains." These are really offered to the guests of compassion, having nothing to do with dharmapalas - correct?
"Lastly there is the third offering. When we invite Gurus, Devas and Dakinis and all manifestations of the Guardians, inferior beings and weak beings do not have the courage to show themselves.
in the dimension of the guests at a Ganapuja there are many beings of this kind, for example, spirits, small local guardians and even beings of the Six Lokas such as pretas or beings who are due to be repaid for some karmic debt, we may have left. We also make an offering to these beings.
We can make offerings to the pretas too, but they suffer from hunger and thirst because this is their karmic vision. Even if we authenticate the food with mantras and do our best, the pretas cannot see the food. Only a being such as Avalokiteshvara or a great Bodhisattva, with the power of his great compassion and wisdom, is said to manage to offer the pretas a few drops of milk and get them to enjoy it a tiny bit.
So in a Ganapuja we cannot offer proper offerings to the pretas. Also there are other beings, there are thousands of weak beings with whom we have karmic debts and we offer food to all these beings. Some believe that the leftovers are only for pretas but this is a mistake".

Excerpts from the book "Ganapuja" by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu, Shang Shung Edizioni.
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
heart

Post by heart »

Lhug-Pa wrote:The remains are offered to the guests of compassion, and the local guardians; but not to the main Lineage Guardians (since the latter are to take part in receiving the main offerings).
Like I said, they are protectors. :smile:

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

True Magnus, I did notice that; and you addressed Namdrol anyway, so I should have let him answer first. :)
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

The real true protector is an unwavering compassion ...

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

I've been taught that the remainders are for the low-level Protectors that can't come to the feast because they are at their posts on guard.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
heart

Post by heart »

pemachophel wrote:I've been taught that the remainders are for the low-level Protectors that can't come to the feast because they are at their posts on guard.
Sounds a lot like "hosts of oath-bound realm protectors" to me.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

daelm

Post by daelm »

Malcolm stated, as is commonly agreed, that transmission rests on a specific common state existing between teacher and student at the same time as various actions related to body, stitch and mind are enacted. This requirement seems to allow for the validity of live, non-local participation, and rules out recordings, since they are not live.

The noise on this thread is common on internet discussions, and is thought by those who study these interactions, to arise from the fact that the internet masks your audience and makes it easier to go with your snap judgement rather than an engagement in good faith.

There is a genuinely interesting discussion to be had one day, about how best to enable and support non-local participants, and what - if any - risks they face. One day, it should be had.

For the record, based solely on information on this thread, GR was not maligned nor in any way belittled. The involvement of his name in the discussion arise from the OP and earlier posters. GR is tangential to the discussion.
daelm

Post by daelm »

daelm wrote:Malcolm stated, as is commonly agreed, that transmission rests on a specific common state existing between teacher and student at the same time as various actions related to body, stitch and mind are enacted. This requirement seems to allow for the validity of live, non-local participation, and rules out recordings, since they are not live.

The noise on this thread is common on internet discussions, and is thought by those who study these interactions, to arise from the fact that the internet masks your audience and makes it easier to go with your snap judgement rather than an engagement in good faith.

There is a genuinely interesting discussion to be had one day, about how best to enable and support non-local participants, and what - if any - risks they face. One day, it should be had.

For the record, based solely on information on this thread, GR was not maligned nor in any way belittled. The involvement of his name in the discussion arise from the OP and earlier posters. GR is tangential to the discussion.
Wrong thread. Too many tabs open. I'll ask the mods to move it.

Return to “Dzogchen”