Amitabha Buddha

Re: Amitabha Buddha

Postby Dronma » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:51 pm

nirmal wrote:Diligence, the path to Enlightenment.No 'off-days' in practice.


:thumbsup:
In all aspects of life.... ;)
"My view is as vast as the sky, but my actions are finer than flour"
~ Padmasambhava ~
User avatar
Dronma
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 pm
Location: Athens - GR

Re: Amitabha Buddha

Postby muni » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:13 am

Mr. G wrote:[
I imagine common sense would say that diligence refers to actually taking the time to practice in a qualitative manner.


Thank you! Like here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9gm24bb ... re=related

:namaste:
First there was nothing. Then God said: “ May there be light!” And there was light.
There was still nothing, but now that was much better to see.

All plays freely as a symphony orchestra without conductor.
muni
 
Posts: 3355
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Re: Amitabha Buddha

Postby muni » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:42 am

nirmal wrote:Diligence, the path to Enlightenment.No 'off-days' in practice.



When a hungry yak is eating grass, he don't look/ examine the grass. A yak continues eating. :namaste:
First there was nothing. Then God said: “ May there be light!” And there was light.
There was still nothing, but now that was much better to see.

All plays freely as a symphony orchestra without conductor.
muni
 
Posts: 3355
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Re: Amitabha Buddha

Postby mzaur » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:15 pm

Lhug-Pa wrote:According to what I've learned, Buddha Shakyamuni, Guru Rinpoche Padmasambhava, and Je Tsong-Khapa are all 'emanations' of Amitabha (Padma Family); and the Dzogchen Master Longchenpa Rabjampa wrote that Buddha Shakyamuni himself attained Illumination eons ago as well.

As for what this implies regarding Pure Land Buddhism, perhaps someone with more knowledge on Pure Land can explain.

Maybe this helps (also has a link to Dharmawheel threads):

http://www.google.com/search?q=Shakyamu ... TF-8&hl=en


I was listening to a webcast recently, and Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche said that Garab Dorje is an emanation of Shakyamuni Buddha. This stuff is confusing :shrug:
User avatar
mzaur
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:18 am

Re: Amitabha Buddha

Postby Tenso » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:27 pm

Thanks to the peeps who replied to my question. :cheers:
Tenso
 
Posts: 956
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:04 am

Re: Amitabha Buddha

Postby pensum » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:56 pm

mzaur wrote:I was listening to a webcast recently, and Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche said that Garab Dorje is an emanation of Shakyamuni Buddha. This stuff is confusing :shrug:


you may find this of interest http://www.scribd.com/joseph_wagner_2/d/91242556-Identification-of-Garab-Dorje
pensum
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:12 pm

Previous

Return to Dzogchen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Pinus, Saoshun, tingdzin and 18 guests

>