No-self and Rigpa

heart

Re: No-self and Rigpa

Post by heart »

This is nothing to get exited about, on esangha at least 20 people would have been banned by now. :smile:
Here it is still a discussion going on, not much of a discussion but Namdrol's posts are very good I think. Jax have a bunch mailing-lists on yahoo and if you think he is a Dzogchen Guru (as well as initiated master in a bunch of other religions and newage stuff) you can join them and listen to his gospel without anything but cheers. There, just like here, he don't much like being criticized.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Sönam wrote:
alpha wrote:well...i understand that.... but if there is this danger where some people may spread misinformation and disclose aspects of the teaching which should be kept secret then i think that such forum shouldnt exist
It's a point of view ... on another hand, it is helpful to have the possibility to question knowledgable one, like Namdrol, on detail points or on text we don't have access because we do not read Tibetan. ChNNR always encourages us to question olders practitioners.
And it's true that from time to time there is a game of power, but since the time most of us are connected together (e-sangha time) it has worked pretty well ... I've learn a lot from those exchanges ...

Sönam

I am very new to Dharma forums. Today it is exactly 2 months since I started to read and post in DW.
Surely, I am not here for learning Buddhadharma or especially Dzogchen! That's why I don't like those who are preaching.
Personally, I have many questions to ask - which have arisen through teachings, practices or reading books - however since they are part of the transmissions I got, I stay silent. It is better for me to be intellectually ignorant of something, than to fill my mind with erroneous views!
I should ask only my teachers or old practitioners who I know personally and I trust enormously.
I don't like my mind to be filled up with trash of what everybody thinks that it is or it is not.....
When I have a physical problem, for example a pain in my back, then I have to find a good doctor for asking his/her advice. I would never go out in the street and start asking the people who are passing by what they think is the best cure for my pain....
If I am so careful with my body, why do I have to trust my mind to anyone without asking and checking first his/her credentials, and most of all his/her motivation of what he/she is saying in internet? :meditate:
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Dave The Seeker

Post by Dave The Seeker »

Everyday problems teach us to have a realistic attitude.
They teach us that life is what life is; flawed.
Yet with tremendous potential for joy and fulfillment.
~Lama Surya Das~

If your path teaches you to act and exert yourself correctly and leads to spiritual realizations such as love, compassion and wisdom then obviously it's worthwhile.
~Lama Thubten Yeshe~

One whose mind is freed does not argue with anyone, he does not dispute with anyone. He makes use of the conventional terms of the world without clinging to them
~The Buddha~
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Dronma wrote: I should ask only my teachers or old practitioners who I know personally and I trust enormously.
and that can also be the case on a forum ... some old practitioners are also presents, with the time you can also recognize them.

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

Sönam wrote:
Dronma wrote: I should ask only my teachers or old practitioners who I know personally and I trust enormously.
and that can also be the case on a forum ... some old practitioners are also presents, with the time you can also recognize them.

Sönam
Yes, Sönam. I already can recognize a few. But DW is an open forum, so I cannot post my questions publicly, because they are mostly about practices and transmissions. I am very careful with my samaya.... ;)
The sound of s i l e n c e.....
Sally Gross

Post by Sally Gross »

Dronma wrote:
Namdrol wrote: śūnyatā is a term in Indian mathematics which means 0.

N
Sure, there is no doubt about that. But zero can manifest only zero, according to mathematics.
So, "this" which is manifesting everything and it is full of potentialities cannot be zero! :meditate:
This comment is perhaps way :offtopic: and I am no mathematician but, thinking about it, the introduction of zero opened up endless possibilities in mathematics, a vein of potentialities which are very far from exhausted and are perhaps inexhaustible. Even in the mathematical sense, shuunyataa is not to be dismissed out of hand. :thinking:
Last edited by Sally Gross on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dukkham eva hi, na koci dukkhito,
kaarako na, kiriyaa va vijjati,
atthi nibbuti, na nibbuto pumaa,
maggam atthi, gamako na vijjati

Suffering there certainly is, but no sufferer,
no doer, though certainly the deed is found.
peace is achieved, but no-one's appeased,
the way is walked, but no walker's to be found.

- Visuddhimagga XVI, 90

Return to “Dzogchen”