Rigpa vs. Alaya

florin

Re: Rigpa vs. Alaya

Post by florin »

conebeckham wrote:
alpha wrote:When doing many times A i can only say that i have quite a few experiences which are not similar to each other.So i wouldn know witch one of them is rigpa.
For me it seems that the road of white A can lead to many destinations not one.
So how can i know what rigpa is when i have never seen it and therefore i cannot recognize it?
What is it that has all these experiences? Or, in other words, look at that which is the awareness of these experiences.....??

well looking at that and then looking at that which is been looking ...it is an infinite regression and there is no seeing of anything or realizing anything...

some would say that when looking at that which is realizing that something is happening you have to relax your attention and then a kind of clarity will emerge.How do i know that i am not contriving resting ?

There is nothing there ,just pure blankness,emptiness...nothing. And for those who are tempted...please...dont say that is clarity there...
Nothing like expansiveness,utter lucidity,pristine clarity...limitless and transparent.

Why do they use words like that?

So far i have been resting in the ground of experience.....pure ignorance.
Does CNNR say how to rest and what is happening there ?No .Never.
So after A i have been resting..Obviously i did it wrong and i continue to do so.

I am probably next in line......
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I'm eminently unqualified to say anything more!
But you should try to find a teacher you can sit with, to discuss these things......
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
heart

Post by heart »

conebeckham wrote:I'm eminently unqualified to say anything more!
But you should try to find a teacher you can sit with, to discuss these things......
I agree. It isn't very proper to talk about these things even with close vajra brothers.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Paul

Post by Paul »

conebeckham wrote: But you should try to find a teacher you can sit with, to discuss these things......
Just as a reminder, I know that Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche and Phachok Rinpoche will both be in the UK this year to teach. There are few people more qualified to teach Dzogchen on this planet, so it would definitely be worth coming to meet them and ask either of them these questions.

I personally think the opportunity to meet a teacher and discuss things with them in person is very, very important to gaining certainty.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
trevor

Post by trevor »

heart wrote:
I agree. It isn't very proper to talk about these things even with close vajra brothers.

/magnus
Why is it not proper to openly talk about "looking at that which is looking"? Seems harmless to me... After all, it's just sharing of experiences, innit?
MrDistracted

Post by MrDistracted »

trevor wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus
Why is it not proper to openly talk about "looking at that which is looking"? Seems harmless to me... After all, it's just sharing of experiences, innit?
One reason is that ones head can get filled with wordy concepts which are then difficult then to get rid of.
Paul

Post by Paul »

trevor wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus
There are also issues of maintaining samaya...
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
heart

Post by heart »

trevor wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus
Because whatever "answer" you might come up with is just an other concept, when actually practicing Dzogchen it is not very helpful.
I actually don't think it is helpful discussing Dzogchen experiences. Then there is Samaya.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Dronma

Post by Dronma »

trevor wrote:
heart wrote:

/magnus
For not someone be imprisoned in conceptual thinking.
For not spreading out deep ignorance.
Samaya exists because of fundamental reasons. It is not a matter of formal ritualism.

[Mod note 2024: The topic has been locked due to its age. Please rathercstart a new topic than necroing this one.]
The sound of s i l e n c e.....

Return to “Dzogchen”